Why is "safing" bad?

Under_Score

Safer, Def noob, no armor noob, prayer noob, running noob, tele noob.

What will they think of next? :twisted:

I've found that people will call you a noob for anything. It's such a cliche it's lost all meaning whatsoever.

An example would be me (lvl 94) getting called a noob by a level 60-ish for not responding when he said 'str lvl'? Give me a break. Look it up on the [bleep] highscores if its so important to you.

So I suppose you'd call me a 'silence noob'? :lol: Whatever. This is why I generally stick to the off-topic forum, runescape and the whole community annoy me.

running is definetly more honourable than teleing heck I'm gonna make a topic!

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol safing is both good and bad depending on how you do it, you can use your food however you choose its no big deal, actually the fact is that when you say people ARENT in danger of being k0ed they really are. people get mad at safers (rangers in f2p especially do this) becuase they plan to range then then use a rune 2her which has a tendency to do serious damage. so when you see someone say "nooby safer" its usually because they had the ability to kill the person with a hidden plan or strategy and the persons overeating kept them alive.

on the other hand, i find that keeping your hp low actually helps in a fight. if you keep yopur hp low your enemy tends to eat less because they think that eating wastes a turn that could be used to kill you, its a unconscious thing. however thats just the way i fight, if other people wish to safe, i could care less.

safing is fine a good pker should be able to kill a safer anyway, its the bad ones that complain becos they cant take hp faster than the other person can eat and run. A simple freeze or bdin stops the run and damages and dds/ mage short special deals the damage more than anyone can eat.

Common knowledge if u ask me that safing isnt as much as an advantage as it seems.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I know it's annoying.. They only seem to say that at rune castle or in edgeville though.. if its at greaters it dosent really matter because its fighting for your life

edgeville and rune castle its more of a respectfull fight

you don't automatically attack everyone you see

you don't teleport you die with honor

etc.

shadow1854.png

"Safing" is fine, if you choose to eat and be safe from getting killed then fine go ahead. I think it's just when people are pking they want to kill you in like 3 hits so if you stop them then they get annoyed! :wink:

i%20a9ility%20i.gif

agilcape,i%20a9ility%20i.gif

Pkers (the bad sort) call you a noob if you use any type of strategy. Prayer noob! Pot noob! Eventually it will get to the point of "Weapon noob!"

As an afterthought bad warrirors call people who use magic or bows

"Magic noob!" or "Arrows Noob!". Hmm Magic noob... Nice ring to it. I might use that name. Yay! I can be Harry Potter!

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

Safing means, you would rather eat than KO the other player. People say it's against the rules to safe, because when I fought someone, they said "No safe, ok?" there are no rules in the wilderness. I see safing as using your resources to stay alive.....

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Safer, Def noob, no armor noob, prayer noob, running noob, tele noob.

What will they think of next? :twisted:

I've found that people will call you a noob for anything. It's such a cliche it's lost all meaning whatsoever.

An example would be me (lvl 94) getting called a noob by a level 60-ish for not responding when he said 'str lvl'? Give me a break. Look it up on the [bleep] highscores if its so important to you.

So I suppose you'd call me a 'silence noob'? :lol: Whatever. This is why I generally stick to the off-topic forum, runescape and the whole community annoy me.

OMG I there was a topic in rants about calling people noobs (I know, how original... :roll: ) and I was dying of laughter reading it. The guy who started it was ranting about how a guy with 50 def called him a def noob (he had 40 def). Then one person got called a quest noob...

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard the term "safing" in the wilderness. This must only be for lower levels in f2p. P2p is too unsafe, even if you do eat whenever you want to since specials and such can KO you. Not to mention multi... ouch 50 people killed me in 2 seconds.

I'm not going to argue about it much but all I will say is this:

It truly shows the weakness of the combat system if people have to try and get others not to eat food in order to get a kill.

"Safing" is a product of RS2, ever stop to wonder why?

Because you couldn't do it in RSC, which many people will agree have a much superior combat system.

So true. Actually, a lot of things which were perfectly acceptable in RS1 are completely taboo in RS2. When I returned to playing RS and switched over to RS2 it was a huge shock and even now I still do not accept many things for real. I just follow them to be able to play with the other pkers.

Pilejumping, for example, was not a thing to whine about in RS1. If a pker killed someone I was pking with then I sure as hell would pj them. It would have been considered wussy not to, as if I were scared of the big bad pker who just killed my friend in front of me.

Things like luring, crashing wars, etc., they were all part and parcel of being in the wildy.

I actually do understand the reasoning behind some of the rules nowadays but I am a product of the old wilderness - you know, the one where it was a no rules, no holds barred, a *real* wilderness.

Pilejumping, for example, was not a thing to whine about in RS1. If a pker killed someone I was pking with then I sure as hell would pj them. It would have been considered wussy not to, as if I were scared of the big bad pker who just killed my friend in front of me.

Its the kids nowadays that cause all the whining. "Thats not fair, you killed me noob!" Then they come out and start whining some more because they can't get over their spoiled little egos. There is nothing wrong with Pjing, or Tag Teaming. Safing? Well what the hell, if we have the ability to keep oursleves alive, then we damn well have the right to.

Even if some kid player says, "Thats not fair! You ate food! Because I am a One Itemer!" Yeah, anyway. I hope my point was made.

hm...ive only read upto like the first 10 posts so this may seem a bit wierd...

