Dragon Slayer Woes...

rhinox0315

Ok so before you start to flame me and call me a 'noob', just read the who thing and try to remember what it was like to be a new player. And just because I'm new, doesn't mean I'm completely ignorant.

Ok, so I just finished up the dragon slayer quest. Like i said, I'm a new player (less than 2 months) combat level 49 and I finally felt i was ready to complete dragon slayer quest. I was getting everything ready, bought full addy with scimmy, and just about used up any cash I had getting ready. I set of with some strength potions, my fireproof shield, silverlight (for the lessers), full armor and scimmy, and ammy of power (which i had bought previously), and some food. First mistake - only took salmon. Didn't wanna take the time to buy or get better food. I get to Elvog, use up all my food, and die when elvog only has about 5 hp left. Completely forgot i had prayer, so I didn't use item protect, and landed in lumby with addy plate body, legs, and kite shield, and no cash!

Spent the next 2 days fishing for 2 reasons - sell some lobbys for cash and get myself some swordies for food. After 2 days, I finally took the time to get enough swordies for 100k gcs, and had a combination of swordies and lobbies for food. Had to get planks and nails for the boat again. Bought myself a new addy full helm, and decided that i could get away with using a black long I had come across from a treasure trail. This time i set off with a full pack of food, and wearing addy helm, plate body and legs, wielding black long and fireproof shield. (no ammy of power :( ) I left my addy kite in bank this time.

when i got to elvog's lair, it was a long, hard fight. I was using up food (and prayer this time) and finally ran out of food. Only this time, I managed to slay the dragon with only having 1 HP left. I was thrilled, but my celebration was short lived, for as soon as I was tele'd out of the room, one of the skeletons outside hit me for 1! Next thing i know I'm back in lumby again, only this time i had item protect on, so the only thing i lost was my fireproof shield which i could immediately get back from the duke in lumby.

So, at least i completed the quest, and didn't lose anything the second time (i miss my ammy of power tho). unfortunately, to return I'll have to fix the boat again in order to find the quick way back and forth to crandor (unless someone knows of another way).

Now, to find some rune equipment... Off to the market!

*edit: someday when I'm no longer a *noob* I'll look back on this and laaugh

So, at least i completed the quest, and didn't lose anything the second time (i miss my ammy of power tho). unfortunately, to return I'll have to fix the boat again in order to find the quick way back and forth to crandor (unless someone knows of another way).

If you go to Karamja and go inside the volcano were the lessers are there is a place where you can push the wall and get on the other side were Elvarg is and then you climb a rope and you are on Crandor. Though there is not much point in going there unless you want to be killed by some Lesser Demons and Moss Giants.

EDIT: Look at the Tip.it map found here http://tip.it/runescape/?page=karamja_volcano.htm it explains it better.

Anyway good story. Good luck with the rest of your rs'ing! :)

If you go to Karamja and go inside the volcano were the lessers are there is a place where you can push the wall and get on the other side were Elvarg is and then you climb a rope and you are on Crandor. Though there is not much point in going there unless you want to be killed by some Lesser Demons and Moss Giants.

EDIT: Look at the Tip.it map found here http://tip.it/runescape/?page=karamja_volcano.htm it explains it better.

you have to push the wall from the inside to know where it is to be able to push from karamja side. so pretty much you have to fix the boat go through and use the hidden door

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

you have to push the wall from the inside to know where it is to be able to push from karamja side. so pretty much you have to fix the boat go through and use the hidden door

Sorry but you are wrong. I forgot about the trick when I did the quest. Teled right after I got sent to the other side of the cage cause the skeletons were attacking me and I freaked. I went back and pushed it from the Kajarma side without doing it from the Crandor side first and I went through just fine.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I got PWNed by the dragon when I fought it. You couldn't use prayer against the dragon in RSC since your prayer got drained when you where in the den with the dragon. And if you casted magic or ranged the dragon, he'd attack back with X2 power, something that I didn't know at that time.

i thought u have to completer the quest first?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I did it at lvl 49 too :D . Only difference... I took pikes :P . I already had a set of full rune and scimmy (couldn't carry the plateof course).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I remember how happy i was when i completed it. I put in quite alot of hours training myself up to it and i killed Elvarg at lvl 39 i believe. Although i did fill my inventory with lobsters :D it was a good time. Shortly afterwards i became a member.

Haha! When i first completed dragon slayer, i almost got killed by the Lesser Demons hanging around outside, i'm convinced the only reason they frequent that cave is to pick on the weakend lil heros and kick 'em when there down. Nasty, Scheming, Biggoted, Egotistical, Bullying, Demonic FREAKS!

Sorry, I got carried away.

Oh, and i think i have a couple of spare Power ammies gathering dust in the back of my bank if your still in need. Just add my pure: l1ttl3 b34r and PM me.

-Gid.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

i thought u have to completer the quest first?

Nope. I did the same thing when i was in the middle of the quest. It allowed me to use the shortcut from fishing swordies to fight the dragon. Saves a lot of time when you push the wall first on your trip to the dragon.

2008_121.png

Randompm1.png

Qeustion..

How come you have a Addy Kite shield and a Antifirebreath-shield?

Seeing you also protected Addy over rune, and also seeing that your P2p and used a Addy long as weapon over rune?

Sounds kinda fake.

Nice story. Reminded me of times when i have to repeat a quest over and over again. Just last month, I spent a whole day, and 4 trips to finally beat haunted mine. Compare to that, the walk to dragon slayer is nothing.

Hint on haunted mine: melee, bring lots of good food, spare no expenses

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

nice story, i remember my fight with him, i killed him 1st time and had food to spare! and there was people cheering me on as well! that was a good day :D

voidknight.jpg

~hawt Knight of the Void~

image,prof-spc-fleb,white,black.png

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

be thankful, in rsc it was the hardest monster to kill. now killing a jail guard is more of a challenge

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

be thankful, in rsc it was the hardest monster to kill. now killing a jail guard is more of a challenge

I did it easily at 50-something combat in full rune (with chain), str pot and swords in rsc. :P

I took a disposable Mithril Kite (left my Rune one at the bank) to deal with the other monsters, and then entered the dragon cage without switching to my dragonfire - fortunately, it went for the other player that went in at the same time, giving time to correct it before getting hit.

I remember how happy i was when i completed it. I put in quite alot of hours training myself up to it and i killed Elvarg at lvl 39 i believe. Although i did fill my inventory with lobsters :D it was a good time. Shortly afterwards i became a member.

what u said about u killing Elvarg at lvl 39 is pure bull****!

impossible(i mean improbable)

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

what u said about u killing Elvarg at lvl 39 is pure bull****!

impossible(i mean improbable)

There was a lvl 7 that did it in classic.... As long as you have food and a decent weapos you can get it at 39.