~~~~ POHs and Dungeons: Planning in advance ~~~~

Briante

INTRO-

Anyone who has been working on construction for the past few days would know that you can easily end up paying big time if you change your mind and want to move a room. This is why I have wasted a bunch of notebook pages coming up with a great house plan.

Visit my house:

WOOT! My goal of 72 construction has been owned! If anyone wants to check out my house and dungeon (which is now an oubliette, 2 corridors and a stair junction) PM me in game. My house is in taverly. So come check it out and maybe use my eagle lecturn, banner easel, armour stand, workbench, portals, limestone altar, or crystal of power.

The design:

Feel free to alter it to your liking.

house.jpg

Dungeon Design:

*Seperate from house design, you cannot have this dungeon and the above house.

dungeon.jpg

*NOTE: The dungeon stairs match up under the 2 halls. This requires a spiral staircase. Also you will notice that with the dungeon the design totals 25 rooms. This cannot be done exactly, the dungeon design is just a sample for you to play with a bit. Or maybe Jagex will increase the room limit if we complain enough, who knows?

Advantages-

If using the portal chamber to teleport to canafis for barrows runs, this is a perfect setup. Just appear in the garden, run in the chapel and pray, then continue onto the portal room next to the chapel! :D

Easy access to workshop and study and chapel/portal room.

The rooms are pretty much in order of level requirements. The higher level rooms are toward the south assuming you originate from your main garden. :D

It looks cool! All the rooms are logically placed. (Kitchen near dining hall, fun games and combat ring on the second floor.)

tippysiggy.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone check the link for us real quick? (Honestly nothing against you, I just want to make sure that there isn't somehow anything in their that could damage out computers or jeapordize our personal information's secrecy).

Good idea putting something like this out though! I had a bad plan when I just started too quickly, but I managed to salvage it by putting the teleporter rooms and prayer alters right by my entrance along with the already close workshop :)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Safe enough, No keyloggers as far as Norton security can tell

It's a good layout..To bad I already started and almost done with my house

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

The link is fine, don't be such a worry wart.

On-Topic: I like the shape and all, very efficient. I'm sure it'll work for some people, but I"m looking more so towards a palatial estate in which you teleport in right in front of it and you see it around you, but open behind you. I'll have to work on my own plan, but if you do want a very intelligent design yours is extremely well planned.

I like it at lot, i doubt i could have been bothered or even able to think up an efficient house plan like this =/

For a moment i thought your first floor was part of the ground plan and i was just like...Wheres the entrance to this !?

Thanks anyways =)

SocialRS.jpg

Very nice design! My POH is still a POS. I have to go through four rooms to get to my workshop. I might just start from scatch and follow your design.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

Does anyone know if you can put a garden on a second floor? I'm just wondering because I'd like to teleport in on a second floor...

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Noob question here - do gardens count towards the 20 room limit?

Anyway - great plan. I love the central courtyard idea, its rather like big Italian mansions with an interior courtyard (eg Venice - Doges Palace)

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

That plan is nearly exactly the same shape as my house! Rooms are different though...

In the heat of the moment I brought 2 parlours, dont have the heart to destroy my least favourite one.

Everyone feel free to visit my house world 120, taverly! It is currently open!

sig5235ro7.jpg

I can't get on so could someone please give me a picture of the room placement?

Could you have your house in the shape of a line?

XXXXXXXXX

Or does it have to be a square?

XXX

XXX

XXX

Why is everyones garden in the middle?

Here's a layout of mine:

Soma2035POH.png

I figured the same thing as the creator of this thread. Start off with some cheap powerbuilding, get 30-40 construction, all the while laying out my house on a piece of paper... saves a lot of money that way, and a lot of effort.

Looks very nice, I'm going to make my house just like that when I get my members :D . Bookmarked just in case I forget about it.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Heh nice! I've definatly wasted tons of money redoing my house, adding and removing rooms etc.

When are the "lot upgrades"? I know i got one at lvl 15 for 4x4.

Briante you noob :wink: Nice job, my house is messed up but I at least got the chapel and portal rooms where I want em :D

Exact same thing here 8-)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]