Are you a "Old Timer" or a "RS2 product"?

lordkrohn1626

This interests me; the culture of RS is comical sometimes.

If Timmy stated playing RS back in 2001 and plays like 2-5 hours a week and has amassed 9 million exp points, combat 64 and has a pair of bunny ears...he is an old timer and has massive amounts of experience in the game and realms of RS knowledge. :roll: (in reality they just have more history experience if they dont have much total exp points)

If a player such as myself, has played for 21 months, amassed 110+ million exp points, thus TONS more play time within the game, and TONS more actual knowledge, I get classified as a RS2 product.....hehe, and I heard a new one the other day, PC Products. :roll: :XD: :XD: (of course I have decent game experience, but no knowledge of the history)

I respect all players, regardless if you are a level 3 skiller, or a 126 combat jockey, played 5 months or 5 years. It is how you act that determines how I view you.

So anyway, my question to all of my fellow scapers is this: How long have you played?

I started Dec 2004, and stopped playing 1Oct06 due to being deployed to Iraq until middle of this year (2007). (cant download game onto government computers, but can access fan sites...sigh...go figure)

Your levels are irrelative, higher doesnt make you any better of a person or player, just someone who liked to build particular stats while enjoying YOUR game, as it should be :)

Edit: Well I really didn't make this for a "POLL", but I am bored, and it got more life then I thought the thread would, so I'll try to keep up. Please realize that I am using a satellite connection, and connectivity can be an issue, as well as loading time due to amount of people using this signal.

RS2 "Products": 64

RS "Old Timers": 130

added up to page 12

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am a RS2 product, but I knew of the game during RSC. I started my account in September of 2004. But to frank, it doesnt matter what you are labeled, it matters whether you respect others for how they act so the cycle does not continue. So right on!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I would say I'm a rs2 product, starting mid-late 2004. I wish I was around before, but im not sure if I would have ever played RSC so its possibly a good thing.

Just as a tip, get rid of the exact dates from your first post, its one of the things that can be used as evidance in account recovery, and so is not somthing you should write on a public forum.

sig2webzx7.jpg

"Old Timer" you could say; I started around the latter half of the year in 2001, and before RS2 came out I managed around 900 some total and 64 combat, and 103 questpoints. I had around 750k networth (money was harder to come by then; small rares were around 400-500k and party hats ranged from 4-16m).

Now I'm 1740ish total and almost 110 combat; I don't play anymore/less than I used to, just that things are easier now. And that dosen't bother me :wink:

I started around the changeover period, when RSC and RS2 were played by a pretty much equal amount of people. I tried Classic, but didnt like it, so went to RS2, and stuck there.

Unfortunetly, i wa too nooby at the time to go to holiday drops, and so ive missed out on some ace stuff...

supernovasigst7.jpg

Btw, RSC vets > RS2 products > RS2 products who are also PC products ;)

RSC Vets = RS2 Products = PC Products < Not perfect but closer really.

It's all part of the game now, i don't really think it's fair to claim your better than them because they started later or trained more efficiently

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

Btw, RSC vets > RS2 products > RS2 products who are also PC products ;)

RSC Vets = RS2 Products = PC Products < Not perfect but closer really.

It's all part of the game now, i don't really think it's fair to claim your better than them because they started later or trained more efficiently

It's not really claiming superiority as much as it is that you've put in more effort into the game. After all, RSC was much more difficult then RS2 and PC made RS2 even easier.

Old timer 8-)

Not sure exactly when i started, but i was lvl 30 in rsc when the change came, i remember trying out rs beta lol, and complaning about how the armour looked, and the stupid purple plumes :lol: And how no body knew how to run, when nyou saw someone you were like WOAH.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I started playing around when rs2 came out... I dabbled in classic but did'nt like it ( classic acc is lv19 :D ) so I guess I am an rs2 product.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.