Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Turn lighting detail on. Stand on the light circles when they appear, make an attempt to dodge araxor in the quick time event

No im talking about phase 3 in itself with the ten spider spawns and his increased rage makes it very hard. The light isnt a problem. Whats hard is the spiders couples with his phase 3 increased rage makes it extremely difficult.

I should just use sup levi ring for this maybe?

Take advantage of Devotion and Debilitate right after he specs/spawns spiders/room goes dark. And don't worry about Araxxor when the spiders are up, just focus on killing those before thinking about Araxxor.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Just throwing it out there that the live stream of barbarian assault rework and hardmode goes live in 90 minutes. I just wanted to ask people to watch and post details as it goes on.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's interesting imagining JMods as "gods" in terms of playing ability and then realizing how terrible (or just noob, for lack of a better term) at playing the game.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I was watching them die a few times on hard mode and saying as you can see its not easy and you probably will die a few times at first.

My immediate thought was it doesn't look all that hard - mostly you are making stupid mistakes (e.g. attackers not switching stances) and by the laws of jagex difficulty vs reality the omg its hard cause we are dying probably translates to level ~50-80 people brand new to it will die a few times, anyone with reasonable gear who knows how BA works will sail through with relative ease.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's interesting imagining JMods as "gods" in terms of playing ability and then realizing how terrible (or just noob, for lack of a better term) at playing the game.

True...but...barb assault isn't that hard >_>'' Unless they're demonstrating the new hardmode, in which case I'd be judging them too harshly. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

I was watching them die a few times on hard mode and saying as you can see its not easy and you probably will die a few times at first.

My immediate thought was it doesn't look all that hard - mostly you are making stupid mistakes (e.g. attackers not switching stances) and by the laws of jagex difficulty vs reality the omg its hard cause we are dying probably translates to level ~50-80 people brand new to it will die a few times, anyone with reasonable gear who knows how BA works will sail through with relative ease.

The only constant about Jagex difficulty is that its wrong. Oh its difficult usually means that it'll be pretty easy. But then they go and tell level 80's to kill QBD. ITs just weird.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Jagex difficulty tends to have two polar opposites:

We tested it as normal players and died therefore we say it is hard, but real players will sail through it until we over buff it in a kneejerk reaction and then take months to balance it right.

We tested it using mod powers like infinite health and over-boosted stats and found it ok, therefore it is 'doable' by mid-high level players, but real players will be utterly destroyed and we will nerf things later - right about when the related markets stabilise cause lol chaos.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We tested it as normal players and died therefore we say it is hard, but real players will sail through it until we over buff it in a kneejerk reaction and then take months to balance it right.

We tested it using mod powers like infinite health and over-boosted stats and found it ok, therefore it is 'doable' by mid-high level players, but real players will be utterly destroyed and we will nerf things later - right about when the related markets stabilise cause lol chaos.

I like this, although I think one of the main issues is that there is a major gulf in playing ability among J mods just like there is in the general playerbase. When people like Chris L or some of the ninjas get put on the boss updates, they look at what they and those in the higher ends of the PvM community can do. Look at a few youtube videos and see that people "can" do these bosses at those lower levels...however, the ones that can do QBD at 80 are the types that would have the videos up on youtube, they're better than most players so judging it by them is insane.

Then you get people like Jack and Timbo, I love Jack's lore books and Timbo seems like a good guy but they don't strike me as PvM champions. Jack and Timbo both seem more like language and number crunching type people. So when they base it off their combat abilities, its probably average or lower. I don't think it has as much to do with mod powers as much as each dev looking at a different group as normal.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

"hey, they're doing too good at this. but since we don't know why, let's just change the numbers by a few zeroes, leave it like that for maybe half a year, and see if the results are worth actually remembering what we were doing at the time to do something about it, fail to remember, and just do something else that we do know how to do instead because it's the thought that counts right"

"man we are great designers"

"anyway what update were we talking about?"

"shit i don't know just make the art team interns do something let's go get a sandwich"

"also if a majority of our playerbase ever likes something lets ruin it forever and then ruin whatever they pick after that"

"hey remember when we made combat stats and prayer useless and gear useful and then people complained it was only about the gear so we made armor useless but kept the stats and prayers useless and then after they all put on void gear we nerfed that too even though it was actually useful before eoc"

"yeah that was [bleep]ing hilarious. yo, give me a pastrami on rye"

8f14270694.jpg

The testing part is spot on but the second half needs an amendment. "We tested it as normal players and died therefore we say it is hard, but real players will sail through it until a handful abuses the shit out of it and makes billions/gets 200m then we over buff it in a kneejerk reaction and then take months (about 12 months because yea that's a year but technically it's also months) to balance it right."

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

At the moment you use a Hydrix on a cut onyx, string it/cast it like normal and use the enchant onyx spell. A lot of players suggested that instead of turning to dust (which is [bleep]ing retarded to be honest) it becomes in a "dead" state after 10 hrs, and is recharged by adding another cut onyx to the hydrix gear.

Popoto.~<3

Q: Could you let us recharge the new jewellery items with onyx gems instead of using the "degrade to dust" mechanic? Right now most of them have niche uses, making them not worth getting.

Mod Ana: This is on our list of feedback changes to make.

From the Soul Reaper FAQ on Recent Updates forum (from rsof)

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Q: Could you let us recharge the new jewellery items with onyx gems instead of using the "degrade to dust" mechanic? Right now most of them have niche uses, making them not worth getting.

Mod Ana: This is on our list of feedback changes to make.

From the Soul Reaper FAQ on Recent Updates forum (from rsof)

This is absolutely perfect and a much needed revision to fix a reward which would have otherwise been useless. Not only have they made the new jewelry worth using with this, they have made Onyxes more useful and added some value to them, and thus by proxy also making the Kiln more valuable and worthwhile (and also the 100 Kiln requirement).

"hey, they're doing too good at this. but since we don't know why, let's just change the numbers by a few zeroes, leave it like that for maybe half a year, and see if the results are worth actually remembering what we were doing at the time to do something about it, fail to remember, and just do something else that we do know how to do instead because it's the thought that counts right"

"shit i don't know just make the art team interns do something let's go get a sandwich"

"also if a majority of our playerbase ever likes something lets ruin it forever and then ruin whatever they pick after that"

"hey remember when we made combat stats and prayer useless and gear useful and then people complained it was only about the gear so we made armor useless but kept the stats and prayers useless and then after they all put on void gear we nerfed that too even though it was actually useful before eoc"

I miss void :'(

well combat in general now.

owell

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I miss void :'(

well combat in general now.

owell

I haven't kept up with this thread in a few weeks-months so I haven't read a lot besides this page, but they've never considered bringing void back and making it more useful? I feel like when they release new content they kill old content. Yes, I know it isn't easy to keep old content new necessarily but they seem to make no effort for months to revive it. Void could be SO useful, like it used to be.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png