[9-2-15] Ninja Update – Responsive Combat

Leik

Pets are supposed to be extremely rare stop complaining

I like this update, I always thought it was weird that greater demons were cool with me chilling in the forinthry dungeon

Tell that to the dozens of people who have various pets after only a few dozen kills.

Err, what? I don't understand your point. Obviously just because a few people get lucky doesn't mean something isn't extremely rare. And I think you know that so I need more explanation to what your point is.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

I'd like someone to make a Vorago simulator and see how many kills it takes for each person to get a Vitalis. Multiply each attempt by 15 minutes and tell me how many YEARS it took you to get one.

Say you have a 5 man team and get 5 kills per hour, with one of them being your kill. On average you'd need to spend 5000 hours. You tell me how many years that would take you ;)

I'm just curious...would you spend 5000 hours on Runescape...for a title? That's over half a year of continuous play. I guess my definition of realistic is different than yours X D.

I like this update, I always thought it was weird that greater demons were cool with me chilling in the forinthry dungeon

Tell that to the dozens of people who have various pets after only a few dozen kills.

Err, what? I don't understand your point. Obviously just because a few people get lucky doesn't mean something isn't extremely rare. And I think you know that so I need more explanation to what your point is.

It's more than just a few people. In any event, it's stupid - boss pets are prestige items that should be reserved for skilled and dedicated boss hunters, not lucky scrubs. I'd be in favour of minimum thresholds.

It's more than just a few people. In any event, it's stupid - boss pets are prestige items that should be reserved for skilled and dedicated boss hunters, not lucky scrubs. I'd be in favour of minimum thresholds.

Exactly this. A simple RNG roll of 0 out of X to get a boss drop is by no means prestige, there must be some sense of dedication required for any pet seeker. Getting a pet should be dedication or skill and not based solely on the RNG.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

I don't really think you should view them like that. As stated earlier, I view them as random things added into the game. They're supposed to (or I think they should be supposed to) be given to extremely lucky people - including but not inclusive to epic boss fighters. The only reason why they are items of bossing prestige is because the community gives them that value, which in my opinion is not the proper designation. If you see someone with a QBD pet for instance, you should think to yourself "Wow, that guy got pretty lucky while fighting the QBD once" not "Wow, that person is one hell of a QBD killer!"

Yes, it is very difficult to attain multiple pets without getting lucky, but the pet's aren't really supposed to be set out and attained. They're just there for unsuspecting killers. If you decide to go out and attain multiple pets, that's fine, but you also need to realize that the pets aren't meant to be perceived that way and you might end up getting unlucky in your pursuit. I will add one thing: Jagex has been slightly going against what I believe to be the purpose of the pets by adding some sort of threshold and also the insane Final Boss title. I suppose this is their way of acknowledging people like you who really want to get a pet. But the reason for the pets being in here in the first place hasn't changed.

I will admit that I'm not in the hardcore pvm community like you are. In fact, I would fit under your "scrub" category (thanks for the compliment!). So you may write off this reply if you find me out of touch. However I think your viewpoint is simply a bit misguided when we're talking about the game as a whole.

• Like 1

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

I haven't had the time or will to do any combat yet :)

So, is it (especially Revolution) better or worse now? <- besides max kph method at TDS <- @Veiva, this gives you an opportunity to come up with a different way to kill them, maybe with the same speed as before or even faster. Good luck!

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I mean, there are definite improvements in some aspects. Example: Rapid fire -> Snapshot -> Ranged Tentacles, if done back to back, can pile on the damage now that there's not a huge delay.

From an outsiders view of the update, it seems they focused too much on patching up those abilities and, even if unintentionally, lost track of the bigger picture.

I had a big issue with my revolution not firing off my mage basics. C'mon Jagex, I don't want to have to actually use the runes that I brought!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You could do that with the pre-update abilities, the delay would allow you to stack bombardment -> tendrils -> snapshot which was fantastic. It seems like they just "fixed" the delay times on everything just for the hell of it, and even then it doesn't seem to be consistent (I've had wild magic cast with the hitsplats 1 tick apart, and 2 ticks apart. Why????)

Back to relearning how to combat!!!!!@

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah I know I'm trying to find the positives in the update rip

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

An update of this scope and magnitude should have never been given to a low-budget quick-fix team.

... And this sums it up pretty nicely. I love the Ninja team, but this was some work for an army. Not a handful of ninjas.

• Like 1

Again, if you hate the basics of the game so much, why play it? It will not change no matter how much you rant.

*snip*

(picking this out because I disagree with it so strongly, but there's a lot you've said I disagree with)

Bullshit. The game is not some unchanging static thing which is not responsive to feedback. The game is changing literally every week, and a significant amount of those changes are community driven. The community forms a consensus (of some kind) based on discussion. Just because someone may be in the minority now doesn't mean they aren't allowed to talk about their views and try to convince others of their merit, nor does it mean they will forever be in the minority. (And I'm not even sure Yoko's in the minority on this anyway.)

