7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

Why are wisps pointless?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Why are wisps pointless?

They are only good for triple voyages and there are very few useful triple voyages in the loop(all normal voyages are chimes only). Plus they cost 166% of a normal crewman(that offer the same benefit for 3/7 voyages), thus if you have the luxury of alot of cotta, you can get one, but otherwise don't even bother.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The rudder upgrade should actually be a low priority upgrade for most people. But, you say, I don't hit the speed cap without it, so not getting it is wasting an hour! This is a valid argument only if you play long enough hours for it to make any difference.

Here's what I mean, assuming 9 hours with rudder and 10 without, for easy calculation:

1. Log in at 9am, send off your ships!

2. Send more ships at 6pm (with rudder) or 7pm (without rudder).

3. Ships return at 3am (with rudder) or 5am (without rudder).

Unless you plan to play RS at 3am, it makes no difference whether or not you have the rudder, because you'll be asleep for the two hours the rudder saves your ships.

• Like 1
Grate_Scot.png

Here is how I do it..

Send ships out at reset

Check ships again at 6am, everything except trade goods are back in. Send ships back out

Check ships 12 hours later. Still get 2x sendings of resources.

Really, unless you're going to wake up for ships at night, rudder is useless.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The rudder upgrade should actually be a low priority upgrade for most people. But, you say, I don't hit the speed cap without it, so not getting it is wasting an hour! This is a valid argument only if you play long enough hours for it to make any difference.

Here's what I mean, assuming 9 hours with rudder and 10 without, for easy calculation:

Unless you plan to play RS at 3am, it makes no difference whether or not you have the rudder, because you'll be asleep for the two hours the rudder saves your ships.

Trust me, I can send my ships out whenever I want. This is for maximum efficiency. Some people really do sleep just 4 hours a day. Some are just really organised. The fact that you might not be in either of those groups doesn't mean rudder doesn't give an advantage- it actually gives a huge advantage(your ships actually get back at the same time, not every hour because of different speed).

Is the final trio available in in pincers? I'm really feeling dogged by the system right now. I haven't gotten any koi or pearl in two days. I'm getting ancious to finish the levi ring. The only good news is I'm hitting the loop tonight and I sent my 3/4 dl dart scroll.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I can't seem to find the list of the new crew that will be in the last region, were the posts deleted?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Here it is Jayc3399

Crew:
Pearl Diver
- Stats: 0 morale, 0 combat, 1500 seafaring, 0 speed
- Cost: 6500 chimes, 750 terracotta

Sea-fort Guard
- Stats: 0 morale, 1500 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Party Animal
- Stats: 1500 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Reef Rider
- Stats: 450 morale, 450 combat, 450 seafaring, 2500 speed
- Cost: 7000 chimes, 600 terracotta

Wisp
- Stats: 300 morale, 750 combat, 750 seafaring, 800 speed
- Cost: 5550 chimes, 1250 terracotta

Terracotta Merchant
- Stats: 650 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Stargazer
- Stats: 0 morale, 0 combat, 2100 seafaring, 0 speed
- Cost: 8000 chimes, 850 azure

Gu Bodyguard
- Stats: 0 morale, 2100 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Zhonghu Player
- Stats: 2100 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Azure Golem
- Stats: 900 morale, 1100 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed
- Cost: 2500 chimes, 1500 azure

Kharidian Exile
- Stats: 450 morale, 450 combat, 1450 seafaring, 850 speed
- Cost: 7000 chimes, 1500 azure

Captains:
Captain
- Stats: 600 morale, 1050 combat, 550 seafaring, 350 speed
- Cost: 35000 chimes

Captain
- Stats: 550 morale, 600 combat, 1050 seafaring, 350 speed

Captain
- Stats: 1050 morale, 550 combat, 600 seafaring, 350 speed

Captain
- Stats: 550 morale, 550 combat, 550 seafaring, 950 speed
- Cost: 27500 chimes

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Here is how I do it..

