Should F2p get MORE bank space?

Fencal

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, about 80% of the F2P bank can be taken up by random event items, so yeah they need more bank space. :lol:

at most double it thoughm its still only about one tenth of what members have, but it makes it much more managable. ::'

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

Good: room for skilling supplies, room for a set of fancy armor/holiday items

Bad: Jagex will get more people then ever sticking with runescape and becoming sad addicts and becoming members and naming their accounts katakid1.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

I'm F2P, and though I'm ALWAYS short bank space I honestly don't think we should be given any. Bank space is such a great incentive for P2P, why would Jagex give us more and make us content with F2P. Their whole plan is to give us a taste of RS and then once we get into the game and start reaching the limits of F2P (such as bank space) to give us an option for a more complete game (P2P.) I don't plan to get members any time soon, probably not at all, and I'm feeling the limits of F2P, but that's just what Jagex wants to have happen, and who am I to disagree?

My two cents,

n8myton

4mu2n3o.jpg

taking a break

• 3 weeks later...
Holiday items can be obtained again from Diango, so there's no need to actually store them in the bank.

I think we should because we have all these random event things crowding up our bank that we have very little room.

Here is an example of my banks

Zombie:Head, torso, legs, gloves, boots

Mime: Head

Drill demon:Camo top

Frogs:Head, both pieces

Gems:Sapphires, emeralds, rubies, diamonds

Equipment:Coif, Dragon hide body, legs, vambraces, mage ammys, defense ammys, strength ammys, power ammys, rune axe, adamant axe, air staff, fire staff, maple short, skull scepter, salmon

Runes:Air, water, earth, fire, chaos, laws, natures, cosmics, deaths, minds, bodies

I still have a few, but this takes up a whopping 40 spaces! Don't forget that some players have full mime and camo. If they're training a skill, they have a mere 2 or 1 slots for items.

mememe513.png

Why don't they double ( that might be a bit much) the bank space but add a second add banner? F2P would then be generating more income for Jagex and make up for anyone that decides not to got P2P due to the increased bank space. It doesn't affect P2P at all how much space F2P gets. I don't see how they can say it wouldn't be fair for them to get more space, it's not as if even a single member would decide to go back to F2P over more bank space.

As for the argument that F2P don't deserve more space, I have to say that if it wasn't for F2P skillers generating all the raw materials members wouldn't be able to play as they do currently, for such a large part they play for the economy more bank space is the least they deserve.

i may be a member but my pure is a nonmember and i can rarely fit my pk's in my bank so i think f2p need more bank space

Yogee30.gif

Yogee30.png

Barrows drops - 1

Dragon drops - 0 =(

I don't have very much luck if u hadn't noticed.

I think f2p needs more bank space, it's hard enough trying to train all my skills. Rcing, maging, smithing, mining, etc.

I've run out of room constantly, especially once i fish and cook.

Not only that, I've had to pitch my rune baxe since I ran outta room.

So, yes to 4+ spaces for f2p. Maybe give P2p another row.

And, there's something else everyone should be looking at.

F2P bank space advocacy!

The author of this one explains it quite clearly.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Ill agree that F2P NEEDS more bankspace.

But I do not believe that they should get it. If you want more space get members tbh :P

P.S. Don't call me a hater noob on F2P because I have been F2P for alot longer then I have been a member tbh, all I need space for in F2P is cash, armour, logs, ores and bars, and I have 2 lines left.

Jaskkes.png

I'm a stickler for having everything in my bank, brown apron, chefs hat etc.

Because i hate running around trying to find something when i needit.

In fact I have completely run out of space in my bank when I thought of this,

Leave a lvl 3 in all of the major banks around F2P, Varrok Lumby Falador Draynor Al Kharid Edgeville.

Leave Mining gear at falador noob.

ranging with edgeville noob.

scimmmy with lumby/al kharid noob.

armor at varrok.

and woodcut+rune ess (water rune crafting) at draynor.

this is probably against many rules, so don't tell the popo!!

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

I think F2P doesn't really need more bankspace but a place (like diango) to get your random event clothes back

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

basically, f2p will be quiet for a while, then start whining again, and less members for a while, then back to normal

so basically jagex gets nothing really out of giving more bankspace to f2p except they show their weakness to listening to small calls of the non-paying community

im f2p, and i dont think we need bankspace, gotta fone? u know those cruddy trials on them? ya rs f2p is like an ownage version of that junk, f2p is an amazing trial version, be happy with it

-btw seriously, what do u need all the banksapce for, send me a pic and i can tell u wat u dont need(as in 1 of every ore/tiara/food/log and so on..)

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

I'm a stickler for having everything in my bank, brown apron, chefs hat etc.

Because i hate running around trying to find something when i needit.

In fact I have completely run out of space in my bank when I thought of this,

Leave a lvl 3 in all of the major banks around F2P, Varrok Lumby Falador Draynor Al Kharid Edgeville.

Leave Mining gear at falador noob.

ranging with edgeville noob.

scimmmy with lumby/al kharid noob.

armor at varrok.

and woodcut+rune ess (water rune crafting) at draynor.

this is probably against many rules, so don't tell the popo!!

(referring to bolded section) What you're talking about involves drop trading. I'd not do that if I were you. Things tend to...happen...to drop traders.

I've caught a few people drop trading and reported them, so it'd be best if you abandoned that plan.

You never know when a mod is watching.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

• 3 weeks later...
I say just make bank space unlimited in both F2P and members world.

Honestly, when should it have to be a "challange" to keep stuff in your bank?

However, since that would never get implemented (I'd rather see it so that we wouldn't have people complaining about lack of bank space) I'd say no go for the f2p bank space.

If you don't know, bankspace actually costs jagex money, it's something like memory storage or something, but it does cost them. Really I don't feel these constant f2p/p2p arguements get anywhere, both sides have one main argument and really nothing else. What's the real problem here? These type of threads, don't make these, their encouraging a pointless argument that's been going on for years. "F2p don't deserve updates because they don't pay, f2p should just get members if they're complaining so much" are some I've seen. F2p and p2p need to stop disrepecting eachother and move along. There is no shame in being f2p.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• 2 months later...

I'm a member, and i believe f2p'ers should get more bank space. They deliver a lot of raw materials to members, and are necessary to the economy. But, it is harder for them to collect these materials, with the limited bank space. The random event items alone, take up, what about 15 spaces? They should finish the line they have now and get one more

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

No. If anything P2P should get more bankspace. Even with my house full of junk, I get a full bank.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

F2P is a "demo" of Runescape how many times does this have to beaten into your skulls? Maybe in tutorial island they should say "If you want more bank space then pay the monthly fee and don't complain" - Jagex Staff

Well, if F2P is a "demo" why is it never referred to as a demo? Why is it always referred to as "the free version". "The free version" would seem to imply that it is not a "demo" it is just a full fledged part of runescape.

Show me some evidence from a Jagex staff stating that it "the free version" is in fact a demo, and I will glady reconsider my position.

However, if you can't find any evidence, you shouldn't call it a demo.

tfssig.png