14-Jul-2014 — Legacy Mode Launch, Global Combat Improvements and Gear Guide

Ammako

Tormented Demons need buffing a bit...

From what I can tell, it'll either be reducing the damage dealt above the cap. (So faster weapons are more balanced) or giving them a lot more HP to make kills longer.

They're easier for noobs to kill, but they aren't faster than before. Before update I achieved 120 kph, after 120 kph, so there's no difference in full manual.

ozXHe7P.png

30% of players using legacy

wonder how many of them are taking advantage of 2h madness

You mean getting 118k slay per hr using chaotic maul vs 150k per hr using DW drygores EoC on dark beasts? I hope alot of them are taking "advantage" of that xD

I wonder how many of them are trying a new update after it just came out. It doesn't make sense to make a mark of players using legacy now unless they will compare it to future rates

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Every F2per, each and every one of them. Also msb spec abusers.

I love these legacynoobs

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

legacy > revo atm

No, it's not even close, I've done quite a few tests, and outside of Mutated Jadinkos, legacy is slower in every way by a minimum of 7% or more compared to Revo + Thresholds / Berserk. Some differences were much larger too, just people are giving out false information without proper testing and everyone is falling for it.

I can kill four jadinkos at once with EoC ? 2H abilities...

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Actually, this is really bothering me now. I can't find any monsters with combat 130+ outside of bosses (which I don't fancy camping for 50 kills).

Try some things in Dominion tower? Idk.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

legacy > revo atm

No, it's not even close, I've done quite a few tests, and outside of Mutated Jadinkos, legacy is slower in every way by a minimum of 7% or more compared to Revo + Thresholds / Berserk. Some differences were much larger too, just people are giving out false information without proper testing and everyone is falling for it.

I can kill four jadinkos at once with EoC ? 2H abilities...

Ya I must admit, I didn't take advantage much of AoE attacks when I should on them, so EoC still prob faster there too.

Actually, this is really bothering me now. I can't find any monsters with combat 130+ outside of bosses (which I don't fancy camping for 50 kills).

Try some things in Dominion tower? Idk.

Muspahs are lv150 and are quite easy to kill (but require Fate of gods)

Legacy hexhunter seems significantly better than revolution saggy short at 99 range with all but the last tier of both ring settings unlocked on all monsters.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Legacy mode is not just good, it's great.

It has a mature interface, none of this nonsensical transparent facebook/twitter looking crap where it takes hours of customization to be legible.

It works with RS3's shoddy net code.

Yes, even though it randomly takes me 1 to 4 clicks to register an action, it isn't that big of deal, since autoattacking is back in.

Now instead of throwing in the towel with revolutions, Jagex can move both feet forward delete EOC and garbage code updates that turned the game into a dead click-a-thon.

Dharoking is back on the map.

I can 1 hit abyssal demons again.

They have a responsible and mature hp value 850. (although I would prefer 85, I can live with another 0, not 000000 cause it looks cool for the kids who can't even count that high anyway.

Also, I love that zeros have made a comeback.

Now we miss, the enermy misses, it's great.

Armour has value again. 

The game actually feels like runescape not WOW-lite.

Unfortunately, EOC is still around, but hey it's for those with ADD or have a twitch or something where they have to spam buttons all the time or they can't think straight.

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

People who tested legacy for even just one minute are included into this 30%, so I think there are really few people using it.

Which means that I would be counted, when my use of legacy was turning it on, balking at how the interface changed, then having to figure out how to change it back. Well then, good to know that the number looks good for PR but means nothing. 

I don't hate the idea of legacy - I like both the old and new combat system, I just don't feel like using it right now and really don't want to take a step backward when it comes to the interface/hotkeys. If they can give me hotkeys for spells/prayers/items alongside the old combat system, then I'll just switch between the two whenever I feel like using one or the other.

Of course, now there's the inevitable arguments and testing for what Slayer tasks are faster on one or the other - there has to be something there, and people will be changing based on the task. At the least, it should be amusing to watch.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Pictured above: the first time Golvellius has ever been positive on any thread of this forum.

If only he wasn't being a jackass about it.

I dunno. I tried it, noticed it was exactly like RS2's combat and switched back to EoC. I like EoC for a reason. I was bored to death with the old combat system.

• Like 6
Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Can't have 2 menus open at the same time

No customization whatsoever

No action bar ... (heck even without abilities it's more useful than anything Legacy can bring up to the table ...)

I doubt anyone with clear head will use it ...

Pictured above: the first time Golvellius has ever been positive on any thread of this forum.

Positive and mature content are two different concepts

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Its a very inaccurate count on so many levels

But since when has Jagex ever really cared about accurate logical statistics? I mean why go with common sense and fact when you can frame numbers with vague, not false but definitely misleading statements that make for a big pr win!

'200 million players' even though millions upon millions are bots

'overwhelming vote for wilderness and free trade return' even though there was 0 control on double voting and people literally botted thousands of votes.

'the vast majority enjoy SoF as they use it everyday' because using it to get rid of a flashing button tht won't stfu is the same as enjoying it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Can trade cw tickets, untradeables etc double graving

Can anyone else confirm this? I could find no other sources that corroborate this information.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)