Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I've always wondered if, while training through combat (killing shit), we're absorbing the target's life essence to grow in power. I suppose we could just be becoming more proficient with that fighting style, but it could also be both!

And, further to Urza above, that defeating another being in Gielinor would allow the victor to absorb their power.

2dgucz6.png

So... when Zamorak nearly killed Zaros and Sliske killed Guthix, they just gained a bunch of levels and thus became gods?

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I'd like to see them work in the explanation for what Death wants from the QBD, but it'll probably be some BS about how every time you take her down, some of her captured souls are released to him

Ok first off that is a VERY good lore connection. I would like to know their explanation for the others.

They literally just said in that update - you are reaping the souls for him - he wants strong monster souls you go get em.

QBD is the only problematic one because you never kill her, you only restore her magically induced slumber.

That is just a lore-concept. They could easily change it to fix each of the bosses by saying that the bosses have gained strength according to how many they've slain.

QBD - Reap the lost souls by defeating her so Death can pull some away.

Zil/Kril/Graar/Kree/Nex - The many they've slain have made them stronger. Help knock them down to size so death can part with a chunk of their souls.

Etc...

Most of RuneScape operates under the "What doesn't kill me, will make me stronger" philosophy, I think. (Meanwhile, updates seem to regularly give certain players heart attacks, which keeps things balanced.)

Where's Sliske's skillcape then, since he killed such an important god he should be 99 by now

He is using the customization feature to hide it obviously

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I just have to say, I can't wait for more keepsake slots.

Why they limited it to just one for each slot is silly..

Now, let us buy more interface presets !!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Dukes Team Dev Blog, 7th July

Current Projects – Strange creatures and Spooky stuff!

Barbarian Assault

As Mod Kelpie explained in the last Dukes team blog post, we're currently working on the winner of RuneFest 3's “Dragon's Den” competition; an update to Barbarian Assault with a new Hard Mode, ending with a Penance King boss wave.

We brought the player who proposed the idea, Primal Moose, into the office to participate in our design brainstorm. This along with suggestions from the forums, hard work from our entire team and lots of playthrough feedback led us to where we are today; completed environment, reworked NPC models and a functional Penance King boss wave! We're now focused on implementing feedback, QAing the project on a larger scale and fixing bugs.

CMiNhYq.jpg

You voted for a "Weapon of Power" in a previous poll, to be constructed and used by the entire team against the Penance King. Here we have it; Dual-Flamethrowers, hastily constructed from old scrap and fuelled by the King's own bile - his only known weakness (and the reason you can't just roast him with fire magic!)

It's not that easy though. There are a couple of other mechanics required for victory but I'll leave those as a secret for now. blk.gif

2B93xtH.jpg

Additionally we’ve made tweaks and fixes to the minigame as a whole to make the experience more enjoyable, including the following;

-Blue Eggs now debuff Penance creatures with varying effects based on their type.

-Green Eggs are now shot at teammates for positive buffs based on their role.

-Items looted from the machines are now stackable and given out in larger amounts so you’ll be always to finish a wave without running out of supplies!

-Attackers need only switch between three stances, like with other roles, instead of four.

-Each of the roles now have their calls as Abilities in the Constitution book, allowing you to make them via the action bar or as single-clicks on the ability book.

-Destroying wave tickets now reimburses the player with points in a role of their choice.

Hallowe'en

We have been tasked with this year’s spooky seasonal update and, in what promises to be a creepy and unsettling quest, the player will explore a huge mansion, built by a wealthy merchant at the start of the Fifth Age, to uncover the horror hidden within! Much like 2008’s Hallowe’en quest, Swept Away, this quest will remain permanently in the game but will be considerably longer and more challenging. More details to come in future…

hfQcXJ1.jpg

Until Next Time…

We'll be continuing development and QA work on Barbarian Assault, while design and graphical work continues on Hallowe'en.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above projects and what else you'd like to see in future blogs!

-Thanks

Mod Chaose and The Dukes

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

BA sounds promising, nows here hoping the calls are just 1 thing that always calls correctly to do away with the issue of [wagon]es who know they have to call but not how to call different things.

It'd also be nice to see collector points tied in to the cannon usage more that previously especially with new egg effects just because collector always felt a bit primitive as a role since it was 'run around and pick up the right coloured drop - you don't have to do anything with them, just pick them up'

Halloween my only meh point so far would be 'early fifth age' I'd of rather seen a mid-late 4th age thing just because lore wise it'd be a bit more interesting that this guy built this thing in a time before civilisation and human dominance had reformed and we are rather lacking in 4th age lore. Recent content has done nicely in plugging in some more 2nd age stuff (e.g. Zaros empire and seren coming up) and even first age has got some love (guthix shizzle) but 4th age is still rather a lore vacuum. Though this is of course a very minor niggle that won't really effect the quality of the content.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Early Twitch Integration preview stream said Legacy is next week

Thats surprising because the BTS seemed like legacy was on the back end of the month with more feedback being overlooked.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Firstly, have an Araxxor screenie.

yFVyq4I.png

And a new Elf City BTS:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I kinda find these elf videos boring - they tell us almost nothing that wasn't in the design docs and visually nothing has progressed from the grey-block place holder stages we've seen before. Just doesn't do anything to make me get more excited for launch.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The slayer dnd wasn't in the documents I think

It was - it's like the main thing they detailed about the new slayer master. The only new thing about it really in this video was that it might not in the initial launch now due to dev constraints

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The slayer dnd wasn't in the documents I think

It was - it's like the main thing they detailed about the new slayer master. The only new thing about it really in this video was that it might not in the initial launch now due to dev constraints

Well there are two slayer things, the kill lots of boss monsters and gather nerf crystals, and the kill as many enemies as possible in a time limit once a week dnd. The video said the boss monster one might not be in launch, but that the kill as many enemies as possible certainly will.

Flyingjj.png