Stupid PC products... The noobs of today!

Wkw

I agree with Nugget89 and Severation. The way I see it, "PC Products" aren't taking the easy way out, they're simply using the smart way. What makes more sense:

-Spending one month at PC to max combat stats so you can (1) do stuff IRL or (2) move on to non-combat skills

-Spending 5 months maxing combat on "real monsters" so you can tell everyone that you didn't use PC

I don't think that not using PC gives you more knowledge of Runescape, like I said earlier. In addition, I don't see why people shouldn't use this PC update to their advantage, like Severation stated. That's great if you want to be able to say that you didn't use PC, but what is that going to do for you in the end? Nothing. You just end up wasting more time playing Runescape or training combat, when you could have gotten it done a lot quicker.

I have one word for you: Slayer.

And I completely disagree with everything you've said about the fact that all it does is grant you "bragging rights," about not using Pest Control. It doesn't just give you the right to brag, it gives you respect, and it DOES give you more knowledge of the game. Training Slayer alongside combat allows you to kill monsters you never would without it. It gives you a reason to go into different areas you normally would not.

And in my eyes, (and the eyes of many of the more respected people who play this game) people who use Pest Control to level combat, are the same noobs I see running around everyday, who have 125 Combat (They're usually all too poor to afford more than 90 Prayer), yet only have 1500 or so total levels. These people try to earn respect with their combat level, because that's what is visible to all players...

...but if you want MY respect, you're going to have to do a bit more than try to make yourself look like a better player than you actually are by getting combat high. I check the high scores, and the high scores don't lie.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main gripe with Pest Control is that it requires

1. No Food

2. No Good Amour

3. No Risk

To get the fastest damn experience in the entire game for combat. I find this pretty annoying, as an RSC player, RS2 itself made it easy to level combat, I didn't mind that, I can accept change. I can't keep living in RSC, but Pest Control is just taking that too far.

I always thought using Guthan and whatnot to stay forever in training spots was pretty easy. Then Pest Control, you don't even need Guthan to train forever. All you need is some Initiate Armour, or something, with a whip to get the fastest exp in game.

It is too easy, it is too safe, it is too fast.

yea but the thing i love about pc... completely [bleep]ed people over who afked @ bandits with guthans on, i know of a few people who just tape they arrow keys down and leave their room while @ bandits...

and when i say leave the room i mean.. like for 5hours @ a time

I disagree with your saying that all Pest Controllers are noobs, as I myself have spent some time there for a bit of combat training. It's not an automatic noob-ifyer like training on experiments, or Pyramid Plunder...

There have always been combat noobs, it's not just because of PC. My 1630 total level at 92 combat is impressive compared to all the noobs that spend their whole accounts killing junk...

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

lol this seperates the people who dont like to click from the people who do,

people sitting with guthan while stepping away from the computer for 5 days true skill huh? trust me, pest control is VERY VERY boring, if you get to 126 combat with pest control, you click more than getting 91 runecrafting and 99 in many skills. funny part is, if pest control DID NOT have points then you would still get faster xp than most places.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I thought that even with agressive monsters, once your "near" their respawn area for 20 minutes, they stop being agressive as if the just got used to you being there.

I what I hear is true...then it would be impossible to afk train for 5 Hours+...

Exxageration possibly? :-k

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I hate people who judge based on combat...

Not all level 3's are "noobs", and not all player over 100 are rich or experienced. Hell, with rs2 the work to get level 100 is closer to the work needed to get maybe level 70-80 on rs1/rsc. Excluding afk/macro'ing of course.

Lagatag.png

the thing is pest control requires no risk..no fishing and cooking your food no mining or woodcutting or other skilling to get money for armor. less then 700 skill total and the melee and prayer for 118 is prob bout 400-500 skill totals so that meant that he had 100-200 noncombats...

but i'd have to say that this is an exception as most people use pest for a boost to level or at 90+ combat where they get a clan and most 90+ have a 1000+ total at least.

on a side note...

most f2p are most combat based then skills based and their are alot of people that train combat levels on f2p and come to members and do not know much about the game.

also i wouldn't bash pest control because it takes patience to do it to get the points to get 118 combat it gets boring and tireing and you have to deal with people that do not know how to play pest control..

yes pest control does cause more higher combat players with lower combat questions but they had that before but those peoples mostly kept to themselves and weren't little kids that just got their combat level to show off.

i know lots of runnons here lol.

