Are you a "Old Timer" or a "RS2 product"?

lordkrohn1626

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaza -

Additionally, the default forum colors should be used. Variations of color may be used to emphasize SOME words or statements, and can be used by staff members for emphasis in edits and warnings posted. However, use of a color other than the default in every message or entire paragraphs is not permitted as they are difficult to read on many of the forum themes.

:boohoo:

Considering you are up on all the latest rules you should also be aware that spamming is against the rules.

#-o

Anyways i think that RS2 product needs to be a bit less stereotypical, because every time i hear about RS2 products people are referring to them as children that are lazy and playing the game and always complaining.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Pfft, your all new players.. You didn't even ask about the really old players.. I actually started Runescape pre-wilderness - April or may 2001, didn't play much till the summer because of school, didn't get members till october 2005

Sometimes I fell like a newb just because of all the stuff that comes out.. Whats a Sally btw?

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

hmm im not really sure, i started early 2003, but lost my first account and quit for a while, i started this account just after the RSC/RS2 change over.

i really wish i hadnt lost that first account, i amassed about 3m worth of rares, back then, 3m was a lot, and its about 300m in rares today :cry:

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I started playing RS Classic shortly before RS2 came out. Think I got to about 10m exp before giving up for about 18 months.

When I came back, RS2 was up and running and I was well impressed. Big improvement from the Classic version and I immediately converted my account to the RS2 version.

When I started it was for proper hardcore gamers. The game was MUCH harder to play. I mean, there weren't even banks. All you had was what was on your person.

* No banks

* Dueling anywhere

* Mining rocks were blank so you didn't know if there was an ore ready

* Nothing West of Fally existed.

* Because there was no bank, going into the wildy truly was deadly since you carried everything you owned.

* There was none of this "Make X" luxury we have now.

I do have a little more respect for older players, because I know what they've been through and yet still stuck the game.

Also, Classic players tend to be a little older and more mature. I would much rather associate with them than with some RS2 Product whose vocabulary is limited to "pl0x", "noob" etc...

Harrington.gif

Definite RS2 product, joined October '05.

Quite happy with that though, the only thing that I envy the RSC players is the community that existed then... I would never have had the foresight to keep a holiday drop and those are the only 2 advantages I can think of.

Mordendravid.png

Old timer i guess.

I joined in spring 2002 because my brother and his freinds were playing it so i had to. The first few months playing it i would just go on and mainly talk to my brother and his friends, and sometimes even went pking. At the time i was around level 30 combat, and my highest level friend; level 50 or so protected me. We all ended up dying skulled anyways and lost our iron or steel.

Eventually my brother and his friends left rs for something else, but i stayed. I became a member and traied to a whopping 75 combat while making friends and enimies along the way. I even killed the great black dragons a few times. Around then i was supposablly permanatly banned for account trading but it couldn't be proven.

My last memories of rs were fishing at catherby, thinking my friend was very rich for buying 2 santa hats at 25k each, and talking to the old nite who was cutting magic logs by himself.

I was banned until rs2 came out, not being able to get bunny ears or a scythe. Then i started playing more but noticed that it wasnt as fun as it use to be. But i just sucked it up, made some new friends, and hoped for the best.

Now im just a level 118 noob who plays mini games :)

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

I started playing RS Classic shortly before RS2 came out. Think I got to about 10m exp before giving up for about 18 months.

When I came back, RS2 was up and running and I was well impressed. Big improvement from the Classic version and I immediately converted my account to the RS2 version.

When I started it was for proper hardcore gamers. The game was MUCH harder to play. I mean, there weren't even banks. All you had was what was on your person.

* No banks

* Dueling anywhere

* Because there was no bank, going into the wildy truly was deadly since you carried everything you owned.

I do have a little more respect for older players, because I know what they've been through and yet still stuck the game.

Also, Classic players tend to be a little older and more mature. I would much rather associate with them than with some RS2 Product whose vocabulary is limited to "pl0x", "noob" etc...

These are the people I hate- this guy said he joined shortly before RS2 yet he remembers no banks, no banks was more like 2.5 years before rs2... idiot

By the way? Where's your proof? The list of the first 2000 players could have just been random names someone copied off high scores. It's honestly not something to go by.
This is like denying the existance of evolution, its there no matter what you think or say.

