No Swearing! No Way!

ruthlover

also remember that Jagex tends to ban perfectly usable English at times...words like "Fletching" or "thats"

super cautious? no.

overly sensitive? yes.

acinonyx5pw.jpg

Acinonyx jubatus - binomial nomenclature for Cheetah!

10th grade OVER!!!

Jagex indeed succeeded in cencoring the English swearing, but as a non-english person its still horrible :wall:

See, I'm Dutch and I'm just spontaniously getting a headache when I'm at Karamja docks, 3pm, world 50. Maybe Jagex better focus on the foreign language swearing a bit, instead of blocking every single English word that some crazy MIGHT relate to anything 18+

Greetings,

an annoyed Dutchman

getfirefoxmo6.gif

They should so ban noob, it would be rfunny! :XD:

They did about 6 months ago (hidden update)... Then a lot of people started complaining or something, so they unblocked it... Funny thing is that when they blocked noob, they didn't block n00b...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Jagex indeed succeeded in cencoring the English swearing, but as a non-english person its still horrible :wall:

See, I'm Dutch and I'm just spontaniously getting a headache when I'm at Karamja docks, 3pm, world 50. Maybe Jagex better focus on the foreign language swearing a bit, instead of blocking every single English word that some crazy MIGHT relate to anything 18+

Greetings,

an annoyed Dutchman

Your name made me do a double-take irl lol....

Yeah, it's kind of annoying when they censor one of their own skills, but there working on it, just give them time.

They should so ban noob, it would be rfunny! :XD:

They did about 6 months ago (hidden update)... Then a lot of people started complaining or something, so they unblocked it... Funny thing is that when they blocked noob, they didn't block n00b...

then they unblocked noob and blocked n00b instead, but this was way over 6 months ago, it was like over a year ago or more. remember time is passing fast

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Jees I hate the people in charge of the Runescape Censor..

You'd have to have some knid of sick ultra-Conservative mind to argue that it's never ever appropriate to use certain words in conversation -.-

Personally the only censored word I ever use is 'Damn' or 'Damnit'. Since I've played it's never been allowed but I used to be content when they allowed the word 'Dam' but now... Ugh. :-#

Feels like some kind of evil Dictatorship with senseless rules..

If everyone became offended by the word 'Lightning' do you think they'd censor it? This game now has an age restriction of at least 13 which I'm completly happy about but despite this there's been no lift on the censor. <.< Either raise it to 15/16 Years minimum or do as below.

The only option that would keep everyone happy (and not even hard to put into the game) would to give players an option (in the Settings window) to turn their Censor On/Mild/Off etc. For new players it would automaticly be turned On as they begin the game. ::'

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Personally, I'd rather deal with a few normal words that get censored than listen to people swear every other word. I'm one of those people who finds excessive swearing to be offensive; it's rude, insulting and shows a lack of intelligence.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I have seen lots of people swearing with the censor too... there's always ways to say a bad word, and the censor is not universal. But it's pretty annoying when you speak spanish cos you can't say, for example, "Negro" [black] or "Cuando" [when] and sometimes you write a phrase and it cames out like an asterisk soup... I think they should censore the words on the same moment you write them so you'll know how the message is going to came out...

concurso2mn1.jpg

Currently having a break from sig-making...

Join the campaign for more F2P bank space!

also remember that Jagex tends to ban perfectly usable English at times...words like "Fletching" or "thats"

super cautious? no.

overly sensitive? yes.

actually they can only mute/ban people that pass the censor

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Lol, I remember a long time ago when they blocked the word noob. Over HALF the runescape community QUIT runescape and complained a lot. Some people got mad and even quit their memberships. And Jagex lost a lot of money, so they decided not to block that word again.

untitledkv7.jpg

sigvm0.jpg

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Why would people be upset about the word noob being blocked.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Jees I hate the people in charge of the Runescape Censor..

You'd have to have some knid of sick ultra-Conservative mind to argue that it's never ever appropriate to use certain words in conversation -.-

Personally the only censored word I ever use is 'Damn' or 'Damnit'. Since I've played it's never been allowed but I used to be content when they allowed the word 'Dam' but now... Ugh. :-#

Feels like some kind of evil Dictatorship with senseless rules..

If everyone became offended by the word 'Lightning' do you think they'd censor it? This game now has an age restriction of at least 13 which I'm completly happy about but despite this there's been no lift on the censor. <.< Either raise it to 15/16 Years minimum or do as below.

The only option that would keep everyone happy (and not even hard to put into the game) would to give players an option (in the Settings window) to turn their Censor On/Mild/Off etc. For new players it would automaticly be turned On as they begin the game. ::'

oooh....good idea. you should post it on the rs suggestions. =D>

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Why would people be upset about the word noob being blocked.

That, my friend, is an excellent question. I wish I had an answer. It's not like it's that important of a word. Is it?

I think Jagex overreacted when all those people quit; they'd recover in time. Heck, I'd go out of my way to find a way to pay for members in support of another noob censor.

Not that they would, but still...

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I want jagex to block all forms of the word "plz", even the full "please". I got so sick of hearing those

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.