Are you a "Old Timer" or a "RS2 product"?

lordkrohn1626

I've started playing in August/September 2002. Became member 2 or 3 months after RS2 was released.

I love playing RuneScape. I'm not into getting massive amounts of exp per day, I just enjoy when I train and if I get some nice exp while doing it; even better!

^^

:boohoo:

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im an old timer...

and its not so much that "old timers" complain that all rs2ers dont know what its like..its just the select few rs2 players that go around thinking that they spent alot of time getting their stats...when 15% of rs players (the old timer...percentage is just a number)...spent 5x the amount of time to reach the same lvl

not meant to be an arguement...

Who cares, it's a game. It wasn't even that hard and most of you guys talk as if you have just come out of world war two. 'They don't understand how hard it was' and all that. What new players should now respect the game they play was more difficult? I don't get why you care so much that it once was harder and now it's easier. What did you expect?

this is an online RPG...ur char comes down to how much time you have to spend on the char.....the amount of time you can put into this game shows the status of ur char

when someone puts 7 hours a day into his char...and achieves the lvls he wants...after putting countless hours into their char...then they release a way to get to the same point less than 5 times what they spent on their char kinda makes you mad...its like ur struck down upon because you started playing the game before all the fancy graphics....

I've been playing since just after runescape went 3d, i've amassed about 34 million xp in both my accounts. I know quite a lot about rs, not the latest stuff (ie the latest 3 skills etc) i suppose its based on how much you play more than how long you've played. There seems to be a superiority complex with people who've played for a long time..

I started in late feb/early march of 2001. Old timer :) but I dont have a problem with people whove started recently and are high level. I will say I don't think they appreciate just how difficult it was back then though.

Around the same time i started and i agree i dont think people who didnt play RSC actually realise how difficult it was :-k Just un-certing enough lobbys or sharks for a cook level could take you longer than actually getting that level and then having to recert them to sell them on :wall:

yeh i guess im a veteran/old timer, started playing in feb of 2002. so in 1 month it will be 5 years of playing runescape on and off. I think iv quit about 4 times already, only decided to come back like 3 weeks ago so im still new to fight pit and all the new quests, im still a noob though \'

Started to play RuneScape in september 2001. I'm an oldschool player ::' RSC was way better in terms of community than rs2 is.. Anyway, I don't feel like talking about it right now :XD: And RuneScape is still enjoyable, even if I'm not playing it anymore.

Who cares, it's a game. It wasn't even that hard and most of you guys talk as if you have just come out of world war two. 'They don't understand how hard it was' and all that. What new players should now respect the game they play was more difficult? I don't get why you care so much that it once was harder and now it's easier. What did you expect?

this is an online RPG...ur char comes down to how much time you have to spend on the char.....the amount of time you can put into this game shows the status of ur char

when someone puts 7 hours a day into his char...and achieves the lvls he wants...after putting countless hours into their char...then they release a way to get to the same point less than 5 times what they spent on their char kinda makes you mad...its like ur struck down upon because you started playing the game before all the fancy graphics....

Then why don't people complain about how they used to train with dragon long swords and now whips are out. There's no reason too, if everything was so hard why do you bother playing. I can remember how annoying certing and uncerting things where and how long combat took in comparison. However why would you complain.

Reasons are:

1. That now it's easier you feel you got cheated out of time you spent doing this these.

2. You play this game for fun.

3. Since you feel cheated it's obvious you don't find these tasks fun. Otherwise you wouldn't complain about having to have done them.

So why did you bother to do them? To level your character on a game you play for fun? Yet not having fun whilst playing it? If you did have fun you'd stop complaining about now it's easier and cherish the time you had to do all those things you found fun. If not you did them for no reason, or the reason you did them wasn;t for fun which defeats the purpose of you playing this game anyway.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I am definatly an old timer i was playing on rsc for 2 years before RS2 came out. And just like your fried i do'nt play as much as the new Rs2 products so i'm still level 88.

for_sooth.png

Barrows Drops - Guthans Helmat x2, Dharoks Chest x2, Ahrims Staff, Guthans WarSpear Ahrims Robetop x2, Ahrims Hood, Torag's Legs, Karils Skirt, Xbow - Med (Double) Brassard-Hammers (Double)

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt... (3 helms)

Dk - Dragon Axe x3, Warrior Ring x2

T.T - Top hat (4.3m) x2

GWD - [bandos] Hilt, Plate X2

Old, I started march '01.

Comparitively, I gained far more lvls in classic than in rs2 combat-wise. I was lvl 92 when the switch happened.

defense.gifattack.gif

0487908a226f010f311c94a3e13c7155.jpg[/url]

I started a character in 2004 (my tip.it username!) sometime before the yo-yo drop. I lost interest in the game early 2005, then made a new character (my current one, Chemchord) later in 2005. So I've always been on RS2 and I've had this account for about 1.5 years.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

I joined sometime in Jan 01, but what seperates me from most people on here is that I have complete knowledge of that entire time period, friends from that time period and am on the first 2k players list

What I dont like about these topics are idiots claiming to of joined in 2001 yet they lack any knowledge of the game at that time, any decent stats and have no proof

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

I began September of 2003, never "quit" the game, and play in my spare time, as I do not watch too much TV. (Nay-sayers, beware! I do have my scythe :P )

I gotta say, I love how it seems every single person at Tip.It has played since 2001! It is truly amazing. :^o

I am an 'Rs2' product. I hate that term, considering i have more maturity than majority of the runescape community. But still, I'm not one of those players who complains for things to be easier. My real life boyfriend played back in classic and he has shown me what it used to be like and i have a lot of respect for players who leveled back in classic for it wasn't as easy as it is now. We have it extremely easy.

I joined sometime in Jan 01, but what seperates me from most people on here is that I have complete knowledge of that entire time period, friends from that time period and am on the first 2k players list

What I dont like about these topics are idiots claiming to of joined in 2001 yet they lack any knowledge of the game at that time, any decent stats and have no proof

Stats don't play a part in how long you've played. My boyfriends RSC accounts is Skedar19 and trust me his stats are not that impressive so you really shouldn't label people as a liar or anything. Sure they may lack some knowledge, but they may not have played all aspects of the game.

By the way? Where's your proof? The list of the first 2000 players could have just been random names someone copied off high scores. It's honestly not something to go by.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Shaza -

Additionally, the default forum colors should be used. Variations of color may be used to emphasize SOME words or statements, and can be used by staff members for emphasis in edits and warnings posted. However, use of a color other than the default in every message or entire paragraphs is not permitted as they are difficult to read on many of the forum themes.

:boohoo: