Nice one Jagex-Quote DIRECTLY from Andrew

Coandca5

Just a question. When using SS or any other form of legal (I gather that it's illegal as of now) third-party software, if your a member, when playing, there aren't any ads being displayed, so why are they getting mad over that?

I understand Jagex banning dynamic sigs and stuff, seeing as they strain their servers with the bandwidth, but if they're going to ban them, they should make their own and let people use them on fansites.

Meh, just my thoughts. But uh, if stat sigs are now illegal, are goal sigs and bots looking up people stats on chats illegal also?

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way guys.

Andrew Gower's first priority in runescript at the moment is making a client that can beat the socks off of Swift. What takes it so long is that he has to code it in Runescript and give it full functionality ingame.

Have patience, and Jagex will have a good client. It won't have worldswitchers or IRC, but clan chat and calculators are in the works.

how would you know this? do you work for Jagex or with them :-s ?

Just a question. When using SS or any other form of legal (I gather that it's illegal as of now) third-party software, if your a member, when playing, there aren't any ads being displayed, so why are they getting mad over that?

I understand Jagex banning dynamic sigs and stuff, seeing as they strain their servers with the bandwidth, but if they're going to ban them, they should make their own and let people use them on fansites.

Meh, just my thoughts. But uh, if stat sigs are now illegal, are goal sigs and bots looking up people stats on chats illegal also?

Ideally, everytime you switch worlds you're supposed to click the "World Select" button, which is available to all players and therefore has ads. Each time you view the ad (you don't even have to click it) Jagex gets revenue.

In terms of bots, calculators, other stat lookup tools, they're legal as long as the user has to tell it to access the hiscores. If you have to click a button to collect stats, or type in a command of some sort like "!stats Headnazgul", you're telling it to access the hiscores, which IS in compliance to the Rule 7 revisions. Below is the exact wording they use:

It must not automatically request pages/content from our website or otherwise make excessively bandwidth intensive requests from our servers (each page/content request should only be in direct response to a user request each time).
Nazgul.jpeg

support this topic in your sig!

Don't let the space lay empty!

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=625379]Join the fight for dynamic stat sigs![/url]

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=625379]Join the fight for dynamic stat sigs![/url]

....if you had just read a few posts above you you'd understand why you can't use them....

Create 1 million dynamic sigs and host it on a website.

Then you will really be costing jagex a fortune. ~_^

~Defender~

Seriously, though. Put "~Defender~" in your sig so you don't have to end every post of yours with "~Defender~"

-muggiwhplar

Lol you put yours as -muggiwhplar :XD:

~Defender~

:XD:

77yLQy8.png

Ah ok thanks Headnazgul, I understand now.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem for me, but after trying to access Runescape through the client JaGEx made (I use SS), it wouldn't work for some odd reason...

Hard to play using 'legal' clients when theirs doesn't work.

Edit~I suppose this may be a computer error, but the timing is ironic though.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

....if you had just read a few posts above you you'd understand why you can't use them....

Yeah, Jagex does have good reason.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem for me, but after trying to access Runescape through the client JaGEx made, it wouldn't work for some odd reason...

Works perfectly on my end. It must be your computer's settings or you have out-dated java software.

Nazgul.jpeg

This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem for me, but after trying to access Runescape through the client JaGEx made, it wouldn't work for some odd reason...

Works perfectly on my end. It must be your computer's settings or you have out-dated java software.

Ironic you mentioned that. I have been getting "Java Update" messages for a week or so...

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

Ironic you mentioned that. I have been getting "Java Update" messages for a week or so...

problem solved :P

problem solved :P

Unfortunately, no...It seems I have the latest update already...Guess I go hunting for the problem in my computer.

~After downloading every update I could, it seems to work now...no idea what I did

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

*sigh*

There goes my screenshot taker.

*Goes and Downloads Screenprint 32 again*

Back to normal. :)

gadwin printscreen 0wns you :lol:

Same here trojann :cry: Which brings me to ask the following...

Which if either of these are free and easy to install? or something?

You never know when I might kill that rc pker wearing that blue party hat while i Make my nats :XD: :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

By the way guys.

Andrew Gower's first priority in runescript at the moment is making a client that can beat the socks off of Swift. What takes it so long is that he has to code it in Runescript and give it full functionality ingame.

Have patience, and Jagex will have a good client. It won't have worldswitchers or IRC, but clan chat and calculators are in the works.

the two most important aspects of clan life on runescape, and that clan chat thing will be awfull.

I've always used Jagex own client, I don't care of sigs and I don't pk norr belong to any clans so I don't need any additional chats. So it doesn't really bother me.

Although I'm looking forward that they update their client, as my Norman also "found trojan" in it and I had to put it on the ignore list to get it to work. :P I tried to contact Jagex couple months ago about it but I just got some default answer that didn't really help or tell anything.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

This entire argument would be moot if Jagex would work on not making their own client * monkey balls. In the time they've spent changing/amending the rules and coming up with useless quests, I'm pretty sure that they could have created a decent client by now.

This entire argument would be moot if Jagex would work on not making their own client * monkey balls. In the time they've spent changing/amending the rules and coming up with useless quests, I'm pretty sure that they could have created a decent client by now.

And what makes you so sure the exact same people who do revisions on the RS rules make the software that runs it? Do a little research before blatantly flaming them.

Nazgul.jpeg

Bandwidth is such a negligable cost these days, I got no idea why they are complaining about that.

Point of the matter really is, by using clients which give you access to 'full' worlds you get an unfair advantage over others not using that same software. They have correctly identified the problem, the solution on the other hand should be used as an interim measure untill they introduce server -quing or something similiar. Lets hope thats what they are doing.

I don't really like auto-loading signatures anyway, make them personal. If I wanted to know about your stats, i'd do a search. I am more interested in you.

ooh lets make a thread quoting jagex to show how much I disagree with them, and nothing more, I think im so cool, infact this thread has done so much that I think I just ended world hunger! Wheres my noble peace prize?

looks like jagex becoming less user friendly company. It will only hurt them in long run ;)

Edit: @Trixtar, i do NOT want that Jagex will tell me how to play. next thing you know it will implement auto log-off after hour of constant playing. Sorry but thats not their business if i use direct or indirect access to their worlds or their pages.

I had to laugh at this statement... Jagex OWNS the game and people suddenly think we have a democracy going. We don't! You either do it their way or play another game! That's the entire reason for RULES.

:roll:

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat