14-Jul-2014 — Legacy Mode Launch, Global Combat Improvements and Gear Guide

Ammako

Can trade cw tickets, untradeables etc double graving

Can anyone else confirm this? I could find no other sources that corroborate this information.

Hotfixed.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Can anyone else confirm this? I could find no other sources that corroborate this information.

Hotfixed.

was hotfixed within like 45 mins of that post when i tried it :x

un → en

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Actually, this is really bothering me now. I can't find any monsters with combat 130+ outside of bosses (which I don't fancy camping for 50 kills).

Try some things in Dominion tower? Idk.

Muspahs are lv150 and are quite easy to kill (but require Fate of gods)

That worked nicely, thanks!

Hotfixed.

I just find it strange that there was no mention of it elsewhere. Such a glitch (no matter how short-lived) would normally be widely discussed due to the impact it'd have on the game. Perhaps it only affected certain players under very specific conditions.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

30% of players using legacy

wonder how many of them are taking advantage of 2h madness

It took me a couple of days how to work out getting back to EoC after switching to Legacy on the popup lol. I wonder how many other people went to legacy but don't know how to change back...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Apparently there's been a 15% damage nerf on legacy.

can you post proof?

Take that!

However the 15% is blindly stated on rsof forums, but a nerf is confirmed.

319725d88c.png

Quick find code: 15-16-66-65427485

They want Legacy to be a play style choice, using Legacy because you want to not because you have to.

But then if they make EoC obviously better than Legacy, then people will feel they have to use EoC, and they've also said they wanted people to use EoC because they wanted to, not because they had to.

2 handed weapons were never better than DW. People just thought they were. There are videos of the testing. Here are some stats posted by ModPi on twitter:

Results are in....C Maul - 46k DPM/ Dual Drygores 51k DPM. Bonus stat - Dual C Rapiers - 46k DPM

https://twitter.com/JagexPi/status/489448523491196928

Also a video which has some info:

**All the above is before any changes today.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Easier to nerf legacy than fix EOC's glaring problems.

LOL jagex.

Double double clicking for every action is so for the win.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Easier to nerf legacy than fix EOC's glaring problems.

LOL jagex.

Double double clicking for every action is so for the win.

Making use of hyperboles as a way of trying to bash something you don't like is so for the win.

(And I don't really see how DPS has anything to do with "double clicking for every action" :/)

2 handed weapons were never better than DW. People just thought they were. There are videos of the testing. Here are some stats posted by ModPi on twitter:

Results are in....C Maul - 46k DPM/ Dual Drygores 51k DPM. Bonus stat - Dual C Rapiers - 46k DPM

Maybe I am missing something here but how can drygores etc be compared to chaotics etc? Higher tiers should always out dps lower tiers...

edit- nvm. I forgot that most people are sheep.

• Like 1
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

okay, so now we can't even tell if it's acceptable to rip on anybody for even mentioning 2h legacy because they keep tweaking the numbers without saying anything until way later, even possibly during weapon testing videos

8f14270694.jpg

okay, so now we can't even tell if it's acceptable to rip on anybody for even mentioning 2h legacy because they keep tweaking the numbers without saying anything until way later, even possibly during weapon testing videos

This. Since Jagex completely rushed Legacy and released it way before anyone thought it was ready, thus rendering the live game into the beta, they have had to do constant 'hotfixes' and no doubt hidden updates. Everything is constantly being changed. There's no way to verify anything, but it did seem like that 2h t70/80 weapons were either better than or at least dangerously close to t90 DW weapons for a while.

Apparently there's been a 15% damage nerf on legacy.

can you post proof?

Take that!

However the 15% is blindly stated on rsof forums, but a nerf is confirmed.

319725d88c.png

Quick find code: 15-16-66-65427485

They don't want there to be a 'default' style that people feel they have to use because it's the best, so they did what? Nerf Legacy, thus making EoC try-hard the default mode?   :rolleyes:

That was the only one good thing about Legacy, for me anyways, not having to ability spam all day long for every single slayer task. Depending on how bad they have nerfed Legacy, they might have just ruined that.

Maybe I am missing something here but how can drygores etc be compared to chaotics etc? Higher tiers should always out dps lower tiers...

edit- nvm. I forgot that most people are sheep.

I do agree that the tiers should be directly compared, and for melee they were. He did compare Chaotic Maul to Rapiers. Also the twitter post I quoted again has both sets of chaotic. The main reason I think level 90 dual is being set against level 80 2h is because at present it is the highest of both sides and people were claiming level 80 2h was out DPSing level 90 dual.

I think it would be good to do some other comparisons thought as well.

Perhaps:

- Zaryte/RCB vs Chaotic Crossbows

- Chaotic Staff vs Virtus Wand and Book

I would do these comparisons myself of I had the weapons. But sadly I don't have the tokens or coin for them.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

My guess is that most people don't know what dps really is and don't really use eoc correctly, a lot on rsof have analysed and found out that legacy was inferior to EOC even before the nerf. I think we will see more changes the upcomming weeks.

You never had to ability spam and still don't. That's like saying legacy is attack spam

For most of EoC you definitely had to ability spam, until revolution came along. The whole point of EoC was spamming abilities. 

• Like 1

I do agree that for most non-boss monsters, EoC is ability spamming. There's a rotation you follow to maximize DPS/adrenaline gain, yes, but that's the same for all monsters you fight as one class. Bosses are a different story, and so are players--but most PVM is via normal training and slayer amongst most RuneScapers, which means there's just one strategy.

However, you can't ability spam at the more complex bosses (I can speak from experience for Tormented Demons, and I'm sure Vorago/Rise of the Six/spider boss are similar). You'll greatly increase your damage intake and do minimal damage in return. I wish there were more options on what was worthwhile to fight.

I can't stand doing normal combat because it is, indeed, revolution or a constant rotation of abilities, including mostly basics. There should be smarter monsters to fight, ones that use abilities, but make them worthwhile XP wise (not necessarily drop wise) to compensate for the (probably) slower kills. The fastest combat XP in game should not be momentum/legacy chinning/barraging on abyssal creatures. It should require attention and be rewarding, through strategy (aka fun, but that's not quantifiable so whatever), XP, or other perks.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

You never had to ability spam and still don't. That's like saying legacy is attack spam

For most of EoC you definitely had to ability spam, until revolution came along. The whole point of EoC was spamming abilities.

I don't count full manual as spamming, it's utilizing the options to optimize your damage output. Spamming implies using abilities without any thought process on how different abilities work together.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?