Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

Going by the original post, there really are no admirable skill capes.

"All it takes is patience and a lot of clicking" - That describes the entire game. I have 99 Fletching, Cooking, Strength and a Quest Cape. I worked hard for all of them. I did not "buy levels" but I did trade my cooked for raws and my completed bows for supplies. I wouldn't say that getting 99 Strength was any tougher than getting 99 Fletching or Cooking though. All I did was clicked on monsters and food until my Strength was 99. There are very few levels you can't "buy" which include Strength, Attack, Defence, Hitpoints, Mining, Woodcutting and Hunter. Everything else is "buyable" via runes, arrows, ores, bars, gems, leathers/hides, etc.

If I were to name a least admiriable skill cape based on the starting post of this thread I'd say it was Prayer. I can buy 42k - 47k Dragon bones and get 99 Prayer in a few days, but I'd rather earn my levels than buy them.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most admirable skill cape is slayer because its one of the slowest skills and you cant buy it. Hp is the next most admirable despite someone calling it a parasite skill, because u get 1.33xp for each hit u get on a monster. I got 93 att, 94 str, 97 def isong focuse and nearly 99 range using rapid before i got 99 hp.

The least admirable skill as many pointed out is cooking because u can buy thousands of raw lobsters, cook them and sell them for a minor lost in money. Crafting is easiest to raise after cook, fletch and fm if you have like 40 mill + but no one raises it cause it cause so much and u dont have anything after lv 90 onyx ammy.

heres a the number of people with lv99 in each skill today for reference

att 20k

def 12k

str 23k

hp 14k

range 7k

prayer 3k

mage 8k

cook 23k

wc 8k

fletch 23k

fish 3k

fm 4k

craft 1k

smith 731

mining 292

herb 280

agility 525

thieve 2k

slayer 436

farm 371

rc 334

hunter 1k

construct 235

I was surprise that fm had only 4k people with lv99, i expected more after so many people describing it not admirable.

We also have to remember that some skills are f2p and thats why more people have lv99.

and just because u have 99 in 1 skill doesnt mean ur gonna buy the cape or wear it.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

i have to agree with practically everyone cooking,fletching and firemaking are far too easy to get to the point where i believe they have no value as a 99 any more. as for the other common ones (atk,str,def and hp) i would say they are still admirable because alot more work has to go into them and they are alot slower even with pc, for people like me who did it all without pc it takes even more time lol. to be honest i don't admire thieving either cause it is really easy, just cause not many ppl have it doesn't mean it's hard.

i also realise i just discredited pratically all my high levels lol but why not

2.png

I think the most admirable cape would be an untrimmed slayer cape. I have never seen a slayer kape, let alone an untrimmed one.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

who ever said quest cape is a :^o its one of the few non-combat skillcapes you cant buy your way to you have to do Every quest in the game which involves alot of time and patience (mornings end part 2 / one small favor) there are several quests that are frustrating :wall: as can be its probably the most non- borring way for a cape ever thats why theres so many of them

ford20060.png

I don't respect the QUEST CAPE! soooo many people have it. you don't have to have any skills at 99, or even above 70.

with the amount of xp required to get 1 skill to 99, you can get almost 18 skills to level 70.

also cooking, fletching, fishing, woodcutting and firemaking. is there an echo in here? :P

there are several I admire more than others:

hunter (just my favorite cape :) )

construction (sure, its buyable, but for like 200 million...)

herblore/farming (again, buyable, but herb takes forever and farming, well, it either costs a ton w/ mage seeds, or takes forever with all the growing time)

slayer (earns xp like hp, but not automatically like hp)

prayer (again, buyable, but time-consuming)

runecrafting (the ULTIMATE grind-it-out cape. no shortcuts, no fast-xp minigames. this one takes dedication)

I appreciate combat capes, because I know they can take a while, but they're really pretty common.

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

In the end, none of them mean anything. No matter what skill one does, it's the same idea. Herblore and fletcching are the exact same skill, Fishing and woodcutting are the same, attack, defense, mage, range, hp, strength, and slayer are all the same exact skill.

