Did I really do anything wrong? (semi long post)

Saru Inc

of course you were right. Most people would probably have tried to say it was their stuff, and if you did feel like giving it back, you should ask them what was in the pile. if they knew most or all of it, give it back if you want. otherwise they're probably lying.

Lol lenin stop bumping old topics...

Ontopic, the choice was to take the stuff, or leave it and let it disappear...

And... how would you be able to tell which of the claimants was telling the truth? You couldn't. Better it stays in your hands than fall into the possession of a level 60 who might misuse it for evil...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You definitely didn't do anything wrong. The fact that you stayed there 15 minutes to see if they'd come and claim is reason enough to show you care about people over pixels. I would've done the same thing, I always make my decisions on the impression they give.

I've had people say "IF YOU TOOK MY F***ING STUFF, YOU'RE DEAD" I'd say no, wasn't me. They don't deserve they're items back for being a jerk.

61784167.jpg

In my opinion, it's stupid to give stuff like that back. People need to learn that there is RISK involved in taking 5M worth of equipment to barrows. Don't take that equipment there unless you are prepared to lose it. I personally would be mortified if I did something that dumb, and wouldn't want my equipment back. A couple times I've died and had people ask if I want my stuff back. I always say no - I gave it away by my own stupidity, I don't deserve to get it back.

Of course, if you are teaming DKs, or doing a quest like desert treasure with someone, and you make an agreement to pick stuff up if the other guy dies, that's totally different. But random strangers who do stupid things and die? I'll gladly keep their equipment.

Meh, i'd keep it. Depending if he politely asked for his stuff back instead of telling me to give it back to him. And he did tell me to give it back i'd just rub it in his face like "Mmmm veracs helmet, mmmmmmm I love it" and "does this look good on me? *puts on helm*". You should of kepted it all instead of giving him some back.

Quit RuneScape :)

It says a lot about your character that you actually waited to see if anyone came... :thumbsup: I would be straight out there, whip in hand 8-)

Nope, you done nothing wrong, those folks were just jealous :XD:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

You picked up somebody's death pile and even waited for somebody to show up and claim it. That's more than commendable behaviour especially since the average player would've grabbed and banked. The most I've ever gotten from a death pile was red dhide vambraces.

C'est le vie.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

You definitely did not do anything wrong, Saru.

I'm like you. After finding a death pile somewhere, I'd wait for a bit, see if anybody would come back, and claim it. If they asked nicely, like you said, I'd give it back. If they didn't ask nicely, I simply would keep it until they actually asked me nicely. If nobody comes for the drop, it's fair game.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I would never give any stuff "back" to someone unless I was 100% sure that he was the very person who lost the stuff, which would be the case if I saw him dying.

Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006

Abyssal whip drops: 6

You waited. 100% sure those people who flamed you wouldn't have even waiting for the person to come back. They're just jealous they didn't get rich like you. Don't pay any attention to them. Grats on the death pile :o :)

floorgazer.png

i personally think the loot is urs no matter what( unless ur fun fighting with friend)

and if u said wat u say u said in this post than those other guys are just being babies cuz they musta died and lost stuff or somthing...

well, those guys contradicted themselves. they valued thier pixels more than they valued ppl such as urself, proving this by yellig at u

their just tryin to make u feel guilty, ppl like that would never give back a deathj pile

i myself just gave back a death pile worth 700+k even tho i only have 42k... -.- but my conscience can't handle not giving back a death pile.

if ur conscience can handle not giving back a death pile, by all means don't

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

you did nothing wrong at all.

Heck, noone claimed it so you get to keep it all. And if someone would've claimed it you still wouldn't have to give it back.

3 days ago I was emtpying my cbow at white knights fally

so it finally turns into a seed and I die to a white knight short after because I had little hp left and wanted to die to get full, I didn't have any items except for my seed and some low value drops. So I die and I'm about to go bank my seed but then I notice... 3 nature runes :S I check my deathpile... a lvl 97 standing on it with dmed and full rune, I asked for it back but he said he had just been hacked and needed the money... He then told me I would get part of it back, like 100K but then he noticed that it wasn't worth 900K as he had thought it was, but 150-200K instead and he just told me that he was gonna keep it all because "he needed the cash" offered him to buy it back for 100K but he wouldn't... so yeah, people keep deathpiles all the time and I won't go cry about it.

Whatever Silver, I don't know if this is what you meant, but I despise

"situational ethics" they are complete bull. If I got a hell, 10 billion death pile, you'd better believe I'd return it, cuz I know how much that guy\girl worked to get it... The only way I wouldn't return is if they were being a smart aleck.

Thanks guys, but, this happened months and months ago, it was like my first death pile....

~Saru

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Whatever Silver, I don't know if this is what you meant, but I despise

"situational ethics" they are complete bull. If I got a hell, 10 billion death pile, you'd better believe I'd return it, cuz I know how much that guy\girl worked to get it... The only way I wouldn't return is if they were being a smart aleck.

Thanks guys, but, this happened months and months ago, it was like my first death pile....

~Saru

ummm if some1 is careless enough to die and they have 10bil worth of stuff, then they deserve to not get it back because

a. they have way more cash

b. if you're that careless with 10bil worth of stuff, in fact, any amount of stuff that you die at the hands of a lvl 100- then you don't deserve your stuff back

oh yeah i didn't get silver's post either

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

when i died due to lagg at darrok i never expected to get anything back. i just hoped i could pick up my deffender and barrows gloves.

sadly i didnt get there fast enough.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Whenever I get a death pile and the person returns I like to see their reaction before I give some stuff back. The worst case is I got completely flamed before i said anything to the guy (he knew i got) so i gave him 10 gp and an empty vial (keeping all his ranger gear). Another time someone died at fire giants and returned a few hours later (he had chat off i am thinking) he had nearly nothing, but wanted to range so bad so i returned all his arrows and a few thousand extra since I didnt know exactly what was his anymore.

On the flip side, last week I died and lost over 17.7 mill, knowing the people in runescape these days i didnt even return, then I got messaged saying come to lumby. THe guy had gone out of his way trying to figure out my name to return everything (about 17 mill returned) and he even fixed the guthans

People like that, and events like that...I could play all year and it would only happen once, but it would be worth it just to see a shred of humanity still left in this game. Players like that are what should make this game and this community the best in the world.

You did nothing wrong. Someone died, you happened upon the pile.

Good Answer... This would be the best reason..

You did Nothing Wrong lol... Who dare say you!?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/