Monkfish, come and see!

Rebel_Rune_9

imagine trying to catch one of those with a small net and fitting 28 of em in a backpack :shock: those things are UHGALEE!

28 of these?:

http://www.kaymancharters.com/reports/20lb_monkfish.JPG

:shock:

Ah, yes, 28 of these would be much easier:

MARK%20THE%20SHARK%20with%20MONSTER%20THRESHER%20SHARK.jpg

:lol:

now imagine eating it when fleeing from pkers :shock:

WOW!!!!!

Screw eating it to get away from pkers, hit them with the darn thing... That thing has to be at least twice as long as halberd and hit just as hard...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, from looking at that picture, how does one manage to eat a whole monkfish in 1 bite? :-k :P

+1

Nice find! Funny to read all these posts and look at the pics. Keep it up,shame I dont have any pics.

They sure look like they would HURT you more than heal you. :-k

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

Another detail about Piscatoris: The shopman and banker, "Lydspor", that name doesn't make much sense does it? Wrong, Lydspor is Norwegian and actually means soundtrack. He's also speaking English/Norwegian, they say he comes from some "barbaric tribe frm the North" curse you jagex :lol:

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

Can't believe people didn't know they were real...

I think I remember them being on the official forums long ago as a suggestion.

And to all the really stupid noobs that feel the need to say " OMG!!! SUE JAGEX QUICK" name one game on the earth that has every bit of its game content originally thought up, now go slap yourself, there is lots of content in this game that is original and your all picking out the bits that arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t please just donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play if you think it stinks so much.

Also known as an anglerfish.

Wrong... Also known as an Angel Shark ;). Wanna bet I'm makin a fool of myself and I'm completely wrong :P

Barrows isn't original... There are burial mounds called barrows...

I knew monkfish were real!! In fact I learnt it only a few days ago :P.

maxsig28nv.gif

:anxious: Well, I get to learn something new every day :thumbsup:

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

monkfish.jpg

Um

Not to be rude

But you used Jefferson, my myspace group's sacred fish. He ate the leader of our former board, and defeated rapeman in an epic battle.

He is similar to limecat.

Thought you should know.

ALL HAIL JEFFERSON

Wrong... Also known as an Angel Shark ;). Wanna bet I'm makin a fool of myself and I'm completely wrong :P

[he'sright] cough [/he'sright]

Monkfish and anglerfish are indeed the same thing. The head isn't eaten, only the tail. It's a very meaty fish, not unlike lobster in taste and texture (no bones in the edible parts!), and is one of the most expensive you can buy. This never used to be the case, with monkfish often being used as the meat in 'scampi', because it was cheaper than prawns. However, none of us should be eating monkfish now (in real life) as it's been very much overfished and stocks are not considered sustainable. That's a shame, because it's one of my favourite foods! It's also a message which seems not to be getting through - most fish restaurants still offer monkfish (at a price, of course), and my local fishmonger nearly always has it on display. Save the monkfish! I think I feel a T-shirt coming on...

Never thought I'd be writing about monkfish on this forum...

dirty filthy hippie :evil:

wah wah animals too stupid to survive are dying :boohoo:

kill all the hippies!!! :twisted:

I'm very surprised you didn't follow the fate of the "Stupid Animals".

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

You mean to tell me my character has eaten hundreds of THAT THING? EW! >.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Wikipedia is never wrong!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkfish

ok lets turn this arround a little. first off why must we keep dissin jagex? they made the game in the first place and if thats a problem stop playing :shame: .

secondly a good bit of stuff you havent heard of. they keep you on your toes with things you dont know ie. stimulates the brain. thanks to runescape you now know something you wouldent have before \' .

thirdly do you have any idea how hard trying to find an original idea in this day and age is? absolutely everything real and imaginary is already somewhere on the internet, dont bash em too much because *gasp* one of the other 13 billion people on this planet came up with it already.

personally i'm still waitin for chupacabras, not skeletal wyverns and chimeras, if those are added i'll be a happy camper :thumbsup:

my site(not much on it yet :p)

Chibois2.gif

jellies pl0x? - excisted in dofus before they excisted in runescape

and what about ape atoll? i dont know...

or the tree gnome stronghold? i dont know...

or the gnome maze? i dont know...

or what about the poor sea snake hatchlings in the miscelania dungeons ? :boohoo: hmmz hows that game named? with those pets... well i dont know but these

answer that!

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

ok lets turn this arround a little. first off why must we keep dissin jagex? they made the game in the first place and if thats a problem stop playing :shame:

I don't think this thread was made to insult Jagex :? As you said, it's just pointing out something interesting within the game, and it is very interesting :P

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

haha :lol: the monkfish need a makeover badly

Yeah atleast Jagex did the graphics right and made em look good at a long distance. Silly non-existant god getting his fashion ideas wrong.

He really needs to update there graphics with a new RL patch. Plenty of patches he could do if he existed.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

haha :lol: the monkfish need a makeover badly

Yeah atleast Jagex did the graphics right and made em look good at a long distance. Silly non-existant god getting his fashion ideas wrong.

He really needs to update there graphics with a new RL patch. Plenty of patches he could do if he existed.

A little off-topic, but please don't diss people's beliefs. Yes I am catholic and believe that god exists. After all, it's all about faith. :P
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

WOW!!!!!

Jagex should be sued, none of their ideas except for Barrows (Barrows ftw!!!) are orginal lol.....

WOOT first post!!!!

~Saruamn44

Whow ould sue them? The monkfish? Nobody owns the monkfish lol.

Barrows did exist. A few thousand years ago they used in bury their dead in barrows. Not everyone though, only the rich or mighty such as warriors. Some are still around in England today, lots were ruined by treasure hunters though. Again, nobody owns them, so nobody can sue Jagex.

sig5235ro7.jpg

You should also note that the word "piscator" is a latin word for "fisherman", "piscatoris" - fishermen - plural...

Who knows if they really ain't doing any peculiar monkfish investigation, eh..

I bet they were just browsing a latin dictionary for a cool sounding name for a fishing village and to impress the RS kids..

Maybe the latin name of monkfish is just accidently the same.. I mean, monkfish has the name "anglerfish" -> angler is roughly the same as fisherman, which comes from its way of luring its prey...

I say Jagex is lazy and isn't doing any more investigation than me when stepping on poo poo... They're just tossing rare words here and there, eh?

imagine trying to catch one of those with a small net and fitting 28 of em in a backpack :shock: those things are UHGALEE!

28 of these?:

Yea, quite unrealistic.

I always thought the idea of, after you cook the fish, it turns to Shark Meat, rather than a shark. still heals the same, just instead of the fish turning a more "cooked" color, it turns into a nice fillet or something. carrying shark fillets are more realistic than carrying 28 sharks in your bag.....

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

A lot of stuff in RS are real things. Toadflax and snapdragon are real plants.
Guam leaf is form 'Guam Island' in the Pacific Ocean, I suspect.

50% of the stuff Jagex puts intot eh game is based on real life.

sig5235ro7.jpg

28 of these?:

Yea, quite unrealistic.

I always thought the idea of, after you cook the fish, it turns to Shark Meat, rather than a shark. still heals the same, just instead of the fish turning a more "cooked" color, it turns into a nice fillet or something. carrying shark fillets are more realistic than carrying 28 sharks in your bag.....

No, now lets see you put 2,100,000,000 Of these things in your backpack :shock:

2004_4378.JPG

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.