Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

F*******

The deeemon code prevents me

From declining a rock-off challenge

I won't accept anything else as the emote except for this
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

ohP8JD5.png

drrqgSa.png

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Boss slayer dev blog update:

- Update 27/06/2014

The Ninja team are now full speed ahead with Boss Slayer!!!

For those paying attention, the two polls we had up last week are now closed. Results have determined that Death will be the representing NPC and the title unlock for killing all the bosses incorporated in Boss Slayer will be "_ the Reaper"; which is nice as the two go quite well together.

Ana put some quick concepts for a new lootbeam (see above) on the forums, twitter, and reddit. We've kept an eye on what people have said, and it would appear a majority thought that the rainbow was the best. As such, this will be an unlockable reward through Boss Slayer.

Labl has started work on Death's office, the place you'll be going to receive your daily Boss Slayer task. Below is an early work in progress model of the area:

Death's Office

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswikiimages/resized/en/2014/6/Death's_Office-27144016-800px.PNG

(everything is still greybox so it is subject to change)

Asherz has been working on a new interface which will display all the bosses available in Boss Slayer with total kills, fastest kill, available drops, as well as some other information. You'll also be able to see a variety of other monster kill counts on the interface as well.

That's all for this week... You stay classy Gielinor!

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Asherz, Ryan, Oliver, Stu O and Labl

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I knew skillcapes looked bad and outdated, but still quite surprised that the poll is at 83% in favour of changing them after over 30k votes. Never thought you could get such a high percentage of players to agree on anything.

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I knew skillcapes looked bad and outdated, but still quite surprised that the poll is at 83% in favour of changing them after over 30k votes. Never thought you could get such a high percentage of players to agree on anything.

Um - where were you when the Wilderness/Free Trade Poll was made? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Well, Skillcapes might be a bit more uncertain, but the Elf City is looking good!

Um - where were you when the Wilderness/Free Trade Poll was made? :unsure:

It's very easy to get a high approval rating when your only options are "yes" and "don't vote", and you're only told that after voting.

Sheesh - you make it sound like they "fixed" it or something ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

https://soundcloud.com/runescapesoundtrack/webbed-feat-araxxor-fight

More Araxxor stuff, this time we got the music. + A new teaser screeny from Chris L later today, hoping for some reward concepts...

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Extra Drops said

Its July 3rd and no behind the scenes still. When will you be releaseing it? I want to know whats coming out for this month!

The BTS will be out tomorrow blk.gif

The day of release for each BTS is now planned as the first Friday of each month.

Hi everyone.

There's a slight correction I need to make. Yesterday, I'd incorrectly assumed that it would be the first Friday of each month, whereas in reality, it may instead fall on the last Friday of a given month. This month has just been an unusual one for us with the Elf City and Legacy BTSes being released.

I apologise for the confusion I may have caused with my post on this thread yesterday, but I hope this has cleared everything up blk.gif

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Brs-gYkCYAAkUVf.png

"Fire Webs" attack.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Brs-gYkCYAAkUVf.png

"Fire Webs" attack.

*Beep* YES! This game needs more fire/lava/explosions (Can never get enough of those).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

- Update 04/07/2014

This week we've made a bit of a change to the face of the project. Now that Death has been voted in as the representing NPC, we decided to theme it a bit more around him and not so much existing Slayer.

Don’t worry, this won't change anything that we currently have planned, it just means instead of being assigned something, you're told to reap them instead. The implication being that you collect the souls of the monsters you kill for Death. This is something we're pretty excited about, it made sense to make the change, giving the content much more depth and context in game.

We mentioned before that we were going to be putting out a pre-release for this project which consisted of boss and monster kill tracking, as well as instanced boss kill timers. Asherz has been working away at getting this sorted as quick as he can so it can be put into game ASAP. This will give you a nice little head start at killing bosses, not only for practice but also towards some of the unlockable rewards going out with the main release a few weeks later.

Labl is still working away at the 3D environment for Death's office, and it's starting to look hawt! What do you think of this work in progress?

wip2-04130728-800px.png

(currently using Death's old model as a placeholder - also, Roddeck army not included)

Ana has been putting some concepts together for one of the rewards that we haven't mentioned yet. I think we'll keep this one up our sleeves for a little while longer as it's pretty darn juicy.

Stu O has managed to get his claws on a new Kalphite Queen model which he’s now bringing to life with some fresh animations. We’ll be adding this to our main release as a nice little booster. Again, let us know what you think.

kq1-04130618-800px.png

kq2-04130656-700px.png

Finally, we've seen a few people asking for an ETA for this update. We're currently looking to have the pre-release ready to go out towards the end of this month and the actual release should be around the middle of August. This can obviously change but they're our expected release times for those that wanted to know. Quite annoying having to wait but it should definitely be worth it.

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Asherz, Ryan, Oliver, Stu O and Lab

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'd like to see them work in the explanation for what Death wants from the QBD, but it'll probably be some BS about how every time you take her down, some of her captured souls are released to him

8f14270694.jpg

I'd like to see them work in the explanation for what Death wants from the QBD, but it'll probably be some BS about how every time you take her down, some of her captured souls are released to him

Ok first off that is a VERY good lore connection. I would like to know their explanation for the others.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ok first off that is a VERY good lore connection. I would like to know their explanation for the others.

They literally just said in that update - you are reaping the souls for him - he wants strong monster souls you go get em.

QBD is the only problematic one because you never kill her, you only restore her magically induced slumber.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They literally just said in that update - you are reaping the souls for him - he wants strong monster souls you go get em.

QBD is the only problematic one because you never kill her, you only restore her magically induced slumber.

That is just a lore-concept. They could easily change it to fix each of the bosses by saying that the bosses have gained strength according to how many they've slain.

QBD - Reap the lost souls by defeating her so Death can pull some away.

Zil/Kril/Graar/Kree/Nex - The many they've slain have made them stronger. Help knock them down to size so death can part with a chunk of their souls.

Etc...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png