Telling someone to shut up because you disagree with what they have to say, that them talking about it is pointless, and maybe they should just leave because they're clearly in the minority, is massively unacceptable, in my view. (And that's what you're doing, mate; you started with a relatively reasonable discussion, but you gave that up a while ago.) That kind of attitude has caused an enormous number of problems in our world, and it's no better in the small environment of Runescape than it is in a larger one. Please, clean up your act and adjust your tactics.

On the actual subject which y'all have been discussing, I definitely agree that some of the current pet drops are way too random to reward/encourage with a title like they've done. It is just a title, which means it doesn't have as much impact as it could, but it still encourages a certain mindset and rewards certain behavior; it's not like it has zero impact. Arguing that if you don't like a title you should just not try to get it because it's optional is silly - for one, all game content is optional; for another, cosmetic content has had a huge impact on the game. We became more efficiency oriented largely due to the release of skill capes, which are almost entirely cosmetic. That encouraged a certain line of thinking, both among existing players and among potential and new players, which became quite a self-sustaining cycle. I'm not saying that the efficiency mindset is a bad one (in extremes, sure, but most extremes are); I'm just using that as an example of how a cosmetic change can have drastic impacts on the game, and why they can be worth getting upset about.

I think requiring a 1/5k drop with no threshold (along with other relatively rare drops with and without thresholds) encourages an unhealthy style of play, and so even though I have absolutely zero interest in that sort of title regardless (bossing is really not my thing), I very much dislike that update.

I love the make-x changes; I noticed those when I was doing an urn challenge yesterday. Only had to switch from pot lids to urns once, and then it stayed on that thereafter. (I was using banked soft clay, not mining my own at all, which might have an impact.)

I like the sound of the Kiln changes! Standing around waiting was always annoying, though it *can* be useful if you run out of food and need to Regenerate to heal. Having the option was definitely the right move, instead of just making a change across the board.

I didn't notice any problems with combat or Revolution when I was slaying last (slight improvement, actually), but that was just derping around and killing basilisks for my mask; if they messed things up for more intense combat, or for other combat styles, they need to get on fixing that ASAP. Also, agreed that such widespread and complex changes should not be done by the Ninja team, though I can kind of understand how they might not have thought these were big complex changes beforehand. (It's not like anyone at Jagex has displayed good game dev sense in years anyway.)

• Like 3

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I think this 'fix' has gotten a bad rap mostly because of hearsay and people being stuck up to what they were already used to. Really, they just fixed a few of the loopholes EoC had and people who used to abuse those loopholes are mad about it. Nothing new. Most of all, however, this update makes it totally OK to be able to use revolution in any combat situation, since you can now get in and out of combat effectively.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think this 'fix' has gotten a bad rap mostly because of hearsay and people being stuck up to what they were already used to. Really, they just fixed a few of the loopholes EoC had and people who used to abuse those loopholes are mad about it. Nothing new. Most of all, however, this update makes it totally OK to be able to use revolution in any combat situation, since you can now get in and out of combat effectively.

It feels really really weird tho. I missed many of my basics and pretty much was using auto attacks twice between every basic I could fire and thresholds were then too responsive >.>

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The whole ability queuing scheme was more of a loophole in my opinion. A loophole of which I took full advantage no less...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Not necessarily (getting in and out combat). Granted it is better than before but it's still far from not.... Completely terrible.

Guess it wasn't hard enough. Bring on the rainbow Final Boss!

Where you must get each possible rare drop with each loot beam type possible.

New Update: Reign Rain Rainbows Week

The Jagex Ninja team introduces it's first Solomon event: Reign Rain Rainbows Week! Introducing over 15 different colors and 12 different types of loot Rainbows! Available for a certain amount of bonds scaling to your total level, with 140 bonds need for one color at 2500+ total. Now if you've always wanted that Elysian Sigil to shine in Elysian blue with a No Ozone Rainbow effect, this is your lucky day!!!!

In other news: unfortunately, a recently terminated employee erased our thresholds server data so everyone's kill count has been reset to 0. A fresh start for all!! Race to get to the first 100 kills of any monster, and we'll broadcast your name saying you did just that!

P.S. During the erasing all our upcoming updates from march to november have been swiped too. These projects are now on the backburner and will only be restarted in development after you vote on them in RuneLabs. We have to do this because we've poured all of our development budget on a new type of game coming out in 2022. The only confirmed updates for the coming months are Solomon reskins from older armours.

Guess it wasn't hard enough. Bring on the rainbow Final Boss!

He had Vitalis pre-boss counter update, and apparently he has like 7k+ Vorago kills from what I hear.... So Kaur, you're still dumb.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

If the vitalis pet and Araxyte pet got very common after you had all other boss pets (sans araxxor, araxxi, bombi), I would like that.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum