Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

My suggestion (but i wanted a praying mantis scythe). Its called a 'noxious scythe'. Does anyone have a picture of the magic staff?

3mPNVfx.jpg

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

All in all sounds like an interesting setup for the fight etc.

To surmise for anyone who didn't catch the stream:

Phase 1 is the basic intro stage which has the 3 basic moves and 1 effect:

A web dome inside which he heals up, you can attack but get recoil damage to make the heal do less.

Binding you up in a web cocoon that you spam move to escape.

A 'cleave' where it swings front four legs that can hit you and familiar.

When it enters the arena it will randomly spawn in a melee, ranged or mage variant which defines its basic damage type and a vague weakness.

This also defines its effect it can apply - melee is a basic bleed, ranged is a poison and mage is a stat drain.

Each phase of the 4 phase fight has 100k health and what health you leave the boss at when you decide to move on is logged and plays a role in phase 4 - but they haven't revealed what.

Each phase you moved through involves araxxor gaining a new move - you can either fight it until it runs out during that phase or face it in a stronger form in the final phase.

Phase 2 is a choice of 3 paths each with a different tactic that you can wear out - the other 2 will appear in phase 4.

The top path is spawning 20 minion eggs for you to fight.

Phase 3 sees all three paths reconnect and presumably has another move added to araxxor but it was not shown off.

Each week only 2 of the 3 paths are open - at launch it will be 1 and 2, on weds 1 will close and 3 will open.

As for the weapon drops the 3 stick parts are tied to the paths - path 1 for the top, 2 for the middle, 3 for the bottom. Noway to get all 3 parts without doing all the paths in various kills. As for the final piece the drop is random, though there is a marginally higher odds for the piece matching class of araxxor - e.g. melee more likely to give scythe part.

Apparently the average loot is around 300-400k, but can get as high as 800k with luck and the unique drops are not all that rare. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And i found a picture of the noxious staff:

NMH71WQ.jpg

So the noxious scythe is made from one of his fang. The noxious staff is made from his eye. The noxious bow is made from his webs. The three stick components are made from his leg parts.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The scythe looks bad.

I hope you can override it :(

From the hold and sheathe stance and the fact its 2h slash I'd imagine the 2h sword overrides might work on it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From the hold and sheathe stance and the fact its 2h slash I'd imagine the 2h sword Halberd/maul overrides might work on it.

Minor correction.

Not sure how to feel about the paths alternating each week, but it still looks fun.

Tbf the alternating won't be epically bad unless there is literally only 1 path you ever want to do and even then it's only 1/3 weeks it'll be shut.

Path 1 will be good week 1 and 3

Path 2 week 1 and 2

Path 3 week 2 and 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

i would have to ask the art team to make another pass on these weapons, yes

They don't look bad persay, but the particles are VERY overkill.

I for one, will be overriding all three of them with better looking things with no particles

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

i would have to ask the art team to make another pass on these weapons, yes

They don't look bad persay, but the particles are VERY overkill.

I for one, will be overriding all three of them with better looking things with no particles

I for one will be using the Infernal override set like I mentioned earlier in this thread :D 

Soo glad it turned out to be a scythe hahaha

2dgucz6.png

Tbf the alternating won't be epically bad unless there is literally only 1 path you ever want to do and even then it's only 1/3 weeks it'll be shut.

Path 1 will be good week 1 and 3

Path 2 week 1 and 2

Path 3 week 2 and 3

Yeah, just seems like it'll be a bit of an annoyance, depending on how rare each one is. I'd hate to be unlucky enough to miss path 1's piece and then have to wait for it to cycle around again before I can finish the weapon, for example.

Nothing too serious, of course, especially before we really know anything about how it plays.

Well good overrides for them would be the keepsaked obliteration staff, zamorakian bow override and the cursed reaver scythe.

Sorry but you have to do them justice. Scythes are amazing...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

now would be a great time to use the rest of my clovers and hope for a wizard tower staff

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Bit late, but the scythe is a halberd-based item. (You know, that weapon-group NO ONE uses anymore)

Retro dragon halberd override pls.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Bit late, but the scythe is a halberd-based item. (You know, that weapon-group NO ONE uses anymore)

Also mauls. and I'm sure they can make am exception to this scythe to allow overrides from other trees

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Also mauls. and I'm sure they can make am exception to this scythe to allow overrides from other trees

Not really possible, overrides rely on the shared poses and animation set of the weapon to function thats why they are limited the way they are.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Team 1 Team Blog III

Team 1 Team Blog III

Ho! Ho! Ho! Welcome to a very festive Team 1 Team Blog.

Christmas seems to come a little earlier every year, but don’t worry we aren’t going to be putting up our festive lights just yet. We have been thinking ahead and wanted to get your input.

Firstly we have decided on a base event that is a real cracker! It will likely run throughout December and will have some similarities to the Road Trip event earlier in the year. In addition we will reactivate the festive aura and decorate the world a little with snow and Christmas trees. After that we believe we are going to have some additional time to do more and this is where we are looking for your input. 

We have three other ideas we would like to do, but are unlikely to have the time to do them all. So in the near future we will have a Player Power poll where you can pick which we do first. These ideas aren’t fully fleshed out yet, but you should get a very good idea for what we are going for.

Santa Highlander

‘There can be only one.’ A fun, safe PvP, game featuring two factions, and a single Santa Clause. Either join the naughty or nice team and help or hinder Santa from delivering presents or coal. If Santa dies, then the first person to pick up his sack becomes the new Father Christmas.

Ice Skating on Lumbridge Lake

Lumbridge doesn’t have a lake, but does have a very big crater. What if it rained a fair bit and filled with water? Then what if it froze over and you could stand on the ice? Then surely you would put on your ice skates and practice your figure skating or perhaps some sweet tricks?

Snowman Boss

Ever seen The Snowman? A bit like that, but it is a giant Snowman. Also a not very nice Snowman, hell bent on pelting the various cities and towns with snow. Create and then destroy. And then create again because maybe you will make a nice snowman this time? (Spoilers: You won’t)

But wait! These are only our ideas, perhaps you have some of your own?

Big or Small let us know. There is still much to be decided. You might have an idea that challenges one of our three above. Alternatively we could do with a lot offestive themed reward suggestions.
If you already have a thread for your suggestion, please link it.

One further note before we leave you alone with your thinking caps. Reserving a post for later isn’t particularly useful to us, and will likely mean we won’t actually read it. As people reply, we read up to the latest post and take note of where we get to. We then pick it up again from there after there are more replies. If you go back and edit a post we have already read, it is very unlikely we will see it.

Thank you,
Team 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.