Why is "safing" bad?

Under_Score

I'm not sure whether I agree or not so.I have never,EVER been to the wild outside of explorations,and even then I kept away from others.First,picture being hit 29 when having 54 health.First reaction?EAT!It's the same for the safers.But I see an irritation there picture hitting 29,having him heal 22 from tuna potato,continuously,up to 28 times.Irritating?And you still have to murder the rest of his health through whatever prayer he has on.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safing is bad because it takes the point out of PKing.

People PK not for loot, but for the excitement. If both players safe, neither player has any chance of getting k0ed. Therefore, you're both wasting food, potions, and time. The fight is pathetically boring and therefore no one wants to fight you.

It's called "professional courtesy". If you give them a fair chance of winning, they give you a fair chance of winning, both people enjoy the fight more.

And if you're too scared to risk the items, then you shouldn't expect people who enjoy taking risks to fight you. They're better off fighting other people who are willing to take the risks.

...PK for excitement.....professional courtesy....taking risks....this when discussing pkers?

The same spineless bottom feeders that pk unarmed RCers? where's the excitement, risk or professional courtesy with that?

The same spineless bottom feeders that pk skillers training on greens....which is fine if it wasn't taggers doing it 5 on one....where's the excitement, risk and professional courtesy when you team on a single skiller?

you have got to be kidding me..... none of those things exist with pkers, or I can for sure say with MOST, as generalizing any group is wrong. I especially love when as they pile on me, 5 on one, and are squealing "lol...OWNT"....."eat piggy eat"....um yeah, how about bring it all by yourself? without your 5 friends tagging in and out....or when I am RCing and unarmed.....let me go get my toys so I can one hit you. meh.

Spineless

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

However, the term was brought with runescape 2. I'm not sure how it is now but it was deffinitly easier to die in RSC, because of the 3 hit system in effect.

Umm... I'm a bit of an RS2 product... What was the 3-hit system?

Combat revolved around 3 hits. Whenever you attacked someone (or a monster) it initiated a fight that lasted 3 hits. (you both have 3 hits against each other). During those 3 hits you could not run, teleport or eat food.

So you were locked in a fight for 3 hits then after those 3 hits you could leave?

Yeah after those 3 hits you could start to run to eat/whatever but thats where catching got involved ("catching' a player in combat for another 3 rounds by attacking).

Safing is annoying because: The person your killing eats at 70 hp, meaning you can't kill them, this wastes your own food meaning you lose money, which is why so many people detest safers.

Whats wrong with eating at 70hp? I prefer to stay over the ko mark. But hey, if you want to eat at like 30hp then get a 25 25 dds spec then come whining to me don't expect me to give you condolences.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

If people dont like what I'm saying, at least read it through completly before critisising me.

Eating food helps you live. It's a fact.

Now, If you brought full rune, or barrows, or something valuable like that, are you just going to roll over and die becuase your opponent wants you to? (unless your an idiot) NO.

If you bring something into the wilderness, you can lose it. I respect and know that.

But why do you bring it in the first place? To help you kill someone. Now, if you let yourself die before they die, whats the point?

It's basicly like if some guy came to me and said: give me your armour. Are you going to? Well, if its really bad armour, Maybe. But if its good, decent armour, why would you?

I was pking with a mage file, and I came across a mage my level. He attacked me, and I fought back. We went on at this for about 5 minutes, when suddenly I get under 20 deaths (f2p btw) I think, oh no. All of this has been for nothing. Ill run out of deaths and have to escape or die.

Suddenly, I KO him. He dies, with a single "noob" above his head. I get more runes (100 odd deaths) and I feel ok about the fact that I got my moneys worth.

Ok, its annoying when someone heals just when you get them low, but you would do the same thing. You dont want to die and lose your items. No one does, but thats what pking is about.

Its always more exiting when your both nearly dead, but to allow yourself to die, that is just .... stupid.

Conclusion:

Being a Pker myself, and having dozens of pking acounts, I love and hate "safing" at the same time.

I dont want to die and lose items, but I find it annoying when someone does the same.

"Safers" will always be there. No one wants to die. If they a safer, just hope you get a lucky hit.

:thumbsup:

Well the fact is, the wanna-be pures only continually spam the words .. "safe safe safe" because they cant handle the fact that they cant pk. If you go look at some pk vids of like cyal8erloser or someone like that, you'll see that he doesnt flame the guy "safe safe safe" because he is a decent pker. He'll say "gf" at the end, like a decent pker should. I often turn chat off the these wanna be's because they are a waste of your consentration wen u could be ready to weild that rune 2 hander :P

dragonmranger,Ura%20gonener.gif

ura%20gonener.gif

ura%20gonener.gif

Just my two cents...

Safing is fine. They are making sure they survive. Unlike what others have said, I find the battle to be the more exiting part of PKing, rather than the looting. If i'm looking for tough fights that involve loot, but I don't want my opponent eating, then I go to the Dueling Arena.

But then think of this-

Trying to say no safing is like saying don't eat, ever. Lets say a level 86 is fighting a level 79, who has Timmed armor. The level 86 is useing Barrows, and is destroying the level 79. The level 79 is safing and the level 86 is complaining like crazy. The level 86 wins anyways, and gets the armor.

While leaving the wilderness, he gets frozen by a level 87 mage, who is demoloshing the 86. The 86 doesn't want to loose there expencive gear and there loot, so they start safting too. The level 86 dies, and complaines to the level 87 over pm. The level 87 says "I was the level 79's friend. I thought you said no safing?"

How would you feel then? Like an idiot? Then go do legends, monkey maddness, and some other tough quest that requires alot of food and see if you like safing.

English is my third language, but I am still trying.

Frankie%20ya.gif

I dont mind if someone safes whilst i'm pking, i get more rounds on them whilst they eat and dont get hit, if you're a good pker you can kill someone who safes. You dont deserve loot if you can't kill someone so stop whining about ways people stop you killing them.

I am not a pure myself, and I find it ridiculously hard to get kills in the wilderness. >.<

In the meantime, I have no intention of dying and loosing my ammo.

So taking a coupla swordies up there is all part of my tactics, at least until I get 200hp. People should respect this, the same way I have respect for people who decide to train strengh to 99 and leave their other stats untouched. And food often lets me down: if you ever found that pile of fish and pizzas I *ahem* deliberatley left there for you, I hope you enjoyed it, and took time to bury my bones for me.

Meh, I have mixed feelings about safing. I'm pure, and I try to follow the honour rules as much as I can. I pk for sport, not for money, I find it enjoyable.

I fight regular accounts alot, I dont call them "Def Noob", because defense is part of the game, I choose not to train it, thats my deal. Pures are made for the thrill, the fun of hitting high hits with as low combat as possible. They are not made for endurance. But ko's rather. Safing can sometimes get out of hand, say we both have 80 hp, and he eats a shark at 60 hp all the time. I would either say "no safing please", or just run away and find a fight that I would rather put my money into.

Of course, when you want to make a video, people don't want to see a fight thats 5 minutes long, and both the people run out of food/ protection from melle prayer, and you kill the person with a 3. They want to see fast pking, with dds specials that equal 68 in damage. With barrages that hit constant 30s, and 23s with range. We want to see you pull out a granite maul and whack a few 30s.

This is the thrill some people want, I dont get mad at people that safe, but it gets me bored. I enjoy pking more when we both give eachother a slight chance of a ko, if you dissagre, then dont fight me.

well, thats my imput on safing.

meh, I'll go copy and paste signature from other sites when I feel like it lol.

(I'm just speaking in terms of my f2p experience, I dunno about p2p pking or anything)

I generally find that safing is just a term used by people who are angry cause you are eating when you're supposed. The thing is that sometimes people eat like when they're at 3/4 of their HP, or they eat when maybe they're kind of lowish HP but the person is in a killable range. The problem for them is they're just not gonna get as many kills as people who take a few risks.

cwscore2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Safing isn't bad. It's called a tactic to stay alive. So the food safing (I don't go PKing or anything like that so lol yeah) you run far enough where they can't attack you and eat. That's perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Oh, safing isn't bad. They just want your rune or whatever you happen to be wearing in freeplay.

It all boils down to greed. They want your things and they always will make up new "rules of engagement" to get them. Since these rules aren't even close to enforceable, all they can do is type "safer!1!11" as much as they want to...either before they run or teleport to safety.

Don't let them get under your skin. Their rules of engagement do not and should not have to apply to you.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I don't see anything wrong with safing. It is a tactic that can guarantee you stay alive or die. If you have swordies and lose 5 hp, then eat the swordie. That is just plain idiocy. If they eat when they have enough hp left so that the swordie heals them completely, I have no problem with either.

Whenever I'm PKing in F2P worlds, I always see people getting called safers because they eat when they aren't in danger of being K0ed. But, why is this bad? Don't you have the right to use your own food in the manner you so choose? I think if I took the time to fish, cook, and/or buy the food, that I can eat it whenever I want during a fight. People act like it's bug abuse. Discuss.

The only time people will throw out this insult is if they are getting beaten. Alot of people p2p and f2p expect things to come easily (or on a silver platter in this case) they expect you to die to them and give them your items. They expect you to not fight back and make it harder for them to achieve your items.

Don't even give them the satisfaction of knowing they've gotten on your nerves i find saying nothing or just repeating LOL everytime they say somethings stops them in their tracks. Also "Get membership and go to the dueling arena to set rules" shuts them up as well.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

How is safing bad? I mean, it's basically another strategy for people to do in the wild. We can scarf down a lobster in one bite whenever we want. People say " OMG U N00B SAFER LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL U SUk" or whatever. Fact of the matter is, pkers, get over it, safing is just another tactic we use.

This statement is true. Below is false.

This statement is false. Above is true.

Both statements above are contrapositive.

The below is false.

Life's a mystery... ain't it? You know math... figure it out.

well i sometimes watch my brother play on his lev 20 mith tank and he gets called def noob all the time. of course these are the same people who run back out of wildy when they start getting hit by a steel 2h.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Guess people can't handle the truth seeing how a post of mine has been removed.

Good god, you all have no idea what safing is and your just making situations up to make you feel better about yourselves. Its pathetic when in f2p people eat at 40 hp when they have no danger of being ko'ed, killed, or whatever. All of you keep saying stories on how pures or pkers say safer when people eat at 10,15, or 20 hp. I highly doubt that occurs. :roll: There is somewhat of a code of ethics for pking that should be followed to make pking more enjoyable for everyone.

soulthresher.png

There is somewhat of a code of ethics for pking that should be followed to make pking more enjoyable for everyone.

If there is a code of ethics, it's unofficial, and as such, non-enforceable. If the two of you agree not to "safe," "tele," or what have you before the fight, then sure, it's a rule of honor, etc.

If you see a random person and attack them, then insult them for surviving, where's the honor in that? Especially if they're not even there to PK.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

A lot of times in Pk'ing arguments, a Pk'er will come up with : 'there are no rules in the wilderness, live with it' (specially on RC-pk'ing or people doing clues getting killed, tellying/praying in wildy).

Any Pk'er now appealing to a certain code of honour or (unwritten) rules of engagement, shoots the whole pk'ing community in the foot. As if the person eating, is somehow going against a rule.

I thought there were no rules in the wilderness by default ? If there's such a code of honour, why attack unarmed players ? If there's such a code of honour, why badmouth people ? If there's such a code of honour, why tagteam people inside single wildy ? PJ'ers ? Multizone luring ?

I guess it should be changed into 'there are no rules in the wilderness, as long as it's in the pk'ers interest'

The whole idea that it's in any way bad to use food for its designated purpose in the game (prolonging your life/fight or a chance to escape) is laughable to say the least. To single out 'safing', as something bad to do, is ludicrous.

There are no rules in wilderness, pk'ers live with it. Either you adapt or die.

DutchDreams.png