Quest's, whats your stance?

caligula101

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm the general feeling im getting when reading the current replies is that not many users actually like the quests, only do them for rewards etc..Maybe the reason you don't like them is because you always use a guide? Or is it because your quest points aren't in the hiscores and usually you aren't gaining any exp through doing a quest, they're just for fun.
no, ive done all but the elemental workshop part 2 and I dont like quests. I just do them for the rewards, to say ive done them all, and for guthix tears.

i personally don't do quests unless the reward is good or it accesses a new place.. I don't like quests cause they aren't very fun

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

If a quest is supposed to be challenging, why use a guide? :-k

Whenever I'm doing an activity and the quest topic springs up, people start blabbering on how easy the hardest quests in Runescape are. I laugh at most of them, since they deny using guides.

One such example was desert treasure. I died twice not knowing what to expect in that quest then somebody who did it at a pretty low expected combat level says it's easy and never died on it? They either did it before or used a guide... :-s

To answer your question, I hate quest guides. They ruin the fun of doing quests... And I loved the Forgettable Tales. ^^

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

For some quests, you need a guide. I really don't like puzzles so I'll need a guide with a lot of puzzles (MEII). For the most part, most quests aren't that bad and can be done without guides.

217 Quest Points.. :thumbsup:

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

fresh quests i always try to do before the guide comes online

I was one of the first to figure out that puzzle in The eyes of glouphrie on an entire world. Feels awesome to be one of the first to finish a new quest.

I was the very first person on World 99 to make it to Lunar Isle, so I know what you mean :D (Unfortunately the time I took to write the quest guide for it stopped me from being the first to finish it)

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

I did almost all the F2P quests using guides...But that's okay, I'l probably end up doing them again someday, and will have forgotten everything about them by them. For P2P quests, I do as much as I can without any help. If I get stuck, I go to the "QuestHelp" system. If that doesn't work, I'll go to the tip.it guide, but only to look at a few words.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

but old quests i am to lazy to figure out without guide when there is 1 on tipit

That's my stance. If a new quest comees out (I've done every new one w/o a guide since Making History), I do it without a guide. But If I'm doing an old quest (Haunted mine now, for example) I'll go back to guide to get it over with.

Cowmasta13.png

I was one of the first to figure out that puzzle in The eyes of glouphrie on an entire world. Feels awesome to be one of the first to finish a new quest.

I know, best feeling in the world. did death plateau at level 30, around one of the first 20 people on my world to have claws (i woulda been one of the first to do preist in peril too, but that was before jagex learned that making a quest monster with a 50 second respawn time in a tiny little room isn't good for 1500 people (when it came out, there was also a bug where you could kill it multiple times, and people would camp down there to stop people from finishing the quest) <.<

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

Well put post, I believe quests make Runescape. Those who complete quests just for items or exp, shouldn't be playing a fantasy rpg game :P

I usually try it out first if I'm in the mood, and I feel really good if I complete it. However if I get stuck, I usually turn to a guide for the item list, and try to work things out there. If all else fails, I look up the part I'm stuck at, and continue on.

I completed Recepie for disaster the first day it came out, I was so determined to do that all on my own. It was released 8:00pm Aussie time, and I played it right through till morning. It was the longest ever I've been in front of a comp screen, and I don't plan to do it again :oops:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Lol i aint gonna lie, i use quest guides for like 80% of all the quest's i've done, i only do quest's honestly without a guide if its the day it comes out and the quest interests me to do it.

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

I hate quests. The only quests I do are ones that I need. So, I use a guide for the whole thing so I can get it over and done with fast and easily.

same as with me, if rfd didnt come out i would have 60 qp.....

Wondering what to do with life .....

Unfortunatly, updates are usually relesed at 5-6am here, and on weekdays no less which makes it nearly impossible for me to do a quest right after release.

However I never fail in doing a quest the day that it comes out, (Even if I have to grind 4 herblore levels <.< ) and make good time doing it.

I hate using quest guides, they really do suck the fun right out of it. Whats really the point of having somone else do the entire thing for for? If your going through quests to day you've done them all then using guides for every one makes it pointless since you won't achieve anything.

[/rant]

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Seriously...

I was the first person I know to finish the Slug Menace quest...

I was so happy when the quest complete thing came up... Got rc 44 =]

But usually I use quest guides... Just because I don't want to risk dying by a strong monster wearing like full d or something...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I hate runescape quests, I have like 60 quest points, I'll prolly never do legends. If I want to do a quest I'll go play Diablo or Everquest, Runescape just isn't a questing game, its not real enough.

99 smithing rsc

Seriously...

I was the first person I know to finish the Slug Menace quest...

I was so happy when the quest complete thing came up... Got rc 44 =]

But usually I use quest guides... Just because I don't want to risk dying by a strong monster wearing like full d or something...

couldn't have said it beter

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

I find quests to be a huge part of the Runescape world. If it wasn't for quests, the world map would be MUCH smaller, and we'd have less access to unique items to help with skilling.

Plus, I don't know how much of a nerd I sound like, but I enjoy the continuing storylines in each quest and like completing some quests simply for the sake of the plot.

The quests also provide good oppurtunities to actually think instead of clicking on a tree or a fishing spot.

As for doing quests, I try to go as far as I can without a guide (this is easier to do on newly released quests), and always make sure I have some way out of a situation if I run into something too hard to fight right away (I always bring an ectophial and antipoison/prayer potions for safety).

Of course, if I'm really stuck, I'll peek at a tipit guide to get a hint at what I'm missing. I don't like to do that though. The game would be a lot less interesting without the quests, that's for sure. This game isn't ALL about making millions or going to the Barrows for 10 hours.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~