Runecrafting Update - Problem with Pouches

panthers4091

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't see how you could be pked at that place.

Is it that hard to click the ecto when you hear a magic attack?

And unless you're naked (wear d hide -.-), I doubt a pker will get lucky enough to ko you in 3-5 hits.

I just don't see how you could get pked rcing.

If you get a good pker they can TB and entangle you before you get gone.

if you're running it should be a rare occasion that both spells hit through d hide and you havn't reached the mage yet.

I really doubt they even thought about people dropping their pouches before dying, for those of you posting it's a conspiracy, grow up. As previously posted, just don't die. I believe Jagex have already posted in reply to this on RSOF, stating that when you die you're supposed to lose your items anyway, so they're not going to change it back.

It's not that hard to avoid dying anyway, and it's even easier to get your pouches back. Just kill the level 10s, will only take 10-15 minutes. If it's taking you hours to get your pouches back you're doing something seriously wrong.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I really doubt they even thought about people dropping their pouches before dying, for those of you posting it's a conspiracy, grow up. As previously posted, just don't die. I believe Jagex have already posted in reply to this on RSOF, stating that when you die you're supposed to lose your items anyway, so they're not going to change it back.

It's not that hard to avoid dying anyway, and it's even easier to get your pouches back. Just kill the level 10s, will only take 10-15 minutes. If it's taking you hours to get your pouches back you're doing something seriously wrong.

Thank you. It took me MAYBE 20 minutes to get small through large.

Thank you. It took me MAYBE 20 minutes to get small through large.

Man, you guys beat me posting that. Rawr <.<

It's not that hard to get pouches.. Or don't die :wink: . Think of bring ectophial??? :ohnoes: Ohnoez one more less nat I make!

like... omg... how dare they make it dangerous to RC in the wilderness!!!

Don't take me wrong... I think abyss PKers are about as lame and pathetic as it gets... but the abyss is meant to be a dangerous thing to use, and by dropping your pouches/glories, YOU (RCers) have brought attention to the way you defeat the risk and just pick up what you would've lost when you teleport back.

I would be just as annoyed as anybody else having to go back and get my 4 pouches in the abyss... but props to Jagex for actually making the abyss a risk, while not ruining the appeal of the time it saves.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Ok, that kind of sucks, but you know what? How about avoid getting pkd in the first place? I've crafted so many runes (around 40k) without even coming close to needing to drop my pouches, so I'm fine. Besides, it's not that hard to get your pouches back. I can get them in 20 minutes tops.

This dosen't lower the effectiveness of RCing all that much, really.

like... omg... how dare they make it dangerous to RC in the wilderness!!!

Don't take me wrong... I think abyss PKers are about as lame and pathetic as it gets... but the abyss is meant to be a dangerous thing to use, and by dropping your pouches/glories, YOU (RCers) have brought attention to the way you defeat the risk and just pick up what you would've lost when you teleport back.

I would be just as annoyed as anybody else having to go back and get my 4 pouches in the abyss... but props to Jagex for actually making the abyss a risk, while not ruining the appeal of the time it saves.

I completely agree with the two people above. I've made about 400k nats myself and quite honestly, it's not that hard to avoid getting pked/dying in the first place, and it never takes me more than 20 minutes to get my pouches back.

The key is to know how to escape, when to escape and how to get your pouches back. To get all four pouches back in 20 minutes, just kill abyssal leeches in one of the corners with DD++, abyssal whip and full guthans if available. My record time is about 5-10 minutes and it's never taken more than 30.

Also, the amount of times I've actually been pked successfully is too few to even consider. Most of those times being before I knew how to properly protect myself and escape.

I think this update is fair and will have no major affect on anyone who actually knows what they're doing. Someone quoted Paul's statement earlier, and as Paul said, we are supposed to lose our items when we die. Sure, getting RC PKed is a pretty dumb, way to die (especially since you can't really do much about it, since it's not considered a "fair" fight) and pathetic on the PKer's part; but we're supposed to lose our items nonetheless. It really don't take that much time to get them back... Not enough to complain anyway.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

You can get your pouches back at no risk at all through the fairy ring system.

Not entirely sure if they drop pouches though, Never really killed anything in there.

Also, take revenge on the Pker, if he kills you, go for Double or Nothing! Kill the guy and get two Glories, Free Mystic and A random assortment of Runes, Dragon Weapons or even a whip if you're lucky.

mazurizi.png

Looks like the 5 year old abyss pkers whined themselves up another advantage?