In the end, it doesn't take "skill" to get one of these, it just takes time. I doubt any of you people actually "play" the game, you just let the game run while you're on youtube, or these forums, or just watching TV. Hell, the quest cape is the only one respectable, at least you have to pay attention to get that.

I would Love to see someone buy their way to 99 herblore...Its the most expensive and hardest to achieve. Praise to those that have made their goal honestly. Your cape is well deserved.

:D

Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams For Some Day They Will Come True.

Going by the original post, there really are no admirable skill capes.

"All it takes is patience and a lot of clicking" - That describes the entire game. I have 99 Fletching, Cooking, Strength and a Quest Cape. I worked hard for all of them. I did not "buy levels" but I did trade my cooked for raws and my completed bows for supplies. I wouldn't say that getting 99 Strength was any tougher than getting 99 Fletching or Cooking though. All I did was clicked on monsters and food until my Strength was 99. There are very few levels you can't "buy" which include Strength, Attack, Defence, Hitpoints, Mining, Woodcutting and Hunter. Everything else is "buyable" via runes, arrows, ores, bars, gems, leathers/hides, etc.

If I were to name a least admiriable skill cape based on the starting post of this thread I'd say it was Prayer. I can buy 42k - 47k Dragon bones and get 99 Prayer in a few days, but I'd rather earn my levels than buy them.

u forgot fishing it is impossible to buy fishin exp and u can buy food for cb :x

also u can get 3 skill capes easily wc fletch mage

first cut alot till u get 99 then u fletch the logs to longs then u high alch the longs :thumbsup:

hojhak.png

tryin to get 99 fishin and every dwep

and i love fishin

and STILL people are echoing cooking and fletching, and now with a new one, quest capes...

is anyone going to give a logical reason why they shouldn't be admired?

making this a hot topic (again?) was probably the worst thing to do to it, as there are less intelligent answers now than there were before...

here's a reason not to respect mining:

chances are, you 99ed it through powermining granite, which is 50, 60, or 75 exp at 45 mining. for 99, you have to mine between 175k and 212k at 60 mining. powerfishing at 60 is trout at 20 and salmon at 60. using those you'll go between 182k and 255k from 60, AND add the cost of feathers. for fishing, you'll bank the salmon, as they can be cooked and then sold. for granite, you'll drop them and move on. it takes longer to fish because of banking time, where in mining you can just constantly mine your granite.

for slayer:

you gain 10k exp hourly, sure, but with lunar spells you can easily just get a new task without your character moving his/her pixelated rear to chaeldar/duradel. anyone with extreme patience or a love for combat can easily become attached to this skill, and all the while make money while doing it. you'll take a long time doing it, only because players have not found a way to cheat and powerlevel it.

for farming:

most people have a warped version of this skill that involves planting a magic tree and repeatedly letting it die. that way of powercheating-powerlevelling eliminates the purpose and fun of the skill. by all means, respect anyone who farms with allointments, herbs, and the occasional fruit tree, but if they used the above method of powerfarming, they can't really call themselves a farmer, juat as much as people say you aren't a good cook/fletcher if you bought the supplies.

for runecraft:

you hardly need to move if you're not in it for profit. let other people do the walking and you can pretty much make thousands of laws/airs/nats/fires daily. if i'm not mistaken, the exp hourly for air crafting with lots of runners is more than that of the current fletching, and with less clicking. let's all bash runecraft for being too fast, eh?

right then, nobody's probably going to read it if we have people here saying the quest cape is easy, but still. the whole point of this is to:

debate it!

debates are not made with single sentence answers!

I think the quest skill cape is the only one there's no way to power lvl your way through quests or buy your way though some of those mem. quests are killer long and annoying :wall: . ( morning ends pt. 1 and 2)

you go players with quest skill capes =D> =D> =D>

\' \' \'

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles-Hamlet

and STILL people are echoing cooking and fletching, and now with a new one, quest capes...

is anyone going to give a logical reason why they shouldn't be admired?

making this a hot topic (again?) was probably the worst thing to do to it, as there are less intelli- [blah blah blah] -ing the quest cape is easy, but still. the whole point of this is to:

debate it!

debates are not made with single sentence answers!

No!

I think that the woodcutting cape is very admirable.

I have 16.5 million experience in woodcutting and most of it is from magic logs.

I beleive it's only nice if you actually worked for it instead of the "powertraining"

dbeastsig2.gif

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

I'm pretty sure that everyone with a quest cape has achieved at least 13mil total exp so thats like one 99 skill on its own. plus they need to constantly do new quest every time they come out to keep wearing it. i'd say its a bit less boring to get than any other achievement cape, but its still just as long of a process if said person is starting at lvl 3.

i think the least admirable skill cape is the cookling because its so easy to make gain lvl you do like 300 lobsters and get the lvl 65 so you do 5k lobs and get lvl 98.

Actually you need to cook 4,734 lobsters to get from 40 to 68 (that's when you stop burning with gauntlets, not at 65), then another 103,579 to get to 99 (I assume that's what you meant, not 98...). It might be easy, but its dreadfully boring to cook over and over... You can do something else while you do it, but still, it takes a lot of motivation to stay in Rogue's Den for that long... :wall:

i think the least admirable skill cape is the cookling because its so easy to make gain lvl you do like 300 lobsters and get the lvl 65 so you do 5k lobs and get lvl 98.

Actually you need to cook 4,734 lobsters to get from 40 to 68 (that's when you stop burning with gauntlets, not at 65), then another 103,579 to get to 99 (I assume that's what you meant, not 98...). It might be easy, but its dreadfully boring to cook over and over... You can do something else while you do it, but still, it takes a lot of motivation to stay in Rogue's Den for that long... :wall:

and yet, it's more admirable to sit at the bandit camp with saradomin legs, occasionally switching off to zamorak, for enough time to get you 99 in attack, defence, etc., even though at the level you'd be doing that, you're pretty safe, and there isn't much effort..

yes there is an echo in here, fletching, fm and cooking are sooo easy to get

the one i respect most is slayer, i tried slayer one week and by the end of that week i was lvl 22, and slayer was all i did that weeek :P

the attack cape is the most morose thing ive ever seen, albeit the only one ive ever seen is on colossus' sig(sorry, but these things have to be said)

by far and away prayer cape is the best looking, and the animations quite cool if u like that sort of thing :D

My Goal Signature

and yet, it's more admirable to sit at the bandit camp with saradomin legs, occasionally switching off to zamorak, for enough time to get you 99 in attack, defence, etc., even though at the level you'd be doing that, you're pretty safe, and there isn't much effort..

we have to remember that many people got their combat 99s with myself included without the use of bandits, pc or other fast ways of training.

I think slayer deserves the most respect although smithing is a very close second (overrated i know but it's just a brilliant 99). The least admirable is fletching. Since the String X update it is much, much easier than cooking IMO.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

The ONLY skill cape that I see that has any meaning of GREAT achievement is Farming.

Well what about slayer? Well it is slow and boring, but you can do it faster then you can do farming.

Farming is boring, takes ALOT of time and is slow.

Edit: You can buy 99 smithing, it does take time tho and is a great achievement, but you can't go out and buy 99 farming. :thumbsup:

~Bonus.

Bonus_Track.png

we have to remember that many people got their combat 99s with myself included without the use of bandits, pc or other fast ways of training.

I think slayer deserves the most respect although smithing is a very close second (overrated i know but it's just a brilliant 99). The least admirable is fletching. Since the String X update it is much, much easier than cooking IMO.

there are probably also people who got their 99s in cooking and fletching by actually working the appropriate skill as well. that bandit part is an example of the easy way out, like someone buying sharks would be.

congratulations if you 99 your skills the way it was intended, although you can hardly call it an achievement if you took the easiest way possible, and compare it to someone who fished/woodcutted the supplies.