Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

and to quote: 

"A lot of JMods PK - I used to PK, I know for a fact that Mod Infinity used to (because he killed me a few times!), and the EoC certainly saw a shift towards PvM, there's no denying that. The PK community is still out there, albeit smaller.

However, Legacy is currently in development, I've been lucky enough to see it (and it looks amazing). I expect this will cause a resurgence in the PK community - and I think we will see that in the Beta and when it has been approved by you, the player, and is put into the live game."

So this is the EoEoc, a last attempt to reel in older players?

I have my hopes on Mod Pi. theyve done a great job on poison rework, 8way switches, the bars and trying to revive defenders/minigame armours aswell as trying to implent options to DIY PvP armour. 

Mostly i'm confused, we shall see, I suppose?

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

and to quote: 

"A lot of JMods PK - I used to PK, I know for a fact that Mod Infinity used to (because he killed me a few times!), and the EoC certainly saw a shift towards PvM, there's no denying that. The PK community is still out there, albeit smaller.

However, Legacy is currently in development, I've been lucky enough to see it (and it looks amazing). I expect this will cause a resurgence in the PK community - and I think we will see that in the Beta and when it has been approved by you, the player, and is put into the live game."

I have my hopes on Mod Pi. theyve done a great job on poison rework, 8way switches, the bars and trying to revive defenders/minigame armours aswell as trying to implent options to DIY PvP armour. 

Oh neat a quote from my thread.

8-way switches? You mean macro-switches? I've yet to see anyone have the speed/accuracy to pull off 6-way switches. Most people can barely do 4-5 way switches. I have an extremely hard time believing anyone can click 8 times accuractely in 0.6 seconds.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

and to quote: 

8-way switches? You mean macro-switches? I've yet to see anyone have the speed/accuracy to pull off 6-way switches. Most people can barely do 4-5 way switches. I have an extremely hard time believing anyone can click 8 times accuractely in 0.6 seconds.

I haven't really tried it, but..

Maybe an ability bar with just gear on it?

Slide your finger across numbers? :P

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

and to quote: 

you shouldve seen me mining granite back in the day

and to quote: 

That works but comes with a problem.

You'd sacrifice 2 entire ability bars for an 8-way item switch. :P

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

and to quote: 

you shouldve seen me mining granite back in the day

Powermining is nowhere near as difficult as 4-6 item switches. Let alone 8.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I don't know where else to put this but off-hand rubber chicken. Gotta kill chickens in lumby farm until 1 respawns by dropping from the sky and saying "I have returned", then you kill it and it drops an off-hand rubber chicken. Can't be stored with Diango or in house.

Pwncg4e.png

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

and to quote: 

That works but comes with a problem.

You'd sacrifice 2 entire ability bars for an 8-way item switch. :P

I was managing it, albeit inconsistently :(

Like sometimes items in the center or at the end wouldn't equip properly, or would somehow unequip (like I hit the same one twice lol).

2dgucz6.png

I think they are being naive to think legacy will magically create a resurgence in the pvp community.

The good solid changes they are implementing to combat as a whole may help stir up interest again, but what is in essence a cosmetic reskin of momentum that just hides the ability bar isn't going to fix anything in terms of usage. I still think it would've been a much tighter result in the polls, even perhaps lost, if they had polled it AFTER revolution and momentum changes had gone live.

Plus there's more wrong with pvp than just the combat itself - reward is a big issue - with a more metagame outlook in the community at large are people really gonna go pk enmass for the like 100k or welfare gear people use instead of hunting bosses that make millions an hour? And what can you actually do to make people take better gear into pvp?

I dunno to an extent I just feel like by focussing to much on pvp they are flogging a dead horse - that community crumbled and died. Seems to me time would be much better invested in making the safe pvp minigames up to par with eoc so people can enjoy them more again rather than trying to resurrect a community that already left the game.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

and to quote: 

The game has little credibility or it's old values left,  they used programs for switches for so long so who even gives a shit that they're making macro switches in game now, bonds in game now, Sof rares now

Go to zybes oldschool section (as in 2003+ not the OSRS) and be amazed (lol)

@sy yeah, everytime we take one step forward we go five back.

Much agreed sy, I had my hopes up for minigames but all they're planning are graphical reworks (props to crucible though/Pi's plans for rewards for DiY armour)

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

So Chris L's working on the solo boss...

BnlLQDCIcAAKHae.png

http://twitter.com/JagexChrisL

Various pictures to come as he makes it, though we get a concept when he hits 2.5k followers, and an actual screeny of it in action at 3k.

Let's do this?

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

@Vork I dunno where your getting 'just graphics' from for all the minigame work. In future updates forum the blog from the Duks team specifically talks of reworks of PC and BA that go beyond just graphics. The only reference to graphics made in it is that PC they dont have dev budget to redo graphics and therefore the monsters won't be changing, but the island will be because someone in graphics already did in in their spare time a few months ago.

And Mod Pi mentioned the pvp tweaks would allow them to give pvp minigames more rewards than they have now - and in many games instances they aren't all that broken by eoc they just lack worthwhile rewards. Eg swars isn't good xp since eoc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I hate spiders, not killing this boss omg!

:lol:

Should be interesting to see how this works, considering that the place to fight seems kind of confined. A more mobile QBD perhaps?

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

There is a new Diamond poll to be released tomorrow:

• Make runes more valuable
  • Skill boss
  • Construction rework
  • Minigame spotlight

At the moment I am a bit split between Skill boss and con rework.

Anyone could help me make a choice? (As in arguments and not just plain: just pick that or this...)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Skilling boss should be interesting, I think Mod Deg's working on whatever wins, he did well with the Giant Mole, so I have high hopes for what he could do with a skilling boss...

Whatever you do, don't vote for making runes more valuable. We're already getting to the point where demand > supply for almost every type of rune, so making them more valuable would just ruin the price of them even more.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Its not a construction rework...

Diamond

We’d like to bring you a non-combat update later this year taken from your suggestions, but which should it be?
If voting is close, the two top options from this poll will face off in a final decider.

yp2Iob1.jpg

Make runes valuable
Make runes and rune essence more useful and valuable, making altar running worthwhile.

Skilling Boss
Make the skilling boss that narrowly lost a previous poll, using non-combat mechanics to test your mastery of a range of skills.

Construction Update
Add a new training method to Construction, with a time-based component (like how Player-Owned Ports works).

Minigame Spotlight
Get more players into existing minigames with weekly challenges and week-by-week bonuses to reward participation.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png