Apparently attacking a defenseless player was too difficult for them.

sigh.. when will they learn.. the wild is not a place to have things.. i can understand having it in lvl 1-2.. but lvl 6 gives too many opportunistic pkers

luckily i am getting to a lvl where they CAN'T attack me ( at least most of them, being in the 85-90ish range for combat)

isnt it safer to abyss rc at a LOWER level? since the abyss pkers can only be 5 levels lower of higher, and lower lvl pkers cant entangle/ teleblock.

Combat level almost NEVER show your Mage level. You can have a 80's combat more than capable of casting ice barrage.

The higher your mage and def level, the more chance you have getting away because you get splashed more.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

i think it means that u lose ur ess when u drop it..not the pouches..

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

just bring elf crystal if they teleblock..just fight. and if u use world 2,6,9 there are much less rc pkers. becuase there are so many clans going on, and too laggy. so rc pkers don't usually hang out in those world. i rc 4 life. so i know how it is :D

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

i think it means that u lose ur ess when u drop it..not the pouches..

That's not the problem. The problem is the message that will show up when you try dropping the pouches. The message will also disappear when the pker hits you which makes it practicly impossible to drop the pouches.

I think it's fair enough. :roll:

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

What are the chances of being abyss pked anyway? For all the abyss rcing ive done, ive been attacked twice, and never pked. And the one and only time i collected my pouches, it took not more than 20 minutes. I had to go back once to get another large pouch because of a quest (devious minds?) and that took me another 10. When i abyss rc, i should be able to take half an hour to get my pouches back on the off-chance that i get pked out there.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

What are the chances of being abyss pked anyway? For all the abyss rcing ive done, ive been attacked twice, and never pked. And the one and only time i collected my pouches, it took not more than 20 minutes. I had to go back once to get another large pouch because of a quest (devious minds?) and that took me another 10. When i abyss rc, i should be able to take half an hour to get my pouches back on the off-chance that i get pked out there.

Last time i crafted 30k nats, i got pked at least 7 times. First they teleblock, then entangle while im trying to run, then kill me. Yes i was wearing d hides. i lost 7 glorys in a week... that was about 630k in glories...

Jagex has officialy ruined one of the last ways to save your self from hours of work when being pked. You used to be able to drop your pouches, and glory, then run back and pick them up. Now you get a warning message when trying to drop the pouches.

I smell a conspiricy.

First jagex realises the inflation problem they have. Next the introduce pure ess update. "Killing two birds with one stone". Stop the hackers, and make runecrafting less appealing. This means less nature runes, and less high alching. This lowers the cash flow comming into the game. Next jagex makes construction a huge money drain. Also compensating for the massive cash coming into the game through alching. Now they ruin the one last reliable way of saving your rune ess pouches when being pked (unless you have a house teleport tablet).

I think jagex is trying to make runecrafting less appealable, and discourage people from runecrafting. (If you dont runecraft, you have no idea how hard it is to get your pouches back if you loose them.) After all, give me ONE good reason for needing to have the rune ess pouches empty when you drop them.

Comment, flame, whatever.

With the new non-wildy abbysal plane, I have now trouble getting puches back. I bring great weps and lots of food with no worries, how is that hard?

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

Last time i crafted 30k nats, i got pked at least 7 times. First they teleblock, then entangle while im trying to run, then kill me. Yes i was wearing d hides. i lost 7 glorys in a week... that was about 630k in glories...

Dude I think you need to find a better route to the abyss lol just a tip. \'

I honestly don't see how you could be pked at that place.

Is it that hard to click the ecto when you hear a magic attack?

And unless you're naked (wear d hide -.-), I doubt a pker will get lucky enough to ko you in 3-5 hits.

I just don't see how you could get pked rcing.

right, usually when i go out there, there's no pkers there simply. But if someone has ancients and they freeze u, tele. If they tele block, run...of course if they score a lucky entagle than that's the problem. If your in a jam and want to save the pouches, simply empty and drop.

BTW guys, you really should consider using world 9 to RC. Although there are MANY MANY Pkers in that world, almost none try to kill RCers. I've had a few attack me, but usually when I get back they're gone. One time I came back and I saw the RC PKer who previously attacked me being KOd and the guy who did it said w00t whip :D! I almost peed myself laughing. It's a fact: Real PKers and Abyss PKers don't mix.