Strange behavior of economy?

ValaraZ

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold onto your hats folks,

Hehe. Nice pun there. That got a giggle out of me.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Hold onto your hats folks,

Hehe. Nice pun there. That got a giggle out of me.

:lol: at you lee :lol:

Giggle...that got a laugh out of me coming from you :lol:

But ya im sure your holding onto yours and my red mask isnt going anywhere anytime soon...i see this raising prices before hellishly lowering them :)

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

greenmaskrw3.png

lol Well I'm keeping this thing. Eventually it'll go back up and even higher. This summer it's supposed to either level out to normal or shoot up. Anyways my first rare ftw.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

nice move from merchants to spread rumors to lower prices temporary...but why not pick christmas crackers instead of blue hats?

real duping in 2002 made permament damage to purple hats..though im quite sure that they were not duped that much that they should be cheapest hats still...if i remember right, christmas crackers were duped much more than purple hats but yet, cracker prices didnt stay so low...in first duping they pulled alot of crackers so every hat color amount in game was increasing...i was present back then to see that in varrock but hat prices back them were only few mills each so they might dropped mill or couple temporary while some like red hats raised prices.

Though i didnt care how prices went back then and i dont care now either because i havent invested anything for my rares so they are just for remind me from past events which i were able to join.

But it might be hard for those who invested all their gameplaying time just to get one item.

Just sold most of stuff and got a green h'ween mask for 19m. lmao

I did excacty the same thing, except that I bought a santa for 20.2 :P . I can actually look rich now. Now back to runecrafting to get my armour back.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Rumours are indeed misleading but the economic facts conserning the rs economy are the same as that of any government in the world.

The price in which the items are selling for are at a point in which is in equlibrim, this means that demand and supply of goods it equal.

There has been a market failure due to the imperfect knoledge about duping. Therefore the demand or purchasing power is reduced as no one wants to buy due to the fear of duping and therfore its value (not price)

This leaves the sellers having to offer a lower price to meet demand. Thus we get a failing rare market.

( to make a fast buck, of some gp ;) we need to judge the lower limit of this market. If prices are stillin falling dont buy, once the buyers start coming back and the prices rise, buy and hold. Never buy in a falling market.

Mozy

That was technically how the stock market crashed in 1939 (?), before the Great Depression, there was a speculation that the prices of stocks were going to drop massively, so people started to sell off all their stocks and therefore causing the prices to drop rapidly.

Rumors have lots of power...

~Ddaanniiellh

1929, think about it, why would the wall street crash have happened in the middle of ww2.

That was technically how the stock market crashed in 1939 (?), before the Great Depression, there was a speculation that the prices of stocks were going to drop massively, so people started to sell off all their stocks and therefore causing the prices to drop rapidly.

Rumors have lots of power...

~Ddaanniiellh

1929, think about it, why would the wall street crash have happened in the middle of ww2.

WW2 1939-1945, what?

I just visited w2, prices are perfectly normal..

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww man. Way to break the bad news :(

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

lol "crashed", there was a time when santas were only 2mil u know

There was a time when santas were only 10k you know. ;)

I bought a red once for 30k :)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

All except blue phat, which will climb back up again, i think.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Wow this is a stupid post. First of all, no one traded you a Blue Party Hat + 5M for your Red. If they did, they were the biggest IDIOT in the world. You then claim that you're so upset about Blues falling in price, even though this fake value you give (335M) is still 135M higher than you'd ever get for a Red. And finally, your values for Party Hats are absolutely false, and all Rares for that matter.

Blues are still around 390M, Reds are still around 195M. Santas are still like 20M, Green Masks a bit lower. So please stop posting these complete lies. It's basically blatant manipulation, which won't have any effect except hopefully you being banned from tipit.

sig7uu.png

Has anyone noticed the dramaric rise in price of yew logs, and big bones? Go to world 1, and you will see what I'm talking about.

I couldn't buy yews for less the 350 ea.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

i think what is gonna happen is that fear of such a possibility or a huge drop in price will cause a lot of people to sell right now so that they dont end up with their party hats being worth in the low single digits of mils, and since more people are selling them the supply becomes greater and the demand becomes less so the prices are dropping, but when th hats stop moving around because of this fear i think rares are gonna sky-rocket againif you have the extra money buy whil they r low = )

Wow this is a stupid post. First of all, no one traded you a Blue Party Hat + 5M for your Red. If they did, they were the biggest IDIOT in the world. You then claim that you're so upset about Blues falling in price, even though this fake value you give (335M) is still 135M higher than you'd ever get for a Red. And finally, your values for Party Hats are absolutely false, and all Rares for that matter.

I already asked this (politely, I might add) and hesaid he was mistaken because he forgot to add he got an offer of 2 red phats. And santas were 22m 3 days ago, so I have noticed a small change.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I already asked this (politely, I might add) and hesaid he was mistaken because he forgot to add he got an offer of 2 red phats. And santas were 22m 3 days ago, so I have noticed a small change.

zomfg! a 3m price change! its a crash! holy hell, if it were actually a crash then blue phats would be 30m at most, to this day runescape has never had a crash yet, and it wont for a while because it simply does not fit the requirements for a crash...yet.

What kind of an idiot would actually call this a crash? or is this a sad attempt at price manipulation?

zomfg! a 3m price change! its a crash! holy hell, if it were actually a crash then blue phats would be 30m at most, to this day runescape has never had a crash yet, and it wont for a while because it simply does not fit the requirements for a crash...yet.

What kind of an idiot would actually call this a crash? or is this a sad attempt at price manipulation?

Santas were not 22M 3 days ago either. This drop happened much more steadily, Santas have slowly dropped from 22M around 2 weeks ago to approximately 20M today.

sig7uu.png