7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

It doesn't quite make sense that they're attracted to the Ava's gear when they have no metal in them...Sure it'd be annoying, but why not replace shards with plate instead? Then at least it makes sense, both with Ava's and with the ports lore. (Since, as someone pointed out earlier, the Ascension race was created here in Gielinor and not the East...)

Still, that's just nitpicking. The changes to them are amazing and it makes me regret I didn't unlock darts sooner!

hzvjpwS.gif

If I am lucky enough I only need 2 more scrolls to unlock darts and with that the last scroll ;)!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It doesn't quite make sense that they're attracted to the Ava's gear when they have no metal in them...Sure it'd be annoying, but why not replace shards with plate instead? Then at least it makes sense, both with Ava's and with the ports lore. (Since, as someone pointed out earlier, the Ascension race was created here in Gielinor and not the East...)

Still, that's just nitpicking. The changes to them are amazing and it makes me regret I didn't unlock darts sooner!

Why replace them with plate when we can just replace then with regular metal bars?

Just got my last adventurer finale in and it succeeded. I pulled in 16 koi scale and 16 pearls using JM and FOTS. Now I am sitting at 92 pearls and 50 koi scale. I still have a 5 pearl voyage out and returning in 4 hours. I am pretty excited for the daily reset to see what comes. Will I get pearl and/or a trio finale voyage?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I thought plate was ceramic

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Do we get a refund?

I wasted 50 ancient bones on these... They should have a high upkeep nontheless, agreed on the range of fire though.

From now on i'll wait atleast a month before trying new content. They can't get it right the first time anyhow.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Mod Timbo actually balancing something right? I must be dreaming.  :D

Well, his balancing approach is to make something terrible and then (maybe) fix it later, instead of releasing something too good and then having to nerf it. His logic is that this reduces rage against his balancing.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Doesn't ava device attract ascension bolts anyway, the implication being the crystal has some metallic properties - further enforced by the fact it is used to make crossbow limbs and used as armour quite succesfully by the monsters.

Meaning it'd be perfectly logical for darts made from it to be collected.

But lol that they were "a little" too cautious

We're going from 1 bone + 100 shards = 10 darts to 1 bone + 50 shards = 50 darts

You've quintupled the output whilst halving the investment effectively reducing the darts cost by a factor to 10.

And thats without even factoring in the ava pick up which you could probably take as maybe knocking a further 25% of the overall cost.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Doesn't ava device attract ascension bolts anyway, the implication being the crystal has some metallic properties - further enforced by the fact it is used to make crossbow limbs and used as armour quite succesfully by the monsters.

Meaning it'd be perfectly logical for darts made from it to be collected.

But lol that they were "a little" too cautious

We're going from 1 bone + 100 shards = 10 darts to 1 bone + 50 shards = 50 darts

You've quintupled the output whilst halving the investment effectively reducing the darts cost by a factor to 10.

And thats without even factoring in the ava pick up which you could probably take as maybe knocking a further 25% of the overall cost.

We may see a future nerf, similar to the sirenic scale initial drop rate -> over-buff -> re-nerf

6Ij0n.jpg

ava's devices work by "spiritual magnetism", or so says the handwaveologists

in any case, yall better just do your conversions now while they're actually cheaper

waiting: generally a good strategy if there's something horribly wrong with the content

8f14270694.jpg

Removed and edited a few posts that discussed the little bug that could be abused .. No warnings though, no worries, just don't continue discussing it please.

2,544,000 distance here and 13% to the Shield. So far I've only bought the wisp crewman.. Should I get 1 of each regular crew next, or is the reef rider 'worth' it?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

The reef rider isn't worth it. I'd go for the rudder instead, that'll give you more useful speed.

I rolled 6 pearls, 6 plate and 125 terracotta all with combat requirements, and my combat ship is already out on a 35 spice voyage :(.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The reef rider isn't worth it. I'd go for the rudder instead, that'll give you more useful speed.

I rolled 6 pearls, 6 plate and 125 terracotta all with combat requirements, and my combat ship is already out on a 35 spice voyage :(.

I had a similar situation yesterday with seafaring. Ended up sending half-assed ships with 50-60% and nailed all 3.

In any case, in light of the 175 and 275 cotta missions, i think around 30k cotta total should be obtainable, but not sure the full 32k is, thus i'm keeping whisps off my crew. Another thing i'm doing is getting crew now so i don't lose any cotta when doing missions with ~60-70%. Once my crew is better i can shoot for the higher amounts of cotta more easily.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

xpx, what's your upgrade order for Loop? I started stocking terracotta for a merchant first, but realised it won't be that big an upgrade.

In general, rudder, some crew, other ship parts.

I will try to have as much crew as possible at the end of the loop, would like to have 4 merchants, and 565 of normal crew. Don't think i'm getting any wisps.

xpx, what's your upgrade order for Loop? I started stocking terracotta for a merchant first, but realised it won't be that big an upgrade.

I actually think the merchant to be the biggest upgrade in term of single crew. A level 10 TCM offers 700 morale upgrade over level 10 JM, while Morale Crew only has 600 upgrade at level 10.

Also, you get a stat upgrade going from level 10 JM to level 0 TCM, going from level 10 travelling band to TCM morale only offers stat upgrade after level 8.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I actually think the merchant to be the biggest upgrade in term of single crew. A level 10 TCM offers 700 morale upgrade over level 10 JM, while Morale Crew only has 600 upgrade at level 10.

Also, you get a stat upgrade going from level 10 JM to level 0 TCM, going from level 10 travelling band to TCM morale only offers stat upgrade after level 8.

Somehow, everyone except for us seems to think a merchants stats are worthless <_< It's also worth mentioning that cotta merchants are endgame crew, where as none of the other loop crew are.

according to the official POP sales thread, Levi ring was, reportedly, last sold for 4m instant, making levi ring worse than any of the old trade good per trade good.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Thanks for the input. Think I'm going to start with replacing an Oxhead with a Terracotta merchant then (only have 3 jade merchants, I know...), then go for the rudder because my non-JoD crews have problems hitting the speed cap. Probably go for the cannons next, I suppose.

Disappointing to hear about the Leviathan ring, but not in the least bit surprising lol.

6Ij0n.jpg