Do you report your friends?

Perakp

If they break the rules than yes. Just because they are your friends doesn't mean they are exempt from the rules.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaia, you may or may not know about the whole infamous Spud and Buddybear santa incident. I'll let spud let out whatever he wants about it, but suffice it to say, he's already had a chance to excersise judgement about this sort of thing. And may I also add that his decision caused him to gain respect in my eyes, not lose it.

But then you don't know the whole story and so are in no place to judge Buddy.

And if they sold items for cash, maybe. Depends who it was, for other minor rules no. I have reported what i beleived to be a freind for scamming me a few years ago, and for an attempted scamming on me too.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

dont have any internet friends..... i think its sad in my opinion, if they are your friend you should have seen them -.- (not saying that you cant meet a friend on the iternet, but imo they are not a friend until i met them)

By friend. I meant, we train together or talk occasionally online. They are a friend in the sense of a outer outer circle friend.

av33318.png

hmm..... sort of in a little pridicament like this myself,

my friend1, (won't name, no need) hacked my friend2's cousin cause friend 2's cousin had been giveing a load of BLEEP over msn, and for no reason, and because friend2 didn't know friend1's password, yet knew mine, don't know how, must have seen my pass over my shoulder or something he hacked me to get back at friend 1, so i lost my main, 10m+ stuff, and have 1400+ total lv, and a combat lv 99 :? :( :evil: :cry: ,

and i can not report friend2 because i have no actual evidence that it was him, i only know because he has been bragging about it all over school, saying it was this girl he knows hacked some one, level 100, and that she gave him her old account cause she didn't need it, and she gave him 7 m cash and a ranger set :( , and because i have no online evidence it was him who did it i can not do any thng about it :( :? :cry:

as for the question

swearing:no way

irl trading:not if it was like a couple of mill, not like d chains or something

scamming:if it was not so big, no

bug abuse:no way

any help would be appriciated :D

R.I.P badboyjoe1, hacked and stolen, aged 2.5 years, 1401 total lv and over 14 m net worth.

sir%20drake%2055.gif

no. <--the famous one word answer.

Even if your best friend scammed you for that fancy santa you're wearing in your sig?

Nope, i'd just hunt him down irl and beat the poop out of him. Thats how I roll. :ohnoes:

Someone did steal his santa.. and You didn't find him IRL and beat the poop outta him :lol: ..Even tho he got you another #-o ::'

First, depends on how you define "friend".

Second, I'm under no "legal" obligation to report someone, so I rarely do. If it's highly annoying, a scam (either for me or for some other player), or highly offensive then I'll report.

I'm also more likely to report if you're being a jerk (either to me or to some other player) and you break the rules while doing that.

Let's not conflate the Jagex rules with some monumental moral code. I really don't care what you do as long as it's not hurting me or some other player. Doesn't mean that I break the rules, just that I don't particularly care if you do.

I really dunno whether I'd report them. It would be more a question for me if they still would be friends. But I highly doubt if they would.

But that also depends if they IRL friends, friend known by another online game, or friends from RS.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

The way I see it, is there are three different groups of 'friends'.

1 - People I know IRL - I have only one of who plays runescape.

2 - People I know from the game, and only in-game, or on messenger.

3 - The above but I dont really like them, just talk to them for the sake of it.

1: Offensive Language 1N 2N 3Y

2: Item Scamming 1N (I'de just punch him :P) 2Y 3Y

3: Password Scamming 1N (Same as above) 2Y 3Y

4: Bug Abuse 1N 2N 3Y

5: Jagex Staff Impersonation 1N 2N 3Y

6: Account Sharing/Trading 1N 2N 3N

7: Macroing 1N 2N 3N - Chances are, they'll lose their account anyways through keyloggers or Jagex's detection things so I dont need to do anything.

8: Multiple Logging In - 1N 2N 3N

9: Encouraging Others To Break Rules - 1N 2N 3Y

10: Misuse of Customer Support - 1N 2N 3N - I dont even get how this works to be honest.

11: Advertising / Website - 1N 2N 3N - If you're stupid enough to use websites that people tell you, knowing the risks, then your problem.

12: Real World Item Trading - 1N 2N 3N

13: Asking for Personal Details 1N 2N 3N - However, I'de be suspicious if the person I know IRL was asking me, 'cause he already knows everything, and with the second two cases, I dunno how much i'de tell them, but you cal easily just ignor the person so IMO this is a pointless rule. :S

Anyways, I hope that made sence to you guys. :P

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

no it would be like me going to the government and telling them that my friend smoked and sold pot.

(but i would sell him out if he was a terrorist \' )

of course i dont have alot of friends that would fit this catagory..the terrorist part not the pot part.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

omg you guys have just helped me so much. during the summer, i smelted steel for for this guy around my level who said his main got banned. he said he had 5m so im like "cool nice comeback". what i didn't realize is why his main got banned. several months later around september (he on a new name) pms me saying "my main got banned again". i didn't ask why though. now, one week ago, he said "come to varrock my world ill give u 60k for the smithing you did". i though not bad and accepted. as i asked him out of curiousity how muh money he had, he told me 4.6m :shock: . amazing comeback from a banning in just a few months. i ask him how he obtained his riches. wanna know his reply?

SCAMMING. yup thats right, my trusted friend/employer had his accs banned from scamming. and to make things worse, during the summer i added his pker's name. now i see them on at the same time alot in the same world-- could only be trouble. i haven't reported him at all yet but i think i will if i can get a little first-hand proof on him. and to make things EVEN worser (i did that on purpose for no reason) my rl friend got his main acc muted for a week or month (not sure) and now he is multilogging with a noob name and his main so he can talk and train at the same time. I"M LIKE A BAD PERSON MAGNET!

if you have read this far bravo and happy new years eve!

It's a simple question, but are you able to give a simple answer to it?

Do you report your friend when he scams your whip?

Ofcourse you do, he scammed you and deserves to be banned! He ain't your friend anymore!

What about when your friend has found a cool bug and abuses it? Or has just sold his santa for irl cash and now brags about it to you? Do you dare to end your long friendship and report him, even when he hasn't done anything against you? And when you do, do you tell him "Reported!" or just keep it quiet?

Recently my good old friend bought himself a new account with irl cash. He didn't tell me that it was bought, but I found it out easily. And yes, I'm 100% sure that it's bought :( He told that it was his old account from 3 years back and now started to play with it. Pretty weird though, that account had 85 slayer when slayer didn't even exist 3 years ago!

Is it 'allowed' to report friends? And if your friend reported you and you got ~3 day ban, how would you react?

Thx for your answers :)

Well i didnt read any of the replies, but mate why do you care if ur friend bought an account eh? Furthermore why would u care so much as to get him banned?

In my opinion this is pure jelousy im sorry to say. Him having this 85 slayer account doesnt make you any worse off. Be happy for him or be upset with jagex inability to take action against ppl selling and buying accounts. It is not ur duty by any means to report your friends and rat them out no matter what jagex sayz.

The examples u mentioned are totally different to this one...In the first case we are dealing with someone who just pretends to be your friend but really isnt...in the second u have a person ( ur friend) treating others like they are scum. Ur friend did neither. Rules about hacking and scamming were established to protect players from other players, rule about real life trading only has one objective. To protect the game itself, in other words to protect the interests of game developers.

The most i would do in ur case is to simply tell him that you cant be friends with him no more because him buying an account just bothers you too much. That you will still keep him added on his old account but want no bussines with the bought account.

Anwayz i know i dont want to have friends who would ever report me if i would by some mysterious coincidence break any of the rules. Would u want friends like that?

Scam is it. Or like lure me or something, other than something to hurt me, no.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

if i find out they're scamming, macroing, real life trading, or any other offence thats not offensive language i'll report

even if it doesnt affect me why should i let it happen to others? (i'll only report for offensive language if it keeps happening repetedly)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg