Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Thought this might interest some too:

[qfc]16-17-314-65433538[/qfc]

Hi everyone! At Jagex HQ we’ve watched the Ironman Challenge explode in popularity and have really enjoyed seeing players take on the challenge in youtube videos and livestreams!

If this is new to you, the Ironman Challenge is a community-craze where players start a new RuneScape character and have to play entirely self-sufficiently – you can only use resources and equipment that you’ve got for yourself and cannot get help from others. It’s a lot of fun and really tests your skill and game knowledge, as well as giving that feeling of being a wide-eyed newcomer to RuneScape who has to fend for themselves – even for grizzled veterans blk.gif

As much fun as this is, there are some drawbacks at the moment: there isn’t an easy way to show that you’re playing an ironman character, and there is no way to prove that you’ve honoured the rules of the challenge (or tell if others haven’t).

This is where we could help! We’re considering adding a mode for ironman into the game, to support this awesome community-created gameplay. We’re treating this as an experimental project, and can’t yet guarantee if or when it’ll come out, and may release a very basic implementation before deciding whether it gets developed further.

(The Old School RuneScape team are considering an ironman mode too, which makes a lot of sense as ironman’s popularity really grew out of the OSRS community. If you’re an Old School player keep an eye on the OSRS dev blogs and forums to join that discussion when it starts soon.)

At this early stage, we’d love your feedback and to get some discussion going over the right ruleset for ironman. Here is an outline of the rules and game mechanics we’re considering so far: 

- Ironman mode starts with a freshly created character.

- Once entered into the ironman mode, it cannot be turned off.

- When in ironman mode you:

-- Cannot trade with other players

-- Cannot use the Grand Exchange (except for buying Bonds – ironman your way to membership!)

-- Cannot pick up drops from players

-- Cannot pick up drops from monsters you have not killed

-- Cannot participate in multiplayer minigames

-- Cannot be affected by other player’s beneficial spells or abilities (e.g. Ice Asylum, Tele Group, etc)

-- Cannot be affected by group buffs (e.g. clan avatar)

-- Cannot use other player’s POH services (gilded altars, lecterns, etc)

-- Cannot acquire resources or equipment from Treasure Hunter

-- Cannot be assisted or accept aid.

-- Cannot buy items in shops which were supplied by other players

-- Cannot join a Dungeoneering team (only solo allowed)

-- Cannot use the grouping system when it launches

- Players in ironman mode would have a special chat badge, maybe a skull (like the mod crown or VIP star).

- We’ll need to find a way for ironman players to complete Shield of Arrav and Heroes Quest solo.

- As a stretch goal, we’d consider a hiscore table filter to just show ironman players

- And a final twist: an extended mode for the bravest of the brave - Hardcore Ironman!

-- Also requires a freshly created character

-- You only have one life – once you’re dead that’s game over!

-- Only your hiscore remains.

-- Hardcore ironman mode would show a different chat badge (maybe a red skull).

That’s what we’ve got so far. Please let us know if you can think of any other considerations or ways to make this even more fun!

Mods Easty, Philip and Pips.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Good job no-one claimed it was new then.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

aJsmt.png

Not seen this mentioned anywhere before, but thoughts on the capitalisation of Sight?

Either "Loljagex" typo, "Loljagexfalsehype" or Yanille tree removal confirmed. Possibly a hint to a future wilderness update

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

"...and will be able to access it in all it's glory when its finished later on down the track!"

...Preeeeetty sure you were supposed to finish ALL of the Elf City before the update. I also hope that's not the final texture either. it's missing A LOT of texture to it.

Popoto.~<3

"...and will be able to access it in all it's glory when its finished later on down the track!"

...Preeeeetty sure you were supposed to finish ALL of the Elf City before the update. I also hope that's not the final texture either. it's missing A LOT of texture to it.

They've been mentioning for a long time that the Elf City would be released in 2 blocks with a quest coming before them.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

^ Yeah since like March-ish we have had quest = aug, city batch 1 = sept, city batch 2 = nov timescale.

Plus if you'd heeded any of the previous teasers you'd full well know that the city we've been shown is 'grey block' stage - aka its made of grey blocks that havent been textured or polished off with fine details mixed with placeholder assets from other content

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The plague was fake? OMG SPOILERS I'M QUITTING.

Well this explains why some areas got licks of paint out of the blue. Thieving skill outfit boosting though, hype. And they didn't release it via Treasure Hunter. Shocked.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

The plague was fake? OMG SPOILERS I'M QUITTING.

Well this explains why some areas got licks of paint out of the blue. Thieving skill outfit boosting though, hype. And they didn't release it via Treasure Hunter. Shocked.

Inb4 black ibis rarity validated by an upgrade kit.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I cant be the only one who is feeling an increased interest in the upcoming treasure hunter promotions. Lately ive been keeping an eye out for the next interesting release.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I heard a rumor that portables were kind of a teaser for what Invention was supposed to bring.  Is there any truth to this, have plans changed, or is it just too far off in the future at the moment to tell?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I heard a rumor that portables were kind of a teaser for what Invention was supposed to bring. Is there any truth to this, have plans changed, or is it just too far off in the future at the moment to tell?

Well look at other things like silverhawk boots, totems, spring cleaner, wicked pouch, and now the elite training dummies.

It was mentioned that the rewards for divination - the divine locations and such - were supposed to be a side piece for players to feel they were also being rewarded. Later when invention would come out we would get more things to create specifically from invention.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Heard from a friend Invention is totally revised in what we do and what we can get from the skill, and they are using the old Intventor ideas for Treasure Hunter.

Not trying to sound mean, but more in agreement that this is so obvious. All the inventor type items so far make GREAT filler for treasure hunter. I mean yeah the level based loot is good, but stuff like portables make treasure hunter great for the game and members who want to pay in more.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png