Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

^ Yeah don't fall into the derp trap of not reading.

This poll does NOT include the con rework - it's just a new D&D-esque training method.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Either making runes more valuable or the construction DD... I think both are great ideas

I think having random city commission construction jobs that you can help work on with increased build ticks based on job complexity.

I think having enriched runes that are occasionally not used when casting spells would be a good concept. They could make it so that if you use a talisman it allows you to create enriched runes. Talismans could be given charges for creating these types of runes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Because last time they tried introducing talisman into the rc process it was uber popular managing to create 6 runes that basically never get used, aside from mud runes since they are a herblore second.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Because last time they tried introducing talisman into the rc process it was uber popular managing to create 6 runes that basically never get used, aside from mud runes since they are a herblore second.

Well face it talismans are quite useless in runecrafting. They should do a rocktail soup like variant to runes. They can create regular, imbued (tradable), and enriched (untradable) runes. Imbued can have a 10% rune saving rate. Enriched could have a bonus 0.1% critical.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Another upcoming poll...

Task Set Item
Ruby

After the launch of the Elf City, we plan to release an Elf City task set. This will include a task set reward, but what benefits should the item give you? The top 3 will be included in the final release
The top 3 options will win

6oh185L.jpg

Bountiful fruit trees
Greater yields from the Elf Lands fruit tree, and small improvements from other fruit trees

Cheaper crystal recharge
A cheaper price for recharging crystals, and some other smaller reductions in shop prices

Dark Beast buffs
Gain combat buffs against the dark beasts, and improved drops

Elf Land teleports
Teleport easily to various locations around the Elf Lands

Hunter success improvements
A greater chance of catching pawya and grenwall, and no need for bait in other hunter situations

More crystal charges
An increased number of charges on the elf teleport crystals, and additional charges on other items

Trap Immunity
Gain immunity from the traps in the Elf Lands

Turn to crystal
A cosmetic effect that reverts you to crystal seed, like the Elf City itself

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I wanted a rake trap failure emote

both skilling boss and con d&d would take a bunch of development time, but minigame sprucing up shouldn't take as long (given the existing code from earlier special weekends), so i feel like that should be sitting on a backburner

8f14270694.jpg

Well, when I first read the Diamond poll, there really stood Construction Rework. I read it minutes after posting. It must have been changed since, and probably the Mod who posted it derped themselves.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I think they are being naive to think legacy will magically create a resurgence in the pvp community.

The good solid changes they are implementing to combat as a whole may help stir up interest again, but what is in essence a cosmetic reskin of momentum that just hides the ability bar isn't going to fix anything in terms of usage. I still think it would've been a much tighter result in the polls, even perhaps lost, if they had polled it AFTER revolution and momentum changes had gone live.

Plus there's more wrong with pvp than just the combat itself - reward is a big issue - with a more metagame outlook in the community at large are people really gonna go pk enmass for the like 100k or welfare gear people use instead of hunting bosses that make millions an hour? And what can you actually do to make people take better gear into pvp?

I dunno to an extent I just feel like by focussing to much on pvp they are flogging a dead horse - that community crumbled and died. Seems to me time would be much better invested in making the safe pvp minigames up to par with eoc so people can enjoy them more again rather than trying to resurrect a community that already left the game.

Took the words right out of my article ;)

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?times=1143

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The good solid changes they are implementing to combat as a whole may help stir up interest again, but what is in essence a cosmetic reskin of momentum that just hides the ability bar isn't going to fix anything in terms of usage. I still think it would've been a much tighter result in the polls, even perhaps lost, if they had polled it AFTER revolution and momentum changes had gone live.

Revolution: still uses abilities

Momentum: far too weak to be useful

This is why I think Legacy mode would be an improvement over both Revolution and Momentum for players who prefer pre-EoC.

Granted, they could simply buff Momentum so that it deals the same damage as Legacy mode combat would, while adding a on/off toggle for NIS and it would have done the job as well.

Revolution: still uses abilities

Momentum: far too weak to be useful

This is why I think Legacy mode would be an improvement over both Revolution and Momentum for players who prefer pre-EoC.

Granted, they could simply buff Momentum so that it deals the same damage as Legacy mode combat would, while adding a on/off toggle for NIS and it would have done the job as well.

Players who can't deal with revolution are just, no.

You can literally just load a premade bar and then ignore abilities with very little detriment to your dps if you're really that anti-abilities.

Sure you can't do top end pvm like this, but they already said legacy mode probably won't be able to either as they won't be able to deal with certain attacks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh, really? Ignoring Thresholds and Ultimates has very little impact on your DPS?

- In context to your survivability...

Anything as complex as airuts and up then you might have issues. Glacors and automatons are similar, but fairly legacy-safe.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Glacors should be interesting... Also have people thought about summoning?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Well, if they started by making abilities use up runes (and arrows/bolts), then runes would instantly become more valuable as well.

Aaand then we run into the issue of Magic and Ranged costing far more than melee again, and thereby undoing a chunk of the balance between style usability that EOC brought with it.

But, then, it seems like they're keen on screwing up a lot of EOC's positives for the sake of nostalgia, anyway, with so many of the changes I've seen on beta... :(

• Like 2

2dgucz6.png

Well, if they started by making abilities use up runes (and arrows/bolts), then runes would instantly become more valuable as well.

If they do this then all mellee weapons should degrade and need to use bars for repair

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The current issue is noone making runes, specifically bloods/deaths/fires- But millions are leaving the game every day thanks to Abyss/Dagannoth barragers, so they're now going up...

Pure essence is being given out in huge numbers from challenges, decreasing the price and bringing even more into the game... It's basically stuck in a loop.

I can't access GE graphs currently, but it's all there.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]