The list was taken off of the high scores, specifically the carpentry ones before the skill was released. The first few people on there were the alpha testers- lightning, rab etc so they would be the first to join. Most people with characters on there joined back in early 2001. Finally the biggest piece of proof- mods have confirmed that the high scores for carpentry were based on who joined first

If thats not enough then me showing you my rsc account(level 106 at start of rs2) would be enough proof, I was in the original rsd back in rsc so anyone in rsd before rs2 was released would remember me

I also have extensive knowledge of the time period, go look in the rsc forums and you will see that I am semi active in there

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

RS2-product. Started May 2004 joined members later that year.

I joined before the 'cook all' / 'smith X' / slayer skill / Pest-Control...... So, that would make me '0lD-sKo0l RS2-pr0duCt' ?

Seriously, I really don't see why some people find the labels so important. It's the personality that counts.

DutchDreams.png

started in some time in 2002. Remember coal and lobby certs for 1k each. :?: And when pure relly kick butt. i rember being like lvl 11 and had a mith 2h. All weapons looked the same. rune dagger or 2h you never knew. i wasent member in rsc but i remember freinds dueling anywere for free luby telly. good times good times.

* No banks

* Dueling anywhere

These are the people I hate- this guy said he joined shortly before RS2 yet he remembers no banks, no banks was more like 2.5 years before rs2... idiot

Wow! Do you get as wound up when you get a stone in your shoe? Seriously lighten up!

Maybe his idea of "shortly" isn't the same as yours.. He also said he quit for 18months by which time RS2 had started. So assuming he played for a few as well that's nearly the 2.5years you mention anyway...

So the sort of people you hate are the ones that don't define shortly the same as you? Or is it those who don't have a photographic memory for dates/times?

Mordendravid.png

I started playing a LONG time ago... so sorry if I've forgotten the EXACT time scales. There's no need for you to call me an idiot.

If you're unable to compose something constructive then don't say it at all. Your insults are completely uncalled for. I'm guessing you fall into the "immature" catagory I mentioned. Thank you for making my case.

Mordendravid, thanks for messaging me in game mate.

Harrington.gif

I started playing a LONG time ago... so sorry if I've forgotten the EXACT time scales. There's no need for you to call me an idiot.

If you're unable to compose something constructive then don't say it at all. Your insults are completely uncalled for. I'm guessing you fall into the "immature" catagory I mentioned. Thank you for making my case.

Mordendravid, thanks for messaging me in game mate.

I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t reply much on tip.it lately, but I feel as I should. What bothered me with your post (no hate or any other harsh feelings...) you mentioned no banks and dueling anywhere at the same time which is ages from each other. No item bank was in the first few months of rs, dueling anywhere was when p2p came around about a year or so after the launch of rs.

It doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really matter I played both versions and unlike most older files I like rs2, made things easier since now I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have the time to play rs as much as I would like and as much as I use to.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

Yeah, admittably I'm struggling to remember exact time scales. Especially since I stopped playing for a while.

I remember the lack of banks so distinctly as I was quite into smithing at the time, I found it really annoying having to mine the ores, go to the furnace in Lumby, make the bars, then go to Varrock to turn them into items, then sell LOL. It was veeeeeery slow.

I was never really into duelling, all I really remember of it was that it was an option from the rightclick menu. In honesty, I don't remember ever actually fighting in one.

I was just a bit annoyed at the suggestion that I was lying. I just don't remember every detail is all.

That's the last thing I'll say on the subject. :boohoo:

Harrington.gif

RS2-product. Started May 2004 joined members later that year.

I joined before the 'cook all' / 'smith X' / slayer skill / Pest-Control...... So, that would make me '0lD-sKo0l RS2-pr0duCt' ?

Seriously, I really don't see why some people find the labels so important. It's the personality that counts.

There's a 'Smith X' now o_O?

I think it'd have been better if this thread was set up like a poll. To me, it seems like the author just wanted to know the ratio of "Rs2 products" to "Old timers", not have YET ANOTHER FRIKKING POINTLESS argument about which type is better.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

i'm about a year old today wooooooooot!!!!!!!!!! i didnt even notice lol thanks..wow a whole year, its a pity i havnt played in the last month *cries* :cry:

-Tyrant iv ,started mid-january 2006 , my comp better be fixed soon :evil: so i can finally go on rs again. i miss you guys lol :cry:

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

I guess I am a RS2 product, but I knew of the game during RSC. I started my account in September of 2004. But to frank, it doesnt matter what you are labeled, it matters whether you respect others for how they act so the cycle does not continue. So right on!

=D>

i'm half rs2 and half rsc

i started playing a couple months before rs2 came out...i got to level 20 in rsc

then i stopped playing for a while and started again 3 months after rs2

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!