Obsidian Cape, a waste?

naimo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice when you don't have a fire cape and have money to spare, but else I'd much rather wear an achievement cape. If it weren't for my ub3r 133t f1re c4pe!!!1

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

For looks I prefer Legends much more than obby cape. Obby cape is...yeah, just a way for combat 60s to 30s telling everyone "I'm rich."(personal opinion)

By the way I got 3 obby cape drops in 2 days :thumbsup: .

skaterlam.png

I realize that hellbellz but i'm asking why would you pay 199k more for +2 defence

if you were rich enough to care about having the extra +2 on each why wouldnt you? what would you buy with an extra 199 350 gp that you couldnt make the money in like half an hour anyway. plus the fact thats its not really so much +2 extra on the legends cape stats as a total +10 or something when you add it all together.

maybe you should be asking...why would people waste 900k or more on charging a crystal bow fully, and like a million on pots and extra armour and stuff , just for the extra "+2" the fire cape has over the obby cape..... : its the same thing exept you'd have even more of a point... an extra 2 million or so for just +2 on each of your def stats :shock:

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

I realize that hellbellz but i'm asking why would you pay 199k more for +2 defence

if you were rich enough to care about having the extra +2 on each why wouldnt you? what would you buy with an extra 199 350 gp that you couldnt make the money in like half an hour anyway. plus the fact thats its not really so much +2 extra on the legends cape stats as a total +10 or something when you add it all together.

maybe you should be asking...why would people waste 900k or more on charging a crystal bow fully, and like a million on pots and extra armour and stuff , just for the extra "+2" the fire cape has over the obby cape..... : its the same thing exept you'd have even more of a point... an extra 2 million or so for just +2 on each of your def stats :shock:

even the answer to that is still the same as some others every stat boost helps, when i get my fire cape those stats will help me for duel/staking and if i eventuall pk

if it gets me the best stats i can possibly have than i'd spend that extra bit more to get them

A servant to your dreams, this blood will spill

sigku3.jpg

Every bonus in combat is a good bonus I say.

Lot's of lower levels 80 and below use it as it's cheaper then getting a 99 skill, or getting a fire cape.

I'd rather 109+ def bonus then 105 ;)

Jaskkes.png

i think people who wears obby capes are only doing it because it looks cool. and somehow it tells "i got a lot of money because i have to most expensive cape in the game ..."

i stick to legends cape !

f_06dec221i_19b8m_d945699f.png

I do agree that the cape is perhaps overpriced. I have an obby cape. But I didn't buy it - it was a drop.

The marketplace is strange, and the Legends Cape doesn't get nearly the props it deserves.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I'd buy it because I would end up selling it after a month or two. I would not risk it in wildy, but would be willing to use it anywhere else. I guess 250k would be worth spending on it because it's not exactly easy to lose unless you die a lot to npcs :anxious:

nope not a waste at all,

i can pretty much sell it back for the 200k price i bought it for anyway. its not like the price of obby capes chage every week. its only a waste if you buy it then die, but then everything in runescape you die with is w waste <3:

I noticed this 2, the new 99 capes are just as good, but when you think about it, you did ALL that work to get them, so in fact, the 99 cape may be more expensive...

But it is easy to get 99 fletchign, all you need is money, and time, then, cheap obby cape!

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

It's not much money at all, you can feel those 2+ that in the end are like 8+. I just never feel comfortable figthing with armor that is giving me lower stats then what I usually have, it's weird.