Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

are we commoditizing dg tokens now?  kinky

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

The way the bts video spoke sounded like it wont need anything extra - it did say you assemble three pieces it drops to make the stick then add a 4th class specific piece to turn it into the desired weapon.

That doesn't sound very upgrade imo - it sounds like a rehash of the godswords; replace shards with the stick components, blades with the stick and hilts with class specific items.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm assuming/hoping that the odds of getting each of the weapons will be the same.

I guess with regards to the effects the L90 2H weapons will have on the DW versions prices, the biggest issue is that for God only knows what reason, the DW weapons have such differences in their respective drop rates.    It really was horribly poor design on Jagex's part the differences in rate of getting the weapons between KK, the Ascension bosses and Vorago.  You would have thought that given they were all released within around an 8 month period they could have considered it even a little.         

I am very much looking forward to Araxxor though, and living the vague hope that I stand a chance of one day getting a lvl 90 mage weapon without needing to save the best part of 1 bill.

At least araxxor shows they have listened to the complaints that for a tier to be equal (as per eoc design ideal) each set ought to come from equal sources - ideally the same source.

The disparity between relatively easy str8 up bossing with relative common drop (as unique drops go) vs jumping through a billion hoops to try and get 5 (6?) rare drops vs getting a rather rare drop from a very long extreme boss fight is just stupid.

Even if they thought asc and kk might balance out it doesn't take a genius to see Vorago is much harder and longer to kill than KK and thus drygores and seismics couldnt even approach equal footing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

At least araxxor shows they have listened to the complaints that for a tier to be equal (as per eoc design ideal) each set ought to come from equal sources - ideally the same source.

The disparity between relatively easy str8 up bossing with relative common drop (as unique drops go) vs jumping through a billion hoops to try and get 5 (6?) rare drops vs getting a rather rare drop from a very long extreme boss fight is just stupid.

Even if they thought asc and kk might balance out it doesn't take a genius to see Vorago is much harder and longer to kill than KK and thus drygores and seismics couldnt even approach equal footing.

Yeah i agree. I expect to not hear a lot of whining over this. I would imagine each of the three tunnels rewarding unique finishing items. So no whining if you dont have the magic gear and skills to get the magic counterpart. That goes the same with ranged and melee.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hm...

Here is an interesting concept. This is another one of those ideas that has literally been around since the dawn of time. for those of you who have been around since the lunar spellbook was released there is a good project under way.

16-17-66-65431714

At the moment I'm designing a feature which will allow you to "Inspect" another player from the right-click menu.

This will show you that player's equipped gear, cosmetic overrides, combat stats and skills.

However, we want this feature to be as good as it can be. Is there anything else you'd like to see when you inspect another player?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I want to see their blood type and a hint to their most terrible secret

also i guess which clan they might belong to

(on unrelated note i would like to see the owner of any vex planted)

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about that as a feature as laid out there. For me part of using cosmetic overrides is because I want to cover up what gear I'm using, seems a bit intrusive to allow someone to subvert that and know what I've got on anyway in all situations.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about that as a feature as laid out there. For me part of using cosmetic overrides is because I want to cover up what gear I'm using, seems a bit intrusive to allow someone to subvert that and know what I've got on anyway in all situations.

I believe they also mentioned later in the thread that some of it would be hidable.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems to me that idea is to remove the need to ask the question "Hey, what are you wearing?"

I don't really see any negative here. Who cares if they know what your wearing, they will still see you as you want to be seen.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Also I just watched the Araxxor BTS, way more excited now, especially to see if they can balance the extra challenge of duoing with reward - doesn't seem they mentioned double the drops for duoing despite double the damage taken.

The mechanics seem very interesting, and maybe just maybe like something that someone can do to earn a level 90 weapon solo (that doesn't take a year like f-ing ASC if you wanted pure DIY).

Disappointed the bow was the only one shown, but with how ugly it is (even if appropriate) I'm thinking overrides are in order. :P Kinda really hoping for a maul for 2H just so I can use all the Infernal overrides if/when I do get the weapons.

2dgucz6.png

include unpotted, no pray, max hit and it should skull in Wilderness.

and on the contrary add cloak spell xD

^just for the lulz

Doesn't work with Accept Aid Off is my only request really, seems great

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Also I just watched the Araxxor BTS, way more excited now, especially to see if they can balance the extra challenge of duoing with reward - doesn't seem they mentioned double the drops for duoing despite double the damage taken.

The mechanics seem very interesting, and maybe just maybe like something that someone can do to earn a level 90 weapon solo (that doesn't take a year like f-ing ASC if you wanted pure DIY).

Disappointed the bow was the only one shown, but with how ugly it is (even if appropriate) I'm thinking overrides are in order. :P Kinda really hoping for a maul for 2H just so I can use all the Infernal overrides if/when I do get the weapons.

But Oddish made his own set of dual Ascbows within two weeks or something :P

I just had the chilling realization that you have to technically DIY solo two ASCs if you want to match one lvl 90 2H... no clue if they'll take that into consideration in balancing time taken for 1 lvl 90 2H, or what effect that might have on prices -.-

Inb4 Signet farming is even deader.

2dgucz6.png

I just had the chilling realization that you have to technically DIY solo two ASCs if you want to match one lvl 90 2H... no clue if they'll take that into consideration in balancing time taken for 1 lvl 90 2H, or what effect that might have on prices -.-

Inb4 Signet farming is even deader.

too bad because i really liked making the ascensions i made.  it's also the best xp by far of any high-end bossing.

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

If signet farming becomes even deader, then that would mean cheaper prices for keystones.

While that would be the end of moneymaking at Rorarii, it would make it more viable for people to make their own ascensions since you could get more keys for less.

Then again, chances are you might still be better off buying the Ascbows directly.

Boss slayer dev blog update:

- Update 22/07/2014

The pre-release for Boss Slayer is now live!

We hope you enjoy the new timers and the comfort of knowing that your boss and creature kills are now being tracked. These features will hopefully create some healthy competition between players and we'll no doubt be developing some seasonal hiscores with them in mind in the not too distant future.

With this now in the game you'll be able to start working towards some of the rewards that come with the main Boss Slayer update. For those aiming for the previously mentioned Completionist requirements, you'll now be able to do so. With the main release you’ll be able to see the information we’re now tracking in a new pane created by Asherz which will appear within the Adventurers interface.

We've also done our best to backtrack whether some of the bosses have already been killed by players based on the data we had stored. If we could prove that a player had killed a boss at least once we gave them a kill, which we thought would help those that wouldn't want to replay a particular boss. Here is a list of the bosses we've backtracked and the requirement to be given a kill:

Barrows - Checks if the player has obtained the Barrows icon during the Temple of Senntisten quest.

Barrows: Rise of the Six - Checks that Barrows: Rise of the Six has been completed.

Commander Zilyana - Checks if the player has obtained the Saradomin lore book.

General Graardor - Checks if the player has obtained the Bandos lore book.

Har-aken - Completion of the Fight Kiln.

Kree'arra - Checks if the player has obtained the Armadyl lore book.

K'ril Tsutsaroth - Checks if the player has obtained the Zamorak lore book.

Nex - Checks if the player has obtained the Nex lore book.

Queen Black Dragon - Obtained the first Dragonkin journal.

TzTok-Jad - Completion of the Fight Kiln, or sacrificed a fire cape.

Vorago - Checks that Vorago has been mauled personally.

Vorago (Hardmode) - Checks if the player has unlocked '_ the Defeater' title.

Now for an exclusive! Here's a cosmetic override set that you'll be able to earn piece-by-piece for killing certain amounts of bosses. Let me just warn you, this won't be easy to obtain, only those that are true masters of PvM will be able to unlock it. Ana has done an awesome job in the concept, tying in elements from the bosses of Gielinor into one truly epic outfit. What do you think?

Reward Outfit

Also on the development side of things, Labl has now finished Death's office! No picture this time as we want the final form to be a surprise on release. You'll be able to travel to this area through a portal in Draynor, right next to the lodestone for easy access. Labls next challenge will be to model the remaining reward items, including the outfit above, expect to see development on this in the coming weeks. Stu is polishing off his animation work on the updated Kalphite Queen model, and he’ll also be moving on to something new, animating Death in his new office.

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Asherz, Ryan, Oliver, Stu O and Labl

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I feel like they missed a few obvious backtracks:

White lily seeds/plots = mole kill

Dragon Rider journals - kbd

Legiones - the signets

Plv6Dz6.jpg

i'm not sure that the game registers a variable attached to your character if you no longer have those items.  the gwd journals, for example, won't drop if you've picked them up once.