StarViv.png

I disagree with this entirely. Why do people with high combat levels have to be extremely intelligent and resourceful? Even before PC there were plenty of higher levels who didn't know much about Runescape, or used chat speak, and so on. I don't really see where the connection is between combat and intelligence. Quite honestly, even before PC, the only thing combat really requires is the ability to click. After that, nothing really matters.

I find it very stereotypical to say that PC products are idiots. There are some who are not very resourceful and/or intelligent, and there are some who are. And vice versa as well (with non PC-products).

Thank you for saving my time by typing all of that out. :P

I completely agree, don't be so prejudice. I'm a level 72, I'm not a complete moron. I know level 120's and over tat have been playing for years, and they just wanted fast EXP.

Sure, this person was an idiot. That doesn't mean they all are.

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

I disagree with this entirely. Why do people with high combat levels have to be extremely intelligent and resourceful? Even before PC there were plenty of higher levels who didn't know much about Runescape, or used chat speak, and so on. I don't really see where the connection is between combat and intelligence. Quite honestly, even before PC, the only thing combat really requires is the ability to click. After that, nothing really matters.

I find it very stereotypical to say that PC products are idiots. There are some who are not very resourceful and/or intelligent, and there are some who are. And vice versa as well (with non PC-products).

Thank you for saving my time by typing all of that out. :P

I completely agree, don't be so prejudice. I'm a level 72, I'm not a complete moron. I know level 120's and over tat have been playing for years, and they just wanted fast EXP.

Sure, this person was an idiot. That doesn't mean they all are.

[sarcasm]I disagree. High levels are supposed to be the "kings" of runescape and know all things about it. PC has ruined it, made the people stupider.Som down with pc! its horrible![/sarcasm]

*Goes back to pc*

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

lol this seperates the people who dont like to click from the people who do,

people sitting with guthan while stepping away from the computer for 5 days true skill huh? trust me, pest control is VERY VERY boring, if you get to 126 combat with pest control, you click more than getting 91 runecrafting and 99 in many skills. funny part is, if pest control DID NOT have points then you would still get faster xp than most places.

funny how all the pc-products say that, nice 93 hits with them stats :lol: takes more skill than: get off tut, get a scim of each type, go play a minigame 100000 times. yep its boring, but new players like you can stand it because they want to get high levels in 2 months.

pc is boring as hell, every game is the same, id rather just do slayer/kill monsters to 99's and get alot of cash, speak to more people (at pc all you see is "get spinners neeb!" "we lost!" "level 88: new level 88+ world!"), and actually have fun rather than playing a boring minigame 100000 times.

I don't really care as I have seen let's say very "interesting" minds varying from lvl 3 to 126. Some peeps like to train only combat and some total and most both. If someone likes to play some minigame day after day only to boost their combat so let them do it, I personally haven't even ever been at pc. :P

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

Let us make a difference between different points:

1. That lv118 was a noob (or more exactly - a Hoob (high level noob)), not because he didnt know something, but because he is too lazy or dumb to open a map, a thing that he can do using an option on his main game screen.

And yes, we must admit it: RS is filled with that types. Those who will stand and hour in a bank, yelling: "need someone to take me to fally", but wont open the map, and so on.

The problem with both pc and akc methods, is that it help those noobs to become hoobs :-w

At least, afk methods requires some knowledge in the game: To afk at bendits, you need to know the desert to lay your hand on some god stuff. To afk in axe hut, you need to know deep wildy (and the lever that is found... ammm... in ardy :XD: ) - and you always in risk to get pked, or just be killed slowly buy the axes if you bring no stuff but a weapon or so.

and guthan set requires money, or many barrow trips.

The main problem with pc, is that it lacks any of those balance systems.

2. The fact that pc is "feeding the noobs" deosnt means that every pc'er is a noob, not at all.

My though is, that the all the blame falls on jagex that supplied that un-balanced train way, and not on the players who use the option - whether they are noobs or legit players. But the fact that its legit to grab an opportunity doesnt change the basic fact: The game is getting more and more easy, 6 years old friendly, and so - filled with both noobs and hoobs, crybabies and such.

while pc lures most of the flame, its not alone in this method of reward without risk, and "noob feeder" method:

1. The changes in lumbridge (fr33 stuff pl0x npcs and the over-easy facilities)

2. The pointless animal magnetism, makes arrows so easy to obtain.

3. The decision to make hunting skill so easy and fast training, without any danger or real difficulty (look mommy, I hunted a k33bit!!!!!1")

and more... all goes to the same direction.

So:

1. a Noob is what he is, not because he takes the short way to train, but because he is lazy and stupid (no metter what is combat level is).

2. The blame of pc is that he turnes too many Noobs into Hoobs, without letting them matture and face difficulties. It does not stand alone, but represents jugex current approach.

3. Jagex is to be blamed, and not the people who use the tools given to them. Pc should be never created this way (it should have been created as high risk - real danger of death), but since it was created, I cant blame legit players who use it, though I personaly hate that minigame.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

Guest Exkarotis

+1, Says it all.

Oh and to the above, I don't see you with 99 hunter.

I don't really like pc since you hardly get hits exp

and for the pc products: I mostly own higher combat with my total lvl :)

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I thought that even with agressive monsters, once your "near" their respawn area for 20 minutes, they stop being agressive as if the just got used to you being there.

I what I hear is true...then it would be impossible to afk train for 5 Hours+...

Exxageration possibly? :-k

If you wear a Zamorak or Saradomin item at bandits, they attack you indefinitely.

All of the people who are talking about fletching and cooking becoming "nothing" skills and "worthless" 99's... what worth do you see in the same thing with 56 clicks instead of 2? I don't see the achievement in click on lobster-click on range, click on lobster-click on range. In my opinion, training skills should not be mindless, mind-numbing clicking for hours on end. Either a skill should be fun to train so that the high levels just come about naturally (training Cooking, Fletching, and Firemaking through Trouble Brewing, for example, if you enjoy that game), or should be decently afk-able so you can get something constructive (even if it's just watching television or cleaning up a room) done in the meantime. That's why I despise mining- you are wasting hours and hours of your life pointing and clicking. Some people like the "challenge" of doing a pointless task without variety 100,000+ times, but I don't. If RS was a perfect game, every skill would be actually fun to train, playing mini-games or going on adventures while using your skills, raising them in the process. RS is not a perfect game, however, so few skills are like that.

That episode is just a sad example. That high a lvl not knowing where Ardougne is, is just plain sad.

Not all PC-product are noobs. Often it is just pures who have a high combat main..

PC is just wrong because it gives people the opportunity to get almost impossible stats (99 hp, def, ranged and magic)

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

I've used PC a couple of times. But quite frankly it's boring. The same old thing each and everytime. When training slayer atleast there is some variety.

I've played since classic yet I don't have a combat over 100 (kinda sad but oh well). The first thing I did when becoming a member (oh so long ago) was to explore the world. What do you think people do now? RUSH to Pest Control and probably gain about 5 combat levels in a day or something rediculous.

RSC wasn't the best system with the constant clicking but there was in some ways a decent community. No scrap that, there was an excellent community. Unfortunately with the influx of people from miniclip and such sites Runescape has gone far too downhill for me.

High-level updates have gone out of the window and the Jagex people just seem to adding more low-level member stuff to entice foolish 12 year olds to part with their money.

Going back to the very first post something funny like that happened to me. I was walking from Catherby to Ardounge (I felt like walking) and this absolute noob was following me. About level 80 but in the worst gear imaginable and I had my chat off so I really didn't care about him. I get to ardounge and I decide to see what he wants. "Take me to Falador"....

Honestly.

asrhasrh.jpg