Send ships out at reset

Check ships again at 6am, everything except trade goods are back in. Send ships back out

Check ships 12 hours later. Still get 2x sendings of resources.

Really, unless you're going to wake up for ships at night, rudder is useless.

If you have a short window of time to send your ships out in the morning, shaving an hour or so off the voyage times is extremely relevant--a ship that arrives ten minutes after you leave for work sits idle in your port all day.

Trust me, I can send my ships out whenever I want. This is for maximum efficiency. Some people really do sleep just 4 hours a day. Some are just really organised. The fact that you might not be in either of those groups doesn't mean rudder doesn't give an advantage- it actually gives a huge advantage(your ships actually get back at the same time, not every hour because of different speed).

Please tell me how I can be more organized to send more ships out with a rudder if I'm not going to be up at 3am everyday. If you only sleep 4 hours a day and can play RS the other 20, great, no judgement. But that's certainly not how most people play, and so for most people, the rudder is not very useful.

Grate_Scot.png

What if you're sending ships on long voyages? 14h30m voyages would matter if they were an hour or two longer because those wouldn't fit as well into your daily pattern (if you send it at 7pm, and it comes back at 930am, you may have already left for work).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is the final trio available in in pincers? I'm really feeling dogged by the system right now. I haven't gotten any koi or pearl in two days. I'm getting ancious to finish the levi ring. The only good news is I'm hitting the loop tonight and I sent my 3/4 dl dart scroll.

all of the adventurers unlock their stuff at the same tiers, so the only reason you'd be heading further in is to benefit from the best merchants, crew, and ship upgrades available, which will make the last parts easier and more profitable, and also give you time to gather up enough chest powerups to cover them all or train your skills up to be able to craft the things you want if you're not quite there yet

however, if you are looking for speed over quantity, you're certainly welcome to get things rolling as soon as you're ready

8f14270694.jpg

all of the adventurers unlock their stuff at the same tiers, so the only reason you'd be heading further in is to benefit from the best merchants, crew, and ship upgrades available, which will make the last parts easier and more profitable, and also give you time to gather up enough chest powerups to cover them all or train your skills up to be able to craft the things you want if you're not quite there yet

however, if you are looking for speed over quantity, you're certainly welcome to get things rolling as soon as you're ready

I figured as much its just odd to me.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Please tell me how I can be more organized to send more ships out with a rudder if I'm not going to be up at 3am everyday. If you only sleep 4 hours a day and can play RS the other 20, great, no judgement. But that's certainly not how most people play, and so for most people, the rudder is not very useful.

The point i was trying to make is that if you have the rudder and are very organised, you can log in 3 times a day for 10 minutes and lose almost no shipping time at all. Granted, that means that every 4 days you have to be up once at a time you would normally be sleeping, but that's not the end of the world. If you didn't have the rudder, you'd have to check in 12 times a day, which is a catastrophe.

The point i was trying to make is that if you have the rudder and are very organised, you can log in 3 times a day for 10 minutes and lose almost no shipping time at all. Granted, that means that every 4 days you have to be up once at a time you would normally be sleeping, but that's not the end of the world. If you didn't have the rudder, you'd have to check in 12 times a day, which is a catastrophe.

Okay, that's what I thought you were saying. I agree - if you're okay being up around 3-4am regularly for your port, the rudder is a lot of help. If not, you're on a two-a-day schedule, and it doesn't matter if you have it or not.

Grate_Scot.png

Okay, that's what I thought you were saying. I agree - if you're okay being up around 3-4am regularly for your port, the rudder is a lot of help. If not, you're on a two-a-day schedule, and it doesn't matter if you have it or not.

If you really don't care much and want to do ports only twice a day then yeah, the rudder will not give you much of an advantage in the loop. It would still save you time with long voyages(for example when your second check is 14,5 hours away and not 12), and it would definitely save you from a major obstacle in the next region(think max voyage times for every voyage) unless you do get it at some point. However, i'd guess that most people are able to check ships every now and then, and if they only ignore the night shifts they'd still get some of the advantages of the rudder. Keeping things in sync is important, and if you have to arbitrarily do that by not sending ships until they sync, it's a bad proposition.

Also- about waking up at 4 am.... I'm an NBA fan. NBA games usually start at 2 am in my time zone.

Here it is Jayc3399

Crew:

Pearl Diver

- Stats: 0 morale, 0 combat, 1500 seafaring, 0 speed

Sea-fort Guard

- Stats: 0 morale, 1500 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Party Animal

- Stats: 1500 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Reef Rider

- Stats: 450 morale, 450 combat, 450 seafaring, 2500 speed

- Cost: 7000 chimes, 600 terracotta

Wisp

- Stats: 300 morale, 750 combat, 750 seafaring, 800 speed

Terracotta Merchant

- Stats: 650 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Stargazer

- Stats: 0 morale, 0 combat, 2100 seafaring, 0 speed

Gu Bodyguard

- Stats: 0 morale, 2100 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Zhonghu Player

- Stats: 2100 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

Azure Golem

- Stats: 900 morale, 1100 combat, 0 seafaring, 0 speed

- Cost: 2500 chimes, 1500 azure

Kharidian Exile

- Stats: 450 morale, 450 combat, 1450 seafaring, 850 speed

- Cost: 7000 chimes, 1500 azure

Captains:

Captain

- Stats: 600 morale, 1050 combat, 550 seafaring, 350 speed

Captain

- Stats: 550 morale, 600 combat, 1050 seafaring, 350 speed

Captain

- Stats: 1050 morale, 550 combat, 600 seafaring, 350 speed

Captain

- Stats: 550 morale, 550 combat, 550 seafaring, 950 speed

- Cost: 27500 chimes

Thank you, going to run some calculations later based on estimates for the last region.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I finally made it to the loop and I'm one scroll piece from completion of all scrolls. I managed to roll a tcm and two seaford guards for later.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think I'm going to buy 2 TCM first then work on other crew in a 6/6/6 fashion (for now).

Got 3x Cherry trees and putting a Merchant on all possible voyages for highest %.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Can someone explain why everyone is prioritizing crew for this region. Assuming you have level 10 crew (which I assume most people do), the new crew aren't equal to them until level 7 and will only pass them at 8. Most likely, not all of your crewmembers (possibly seldom) will hit 8 by the time you hit the shield and start replacing them with endgame crew.

Or am I totally overestimating the time to hit 8/underestimating the time to hit Shield?

isiildur.png

Can someone explain why everyone is prioritizing crew for this region. Assuming you have level 10 crew (which I assume most people do), the new crew aren't equal to them until level 7 and will only pass them at 8. Most likely, not all of your crewmembers (possibly seldom) will hit 8 by the time you hit the shield and start replacing them with endgame crew.

Or am I totally overestimating the time to hit 8/underestimating the time to hit Shield?

It's level 6 to be equal to pincer crew. Level 6 takes around 20% distance. Good luck sitting on a ton of cotta and doing shield voyages with pincer crew.

Also, you have misunderstood what has been said. Crew isn't prioritized- ship parts are prioritized. But what else are you going to do with your cotta? The goal is to put yourself in the best possible situation for the last region while maintaining maximum effectiveness throughout the loop.

I assume, hypothetically, 66643 standard/tcm/jod is ideal for the Loop?

So I should just let go of my Oxheads first when recruiting new crew?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I assume, hypothetically, 66643 standard/tcm/jod is ideal for the Loop?

So I should just let go of my Oxheads first when recruiting new crew?

I'm getting exactly that or 665431 if i can. Don't get rid of oxheads until you've completed the final trio. Then, yeah, only triple missions you'll do are barmaid.