29/08/06 - Demons, dragons and giants

kolko

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for expressing what is merely my opinion (c'est la vie) but I don't really like most of the new graphical updates. The demons are all so ugly now. And the dragons are just weird. The only difference between the dragons is their color and I thought this might change when they did the graphics but they're still carbon copies of each other. :-s And the demons... well I guess it was necessary to make them demonic but I'm not really loving it.

I do like the Giant Updates though. The Hills are hot now. Before they were just ugly guys in shorts, now ... now they're just so ...rawr. And the mossies/fires/icies are also pretty darn kewl, especially the icies. Looks like sumthing out of Gondam Wings, although I never watched that show. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

The Metal Dragons are fine as they are and they don't need much of an update besides getting physical distinctions among the 3. Maybe soon they'll add Level 310 Mith Dragons. ^.^ Then 374 Addy ^o^ I can't wait for the 451 Rune Dragons ^O^

For some odd reason Bat Country by A7x is stuck in mah head.

Yes the graphics are horrible they make the monsters look hideous... demons and dragons are supposed to look happy and friendly right?

Yes the graphics are horrible they make the monsters look hideous... demons and dragons are supposed to look happy and friendly right?

Yeah, thanks for putting words in my post that I didn't write.

I was just saying that I liked the way that they looked before.

Kq updated? just wondering

No.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

The pictures DO NOT do the graphics justice.

Just went to greens as I had a wild clue, the animation is so smooth and fast o.O

Anyone else want a Graphics month sometime soon? =P

Me. I wouldn't mind of all they did was making everything look a little smoother. Much like the new demons/drags because then it would match up quite nicely and they could redo the graphics on a lot of them without putting them out of place.

I think this is one of the better updates to come our way in a long time... :thumbsup: to Jagex.

Slack_Tide.png

I'm impressed with how many think this is an outstanding update. The ANIMATION of these things are amazing and cannot be shown with still photos.

I was impressed when they updated Barbarian village (giving npc's unique names and looks).

Weird huh? No new monsters, no new drops, no new quests, no new skills. Just making the game look better brings a great response. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. An updated Kalphite lair will really rock.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for expressing what is merely my opinion (c'est la vie) but I don't really like most of the new graphical updates. The demons are all so ugly now. And the dragons are just weird. The only difference between the dragons is their color and I thought this might change when they did the graphics but they're still carbon copies of each other. :-s And the demons... well I guess it was necessary to make them demonic but I'm not really loving it.

I do like the Giant Updates though. The Hills are hot now. Before they were just ugly guys in shorts, now ... now they're just so ...rawr. And the mossies/fires/icies are also pretty darn kewl, especially the icies. Looks like sumthing out of Gondam Wings, although I never watched that show. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

See i'm thinking the same.

The dragons look SO out of place now. The black demons and the ice giants look the best I think.

asrhasrh.jpg

People, you have a job now: We need screenshots of bosses from quests, excluding Delrith and Chronozon which were already posted. I'm referring to:

Nezikchened - the antagonist of Legends quest,

Holthion and the other two - In the Underground Pass,

That blue demon who frees Merlin in Merlin's Crystal (it was blue back on classic, so I'm not sure what colour it was now),

Agrith-Naar - The antagonist of Shadow of the Storm,

Glough's demons - Monkey Madness and the Grand Tree,

The Black Knight Titan - Holy Grail.

I'm not sure if I missed any but do post them. We need to know if they were lazy or made original models like they did for Delrith and Chronozon. :P

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"