Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Update

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

Well, Armadyl is just some flappy bird thingy, Saradomin invented terrorism and dictatorship and Vorago is just a big pile of animated rocks, no wonder people prefer Zamorak.

Zammy is in 2nd...the big pile of animated rocks is in first. Well...of the factions at least. The pig is holding its own pretty well.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE

Cool tuska is sin and im tidus

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Cool tuska is sin and im tidus

Best reference EVER!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

I don't know why people keep saying Zarosians hate Zamorak and his minions, Zaros himself said he holds no grudges against Zamorak. It learned him a valuable lesson. :)

I as a Zarosian ingame really wanted to choose Zamorak, until I learned Vorago and his minions are there to represent the Anima Mundi. That seemed like the greater good and pretty selfless.

About the event itself: it really shows this development team has no knowledge of how to write lore, so I really want them to stay clear in the future from anything quest and lore related. The Q&A on Reddit and RSOF made this even more clear, lots of nonsense answers and stuff that contradicts preestablished lore.

I am also very dissappointed by the fact this is all the event has to offer: the daily stabbing and some subpar WC/agility if you have time to spare. No progression like the other events, not even a cutscene when we logged in on 1st of June. The event seemed so promising during all the streams, they were hyping it big time, yet all we got was this... a massive letdown.

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts

They actually did a pretty good job of balancing Tuska's health.  Next week we'll go back to winning easily (because of multiple stabs) if they don't do another balance though.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

We lost by inches yesterday...I'm curious to see if we'll make it today. Hopefully...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

They actually did a pretty good job of balancing Tuska's health.  Next week we'll go back to winning easily (because of multiple stabs) if they don't do another balance though.

till everyone gets all rewards before event ends and she owns us again

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts

till everyone gets all rewards before event ends and she owns us again

Oh yeah, true.  I forget that some (probably most people actually, especially P2P) play for the rewards and not the lamps.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

I don't know why people keep saying Zarosians hate Zamorak and his minions, Zaros himself said he holds no grudges against Zamorak. It learned him a valuable lesson. :)

I as a Zarosian ingame really wanted to choose Zamorak, until I learned Vorago and his minions are there to represent the Anima Mundi. That seemed like the greater good and pretty selfless.

About the event itself: it really shows this development team has no knowledge of how to write lore, so I really want them to stay clear in the future from anything quest and lore related. The Q&A on Reddit and RSOF made this even more clear, lots of nonsense answers and stuff that contradicts preestablished lore.

I am also very dissappointed by the fact this is all the event has to offer: the daily stabbing and some subpar WC/agility if you have time to spare. No progression like the other events, not even a cutscene when we logged in on 1st of June. The event seemed so promising during all the streams, they were hyping it big time, yet all we got was this... a massive letdown.

Firstly Zamorak cannot be trusted, secondly Zamorak is clearly a baddy, while Zaros is not (though some of his followers and many minions are).

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

I am pretty sure Zaros can't be judged by the good/bad moral standard thingy we mortals use.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Can someone post screenshots or something like that for the things the Zarosian Emissary says? As I cannot see him because I did not do Fate of the Gods yet. Thanks :)

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Essiw: Zamorak being the baddy is no longer true since the writing of the sixth age. While he did some questionable things, a lot of that is because that stuff was still written when Jagex saw him as the epitome of evil or because our information comes from Saradominist sources.
The Zamorak we saw in DaT showed us a totally different person than we were told to believe he was.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Essiw: Zamorak being the baddy is no longer true since the writing of the sixth age. While he did some questionable things, a lot of that is because that stuff was still written when Jagex saw him as the epitome of evil or because our information comes from Saradominist sources.
The Zamorak we saw in DaT showed us a totally different person than we were told to believe he was.

Thanks, I am not really up to date with everything :P Also what does DaT stand for?

Retired item crew

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

I would assume Dishonor among Thieves.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

Unfortunately, Zamorak still seems to have only the worst followers. Zarosian mahjarrat tend to help or work with us while Zammy's Mahjarrat tend to be some of the more villainous ones. So even if I wanted to follow Zamorak, I wouldn't want to empower his other followers by doing so

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Yes, that is one of the problems that stay: they can't retcon people like Hazeel, Khazard, Zemouregal and so on without destroying vast amounts of ingame content and lore sadly. It would have helped tremendously is people like Movario, Scorpio (that astromancy ghost), Moia and the Kinshra played a larger role in his forces.
They would shift the notion of evil away from Zamorak.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

don't forget the dagonhai that aren't [wagon]...still waiting in their caves while zamorak is already here

8f14270694.jpg

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw

I'm sad that there isn't any extra dialogue for Zamorak, Zaros, or Azzanadra.

It's like, aside from the Town Criers at every loadstone, and the minimap for loadstone teles, there isnt a world event

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Unfortunately, Zamorak still seems to have only the worst followers. Zarosian mahjarrat tend to help or work with us while Zammy's Mahjarrat tend to be some of the more villainous ones. So even if I wanted to follow Zamorak, I wouldn't want to empower his other followers by doing so

Zilyana is one of the biggest [bleep]s as far as NPCs go, and she's a Saradominist. Same with the Missionary in Ports.

A lot of stuff they do lately has been overhyped stuff. Anyone remember the Grouping System? It was supposed to solve all our grouping problems, but is so half-assed and lacking in basic features that it's completely nonfunctional and pretty much no one uses it. Yet they still pretend on streams and what not it's a great solution to grouping problems.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

So, new points seem to be (assuming 100% stabs) 1000 for the first, 250 for second and third, and 50 for each thereafter (you get astro credits for all the stabs equal to 1/10th of the points, except maybe the 50pt runs, not sure). Stabbing resets your 80min skill cap, but there's now a hard daily cap of 80 frags (which does not reset by stabbing) (you get the usual 1 astro credit per frag, and you can't get astro credits from skilling after you cap frags).

Not including 50 point stabs, new daily cap is 1900 (1000+250+250 stabs + 80*5); old cap was roughly 1600 but varied widely depending on how lucky you were with frags. Old cap took 100min to reach (20 event, 80 skilling for frags); new caps takes 80-140min to cap (20x3 event, 20-80min frags, depending on your luck).

Folks who stabbed before the update occurred but after today's reset seem to be getting more 250pt stabs than they should.

Edit: It's also looking like it will indeed take the full original 80min of skilling to hit 80 frags, whereas before you could get 80 in a little over half that time. So capping takes a fair bit longer now.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users