Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I always thought Rune Mysteries was about the rediscovery of Runecrafting after they worked out that the talisman was a key to the altars left behind. However, they released the Runespan without the Rune Mysteries requirement, and the wizards, when asked, already know about Runecrafting whether you've completed the quest or not (having to do with their assumptions that the altars will give out energy forever and never deplete). Hope this quest ties up that loose end.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I always thought Rune Mysteries was about the rediscovery of Runecrafting after they worked out that the talisman was a key to the altars left behind. However, they released the Runespan without the Rune Mysteries requirement, and the wizards, when asked, already know about Runecrafting whether you've completed the quest or not (having to do with their assumptions that the altars will give out energy forever and never deplete). Hope this quest ties up that loose end.

They rather clearly covered that in the video. They said rune mysteries only made sense as an unlock for runecrafting and they were getting rid of that and as such this quest was a replacement exploring the lore of the wizard's tower not a direct remake/rework in the way Doric's and Ozan's were.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It probably will, considering they frequently showed the runespan throughout the video. Good catch there.

hzvjpwS.gif

Somewhere in between. It's possible they could work in the old lore about rediscovering the rune altars into the new quest and have those events be in the past, like what they did to Romeo and Juliet when they kicked them out of the Varrock estate.

Which is somewhat true because between the advancing of the year to 170 and runecrafting's discovery actually being in the past of this game's history, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

8f14270694.jpg

Oh wow! The new Wizard's Tower looks awesome. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Looks like we're getting Obsidian armour with the Tzhaar GM quest.

I'm just excited for the 30 minute overloads that are to come with the next GM quest. :).

Huh? Watchu talkin bout?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Looks like we're getting Obsidian armour with the Tzhaar GM quest.

I'm just excited for the 30 minute overloads that are to come with the next GM quest. :).

Huh? Watchu talkin bout?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Wonder what tier obby armour will be, maybe 75? Would seem like an awful waste (given how hard the quest will be cmb wise based on the kiln quest) if its lvl 60 armour to match the weapons

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

honestly it's a waste having dragon armor occupy the current 60 slot when its largely impractical to own a complete set

this way you can have proper level armor AND fancy pants

i think there will be level appropriate awards, though...

8f14270694.jpg

I really like some of the update teasers. I don't know how some of the areas will function, but I fairly curious about that orb with multiple objects orbiting closely. I have a feeling that will take us to the runespan.

As for the summoned demon? Pretty much saw that coming... I just hope they don't follow the pure do-gooder attitude they usually do with quests. I would like to see them end it properly bridging off to another topic, issue or potential plot line. One would think learning more about the dark magics would help them later on to defeating future protagonists.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

^ Who said it was dark magics?

We have dark wizards and all sorts already doing that kind of thing, it is merely a 'forbidden art,' which judging by the video content last week seems to stem from combining all 4 elements in 1 spell which could imply its forbidden for being too powerful.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't know, but I just hope it ain't your stereotypical do-gooder ending. Maybe some twists and a slight cliff hanger. You would think something that is forbidden in a fantasy game would end up following the "do as I say" rule without remember really much about it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't really see the adventurer as much of a do-gooder tbh despite what some think of the lore. I mean in the grand scheme of things we are a tomb robbing, jail breaking, murdering, side-switching person motivated only by the prospect of a reward. The times things work out for the best seem more happenstance than intentional results.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg