All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

So..this strider is gonna change ss so that it will be legal? Has jagex confirmed this?

no but apparent "strider" has

Well surely the people saying that its legal now are wrong?

It'll only be legal when jagex confirm that strider made it legal

From what I understand Jagex will not officially announce that SS is legal, it will just have to follow their guidelines. This whole problem could be solved rather easily if Jagex would support fan sites instead of trying to minimize them. :roll:

jagex will not accknowledge that ss is leagel... for he wont mention the name of of thrid party clients... so people stay on main game... but he has put out guideline on how to correctlty make a client... meaning that strider will fix ss to make it appropriate and leagel in runescape terms... but as of right now its not leagel

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone can expect an update out sometime this weekend. Till then you are free to use the current SS as it has been made clear to me that no one is in danger of getting banned, nor has anyone been banned directly for using SS.

So yeah, SS is legal to use once more.

People SS is still ILLEGAL at this point in time! I have proof, I asked Mod Marvin in world 27. I have a screenie to prove it.

modmarvindz4.png

SS is Illegal until stated otherwise in the Sticky on the Runescape official forums.

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

Old Runescape Character: Izup69 combat level 98 hacked by some idiot.

Right now it is still banned from use. The only problem is that a new update to it will make it legal to use again.

A very poor call on Jagex's part. A very poor call indeed.

How am I to feel once the rules, which tens of thousands have been BANNED for, are being circumvented in 48 hours? :(

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

We Won!!!!!!!

That's about all I have to say about that. :)

And for all you who were against it...

http://www.yougotowned.com/you

Edit: Aww, It doesn't work anymore... :cry:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Right now it is still banned from use. The only problem is that a new update to it will make it legal to use again.

How am I to feel once the rules, which tens of thousands have been BANNED for, are being circumvented in 48 hours? :(

this just shows how easy people can be swayed... and the riots (i did not participate... was fishing :thumbsup: )did help with that! because the servers were under alot of strain and jagex was under pressure... but weldone ss'ers... you got your way

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

this just shows how easy people can be swayed... and the riots (i did not participate... was fishing :thumbsup: )did help with that! because the servers were under alot of strain and jagex was under pressure... but weldone ss'ers... you got your way

I was soooo there! lol, although I did get muted within a few hours lol. #-o

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

Personally, I went up and PK'ed with Crystal Bow for a few hours...

DDS and D Scimmy Loot! FTW ::'

Vitafides.jpeg

Personally, I went up and PK'ed with Crystal Bow for a few hours...

DDS and D Scimmy Loot! FTW ::'

You almost killed me! :shame: Then you died, phew! But yea I posted a screenie of you dieing in the old sticky on here for the first Rule 7 and 9 update.

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

Grr... this is still nuts.

Unless there is a sticky about it in the RS Official Forums, from what I am reading, the WinXP internal programs named "On-Screen Keyboard" and "MouseKeys" were illegal after the update are still now illegal...

Somebody get in touch with a J-Mod. Answers are needed.

There are people out there, such as the old and/or disabled, who need the two programs I have mentioned to be able to do anything with their PCs.

BTW, I personally am not disabled in a physical manner that would not require those programs, and I have played the game in a fully legal manner (as in no third-party clients) for the time I have been on RuneScape (one-and-a-half years), but I seriously have an honest concern for those who would need even just one of those two programs. So don't even think of flaming me.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You think that ten of thousands of people have been banned for using SS?

:-k

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

There was J-Mod in world 27 in Falador. You can check and see if he is still there.

Dude, 27 is Members. I'm only a mere F2P!!! <.<

Maybe you could take my question to the J-Mod, PLEASE? :-s

[bTW, this is the problem with F2P not being able to use official forums!]

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Well I think this update is bogus. it stinks. RIP SS.

Anyway, I ran out to Ice Plateau in Level 52 Wild too see what was going on there and I ran into Trojann2 and Cdub Foo. They both tried killing me, but I got muted today #-o so I couldn't hyt them lol. Then Trojann died.

trojannxa9.png

Heres some shots from world 27. Jagex Mod Jolley was there. :ohnoes: It was pretty funny because He got the frog random and was turned into a frog, I didn't know J Mods could get randoms. :-k

Lol Mod Jolley claims the message query's are not automated.

jolleytelllsuntruthtt9.png

I have other shots I just don't have time to post them.

Wow! Sweet!!

Me dieing!! *saves to computer*

Vitafides.jpeg

There was J-Mod in world 27 in Falador. You can check and see if he is still there.

Dude, 27 is Members. I'm only a mere F2P!!! <.<

Maybe you could take my question to the J-Mod, PLEASE? :-s

[bTW, this is the problem with F2P not being able to use official forums!]

~Mr. Devnull

I posted your problem on the Official Runescape forums and someone replied with this...

"legolas8d, i think these are fine to use since they are disability features...

i use the on screne keyboard whenever typing Passwords when i think i might have a keylogger, or am accessing my bank online.

i know people who log into rs using this just in case.

what it hink they mean, are programs that simulate keypresses or mouse clicks, and can do it while you are AFK.

if you have to still press a mouse button to type a letter, or vice versa, then your not macroing. You are very much not AFK."

Hope this helps you.

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

The only thing I could ask for would be a direct link to the article on the RS Official Forum, please?

~Mr. Devnull

Sad, very sad ...

All i can scream now is "JAGEX NURSE ME OMG@@@@@@@@@@ PROTECT me @@@@@@@@" seriously... i'm 18 years old and i don't need them to tell me what's safe and what's not.

Swiftswitch in particular was a GREAT program to play Rs on. Irc is a fun way to interact with people.

Now what i'm mostly bothered about, they take away 3rd party clients BUT offer no alternatives ... they give us a rs client which is totally rubbish and is just a window loading runescape.com in (LMAO) ...

Just bloody pathetic how they OVERprotect us.

I have been using SS for over a year WITHOUT troubleshooting, can't say that about jagex their custumor support to be completely honest

indeed, my little 12 year old brother at home even knows how to keep safe. I've never used SS, general because when I read up on it there were many many differing accounts as to whether it was legal or not.

still I think anyone who gets hacked by using software took a chance anyway. Pretty much everyone knows SS is legitimate, and contains nothing malicious, so JaGEx shouldn't worry.

On another forum, everyone is cussing out JaGEx for how stupid they are. all this has done has convinced MORE people how poor their skills are.

I like (in the previously posted screen shots of the rally in Falador) how they are inviting everyone to send in thousands of letters to the customer care center. hopefully we can bring it back. JaGEx must see the error of their ways!

not like they care or even want to listen to our views...

tipitlessersigea3.png

The only thing I could ask for would be a direct link to the article on the RS Official Forum, please?

~Mr. Devnull

Yes I will find it, just a second.

Edit: The runescape forums do not have different URLs for posts, so all I could get was a screenie of the guys post.

proofqm0.png

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

Even I used SS..Over half of runescape uses SS. Have you seen how many downloads it has on the Zybez site? its over 750,000 I think. It was an amazing program and I'm sad to see it go. I think ALOT of people are going to be complaining on the main site about this.

SS IS SAFE. I've scanned it and I scan it every update. I've never had any trouble with it. If you download it from the main Zybez website it is perfectly safe.

I think Jagex needs to make a client like SS. With simple world switching and all.

Hear hear! I agree with Wakka on this one. Are they afraid of simple little competition?

I Agree with Wakka. I've scanned SS and I've gotten nada. And it doesn't even let you switch world faster. If a world is full it retrys to get on every 5 seconds, I can do it faster than that going back and forth from the detail screen to world screen. This is such cabbage.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Just wondering...

To all of you who choose not to use SS, why don't you?

(And don't say "because it's illegal." It will be legal this weekend and it was legal prior to the rule-change)

Because we somehow manage to sum up the energy to click the "World Select" button at the top of the screen.

Seriously, okay. You're slightly inconvinienced, get over it and get a life. This barely changes ANYTHING.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.