1. most of the people who do call others safers are the 'noobs who pk for loot', they don't know how to KO so they call you a noob

2. the 'true pkers' call people safers when they truly safe, for example i was watching a fight in which a guy at lvl 70, obviously over 50hp, would eat as soon as his hp was below hi smax hp by 15...now that is just pointless, and anyone would get annoyed because the person will run as soon as the food is gone<

NOTE: when i say people dont know how to KO, think of it like this...to KO someone there hp should be lets say 20..., then you use addy arrows to get them down to a 12...then they eat and theyre upto 18...or w\e...and then at that point you will be swinging your rune2h and doing your little KO << correct me if im wrong

The insult "safer" is more garbage that belongs in the dumpster with "pray n00b" and "def nub"... It basically shows that the user of it is too stupid to have though of the marvelous idea that food/prayer/def were put into the game to... *GASP!* Prevent you from dying!

I just wonder what these people would say if I insulted them because they used super sets...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Wut im wondering is y that ppl like this actually get angry over this. Geez, its only a game. :evil:

If they want excitement, go hunting or sumthing

I play E.T., do you?

Username : Aznzzzzz

Dont be a Panzernoob

ok, i did this on another topic and ill do this again :D, just for fun

noob: a annoying person

the 'noob' pkers who call other safers would love a KO (just like the rest of us) and if we safe then that makes it near impossible for them. because of that we are annoying to them because we safe, since we are annoynig they call us noobs (meaning annoying people) and to tell us why we are a noob they call us 'safeing noob'...now all you have to do is call them a 'talking noob' cause their talking annoys you << i did that and as my opponent was responding i killed him :lol:

well safing isnt bad...it just disapoints pkers who r after killing people for items...however i think its a fair part of the game..i mean the pker could bring food also if he or she chosed to..if anything it makes pking more fun and interesting.

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

To be honest, I dont think i saw the word 'safe' in the wild when i first joined runescape 2 and a half years ago. The main reason 'safing' is bad is because pkers want to make you think it is bad so they can get loot easier. I might be totally wrong, but i have seen this connection for a while.

the only problem with 'safing' is that no one will want to fight you, so you have to start the fights, and most likely have the person run because they know you 'safe'.

its hard to get a good honest fight anymore.

I still eat my food, They still try to call me a noob with my 80 def and 'safing'. they get kills, i get kills. its just that they want all the kills. they need to get over it.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I like "safing". I get sick of Pures who complain that I eat. A lot of Pures now just expect to be able to kill somebody easy as A-B-C because they have say, I don't know... 60 Strengh, or something like 65 Mage.

The point of taking food into the Wilderness is to "be safe", hence being a "safer". Hell, even Pures themselves are "safers" because thye eat too.

Looking for a Clan

It aint bad. Pkers are just angry that they can't pk you instantly and efficiently. this name calling is especially bad in members worlds where members have the capability of taking you down even when you're at 30-40 hp. then those darn pkers claim they could have never killed you.

what I REALLY hate is when people like 1-itemers or looters call people safers. These guys live on cheapness in the wild, then have the AUDACITY to tell others not to be cheap! Hypocrites!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Safing is bad because it takes the point out of PKing.

People PK not for loot, but for the excitement. If both players safe, neither player has any chance of getting k0ed. Therefore, you're both wasting food, potions, and time. The fight is pathetically boring and therefore no one wants to fight you.

It's called "professional courtesy". If you give them a fair chance of winning, they give you a fair chance of winning, both people enjoy the fight more.

And if you're too scared to risk the items, then you shouldn't expect people who enjoy taking risks to fight you. They're better off fighting other people who are willing to take the risks.

So we just should die and drop our pking gear out of "professional courtesy?" Not eating gives somebody running by a reason to pilejump you, as they can tell that it won't be a hard fight. Pking isn't about giving your opponent a fair chance to kill you, it's about beating them and taking their stuff.

P.S. I have never met someone in the wild who was pking for fun.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

ok i have this under my belt no body worry. ive got it.

pker 1 and pker 2 are fighting.

pker1: stop safing

pker2: ??????

pker 1: omg stop safing so i can ko you seriously plz???noob omg ftw.

pker 2: .... *dds*

pker 1: oomfg safer noob *falls down dead*

pker 2: he shouldnt have talked so much, he shoulda ate.

...understaaaaaand? l0l. people you ask you to stop safing are simply saying. hey why dont u stop eating so much so i can ko you?

my moto. i eat when i want, u cant stop me, and im still attacking you. so either shut up or ruuuun!

I haven't played Runescape in years.

I had no idea what "safing" meant until I read the thread.

Upon doing so, I felt compelled to smack myself in the head and laugh at the sheer stupidity of it.

THIS is what people are complaining about these days? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Five years ago, I remember one guy complaining about his opponent using food, and he was universally laughed out of the PK forums.

And this is coming from me...

In early 2002, me and Lampenguin - remember him? high level smither, the community's best prospect at challenging Bluerose's smithing dominance, but quit after getting high enough to make rune squares? - eh, nevermind. After retiring from smithing, he turned to PKing in the wilderness. What really ground our gears was "loggers", people who log out instantly upon seeing a white dot approach on the map.

We started a big uproar on the forums complaining about loggers, petitioning Jagex to institute a logout timer (like WoW, you have to sit down for 20 seconds before you can log out), etc. We even took down the names of every person in the wilderness who logged, and encouraged others to do the same. The thing snowballed into a massive 3 page list in the PK forums. It was great. I wish I still had that list somewhere.

Now obviously we got nowhere for our efforts, but it was great fun.

This anti "safing" phenomenon, however, is just stupid and I feel stupider for having read about it.

What?

It's angry PK'ers that want an easy kill. So they mock their opponents thinking they are going to let them have the chance to kill them easier.

A lot of people think it's "Honour" but hell to that, i'd rather eat than keel over and die.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png