Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

It has no association with slayer. At all. That's probably yet another reason why they changed the name to Soul Reaper. It's handled like slayer in that there is a master and a task given, but you can only do 1-2 tasks a day so it's more like a new bossing daily. All of the rewards are intended for pvmers, from what I listed above to also the temporary rewards like the combat aura refresh, and the reduced degrade on next death. They do allow Slayer to bleed into this in that some rewards can be bought with slayer points but the amount is very small and the prices ridiculous.

I realize I'm explaining the basic idea of it like you don't know because I don't know if you had your hopes up from the original Boss Slayer name or just didn't realize the rewards like that were for high-end pvmers, not casual slayers.

I hope you don't have to maul vorago 50 times.

And i really hope the armor isn't just cosmetic.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Maul is trim still. You just need an xp drop from the boss for it to count, so you can mass anything.

The Armor is very much cosmetic.

Well, that's ok at least.

But with that much effort it shouldn't be cosmetic.

It should be t90 hybrid armor inmo

Or t90 all class power armor, with def and combat bonus similar to gwd stuff..

Something to reward so much work

Maul is trim still. You just need an xp drop from the boss for it to count, so you can mass anything.

PVMers don't need better gear they need something to stroke their egos and a cosmetic armor set that is difficult to obtain only through boss slaying seems to fit the bill perfectly.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

PVMers don't need better gear they need something to stroke their egos and a cosmetic armor set that is difficult to obtain only through boss slaying seems to fit the bill perfectly.

That is opinion, and that's ok

Such irrational hatred.  If I learned anything from browsing tip.it it's people making opinions on things they don't understand or are refusing to understand.  Set up your own boogeyman and be afraid of it/hate it.

Irrational hatred?  It's quite sensible, they have the gear my guess would be PVMers want something they can show off about how good they are at PVM. Obviously that makes it irrational hatred though. 

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

as a pvmer i would say new gear is cool, but we want it from new bosses!  so a cosmetic armor set from boss slayer is just fine.

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

as a pvmer i would say new gear is cool, but we want it from new bosses! so a cosmetic armor set from boss slayer is just fine.

You know a gear augment much like mobilizing armies wouldnt have been a bad idea. They could have also made consumable potions that gave you extra strengths/perks over certain bosses.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

aWfsbwc.png

Time calculation for boss slayer, assuming t90 gear and competentish teams.

Dag kings I put as 50KPH because I didn't know if they were 100 total or 100 of each, turns out they're 100 total so that's an half an hour saved.

Also assuming 5+ man for Kalphite king, because massing is way more consistent for this sort of thing.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

When is the path reset for araxxor?

Was tonight, Path 1 and 3 are now open. Was path 2 and 3 before reset and for the last 4 days.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Was tonight, Path 1 and 3 are now open. Was path 2 and 3 before reset and for the last 4 days.
Is it on a weekly cycle resetting on thursday midnight gmt?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No, I think it just changes rotation every 4 days without regard to the day of the week, but I could be mistaken.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

No, I think it just changes rotation every 4 days without regard to the day of the week, but I could be mistaken.
i thought it was mentioned in a newspost somewhere, but i couldnt find out where.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

i thought it was mentioned in a newspost somewhere, but i couldnt find out where.

It's every 4 days, so the next rotation switch is on midnight on Monday/Tuesday (or is it Tuesday/Wednesday?), where it'll be path 1 and 2 open. But yes, with the reset ~16 hours ago, it changed from path 2&3 to path 1&3

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Turn lighting detail on. Stand on the light circles when they appear, make an attempt to dodge araxor in the quick time event

Turn lighting detail on. Stand on the light circles when they appear, make an attempt to dodge araxor in the quick time event

No im talking about phase 3 in itself with the ten spider spawns and his increased rage makes it very hard. The light isnt a problem. Whats hard is the spiders couples with his phase 3 increased rage makes it extremely difficult.

I should just use sup levi ring for this maybe?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png