April 18, 2006--Pest Control

n64jive

Meh, I'm not a member anymore because of credit card issues. The update looks pretty fun. Shame on the rewards though.

Although we should expect additions and updates like CW did.

Hopefully they will release additions, I don't like any of this months updates. I was expecting a new "currency" like castle wars tickets and Tokkul.

So, untill I get my membership back...Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for my new Xbox360 on my new widescreen tv ftw.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancients is so much fun :D

Crazy expensive tho, and i must have died 100 times :P

With 200 ice barrages i spent 250k and got about 150k xp. not sure how long it took, but it wasn't that long.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Ooooo, Paul is finally getting sick and tired? Theres news. :roll:

I would've been up to my ears by now...

Only minor change I would have made is add Slayer to the EXP rewards as well. It only seems proper at least (all the other combat skills are options).

I think maybe they should've revised the "awards" system a bit better before releasing it, but thats just me. Its pretty weak of them to make something and apparently not put much thought into game balance... Then have to change it once they notice they made a mistake.

They really welcome the complainers with open arms when they do foolish stuff like that.

I don't see this mini game having much longevity. Them changing the exp reward by halving it seems to have turned off a lot of people, based on whats been said here. And seeing as though this is a co-op mini game... The number of players who join the game two months down the road might be so little of an amount, that the exp per hour wont be worth it (the team might not even be able to win).

Just my thoughts, at least.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I agree with Paul.

The prayer XP is still faster than killing dragons and ectofuntusing the bones, so why is everyone complaining? Not to mention you get combat XP for killing the mosters or portals. People still play castle wars and there are NO XP rewards there, just some low-defence decorative armour, so why would people stop playing this?

Im sure this mini-game will have a long life.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

teveelmonsters7pk.png

soooooo mutch monsters...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

paul8rg.jpg
Ooooh he sounds a little pissed :lol: ... But he's right, people don't care if it makes other place empty, they jsut want rewards, money and items. Go Paul!
sig5235ro7.jpg

The prayer XP is still faster than killing dragons and ectofuntusing the bones, so why is everyone complaining? Not to mention you get combat XP for killing the mosters or portals. People still play castle wars and there are NO XP rewards there, just some low-defence decorative armour, so why would people stop playing this?

I beg to differ, I highly doubt the prayer EXP at this new place is better then Ectoing.

At level 58 I would get about 561 exp from this new mini game. Thats only about 2 dragon bones ectoed. Now... it would be different if you were killing the dragons yourself... but most people usually buy the bones in bulk.

So I would have to say you're wrong in that respect. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: At first I forgot to take into consideration the amount of points a person gets. I suppose if you'd get 15 points in the new mini game, it would be the same as ectoing, but definitly NOT better. If you get anything below 10 points... My guess would be that you'd be better off ectoing.

NOTE: I am by no means saying this game is useless. God knows I'd be playing it if I was still a member. I just also understand where some of the complainers are coming from.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Apparently you guys haven't seen a forum post by Paul before... :lol:

You do know though that if any skill at all could be matched or be better xp wise in this arena, there would be no more reason at all to train that skill regularly, basically ruining the skill buildup process itself.

Why the hell is he complaining???

Barrows - Best armour in game reward

Pits - Best cape in game

Pest control - Where you NEED a TEAM of people who know what to do...is now really poor exp....great?

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

What I don't get is why can't the minigame give better XP than training? It's more fun, and would draw more customers to P2P. Since when does a game only work as boring repeating training? Personally I'd play any minigame if it's fun for whatever reward, but I don't know why only training has to be the main way.

This looks fun so I'll check it out, but I just can't see harm coming from having a minigame that gives good XP. If it's fun way to earn XP, then gratz Jagex the game works. :D

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

What I don't get is why can't the minigame give better XP than training? It's more fun, and would draw more customers to P2P. Since when does a game only work as boring repeating training? Personally I'd play any minigame if it's fun for whatever reward, but I don't know why only training has to be the main way.

This looks fun so I'll check it out, but I just can't see harm coming from having a minigame that gives good XP. If it's fun way to earn XP, then gratz Jagex the game works. :D

but making all training obsolete because of a minigame? then all the training spots will go abandoned and it will be crowded at the minigame, and all people will do is the minigame

that would unbalance the game like no other

Can you get exp in all the skills or just the combat ones?

Barrow Drops: Guthan's Helm, Karil's Crossbow.

5 Pieces of the Crystal Key so far.

I would never consider meeting people irl. Not just because of risks that they could be a 40 year old man who is only interested in the bottom half of your body.

Fun...exp? That's an oxymoron, good sir.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I beg to differ, I highly doubt the prayer EXP at this new place is better then Ectoing.

At level 58 I would get about 561 exp from this new mini game. Thats only about 2 dragon bones ectoed. Now... it would be different if you were killing the dragons yourself... but most people usually buy the bones in bulk.

EDIT: At first I forgot to take into consideration the amount of points a person gets. I suppose if you'd get 15 points in the new mini game, it would be the same as ectoing, but definitly NOT better. If you get anything below 10 points... My guess would be that you'd be better off ectoing.

NOTE: I am by no means saying this game is useless. God knows I'd be playing it if I was still a member. I just also understand where some of the complainers are coming from.

I knew someone would argue the point, and I am glad you did. I forgot to take into account that prayer level makes a difference. But my point was that when KILLING dragons, it is slower to ecto. Of course buying bones would yield a much higher xp/hour, but that would also cost way too much (the mini game is free, no food required, prayer recharges each time). Also, When you buy bones and ecto, you ONLY get prayer XP, but when playing this minigame, you get combat XP for killing the monsters and portals.

At 494 (argh used to be 988) xp per point, I find the prayer XP to be pretty good, considering each game takes 2-3 mins tops. I am 77 Prayer BTW.

Oh and one more point.. Ecto is BORING, this game isn't :P.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Apparently you guys haven't seen a forum post by Paul before... :lol:

Lol he owns. People were such rude [puncture]s when the update for the new rs homepage came out, least he sticks up for himself :P

Example:

paulownsyou0ya.png

Meh dosent show too much, but shows how some people do over-react over some updates.:wink:

You have a point. It has its pros and cons obviously, but it doesn't change the fact that it can only be as good as ectoing and not better then it (this is under the best of situations).

Obviously the higher your level, the better off you are as well. If I were a couple levels higher... yeah... it probably would be slightly better.

Anyone under my level I would think would be better off buying bones and ectoing for the faster exp. Course... I guess some would rather have the free exp (like myself), but others will go where the fast exp is.

EDIT: And no... I'm not saying I'm better then anyone. Just turned out that at my prayer level... Its pretty even with ectoing. Which was a mere coincidence.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I knew someone would argue the point, and I am glad you did. I forgot to take into account that prayer level makes a difference. But my point was that when KILLING dragons, it is slower to ecto. Of course buying bones would yield a much higher xp/hour, but that would also cost way too much (the mini game is free, no food required, prayer recharges each time). Also, When you buy bones and ecto, you ONLY get prayer XP, but when playing this minigame, you get combat XP for killing the monsters and portals.

At 494 (argh used to be 988) xp per point, I find the prayer XP to be pretty good, considering each game takes 2-3 mins tops. I am 77 Prayer BTW.

Oh and one more point.. Ecto is BORING, this game isn't :P.

I would just like to point out the things in bold.... Y2g2003 he very clearly stated that he meant killing them and followed it up even clearer rebuttal stating the same. He is NOT arguing that buying/ectoing is slower as you have mentioned again in the post above... :wink:

Anywho I can't wait to try this game out even IF the xp is garbage because it sounds like a ton of fun. :D

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!