The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

still think owning an atom bomb/nuke is nothing to be proud of...and being proud of using it 2 times withing 3 days (i think) is even worse to gloat about...I feel that it would have been better to invade Japan, killing civilians is pretty cruel...US should not have made the same mistake as the Japanese

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and we were the first country to make, test, and use the atomic bomb. lol

If you don't believe me, go call Japan. If you still don't believe me, go visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki. :lol:

Yea, huhu. lol. funny man.

Sucker.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

still think owning an atom bomb/nuke is nothing to be proud of...and being proud of using it 2 times withing 3 days (i think) is even worse to gloat about...I feel that it would have been better to invade Japan, killing civilians is pretty cruel...US should not have made the same mistake as the Japanese

Understandably attacking civilians is never the way to go, but as I remember the government at the time thought that the Japanese would surrender after one atomic bomb. The second was because the Japanese were being stubborn.

I think we were looking for a quick way to end the war with minimal American casualties. We found it, unfortunately it maximized Japanese civilian casualties. I don't think it was necessarily the only was, but it was the most efficient way and the way that risked the fewest American lives. And wrong or right, what happened is over.

One thing we did do right was help them in their rebuilding efforts afterward. We gave them so much that they eventually surpassed us technologically, and not to say lives for technology is a fair trade, but we did try to make it right.

I thought a main reason for the bombs was to beat russia to beating japan.

That was another reason (Rightfully so as well) but the increased casualtys from an invasion was another large one.

But you are right, we didn't want russia to get japan -- would have been bad.

Now that's a new one :-s

Actually, it's true. The Russians beat us in Europe by taking Berlin before we could, which was practically the cause of the Cold War. Could you imagine how the Cold War would have played if the Russians had the advantage of Japanese technology? And the US without?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Now that's a new one :-s

Actually, it's true. The Russians beat us in Europe by taking Berlin before we could, which was practically the cause of the Cold War. Could you imagine how the Cold War would have played if the Russians had the advantage of Japanese technology? And the US without?

Would Vodka be involved...?

...Ah crap, nevermind. Don't drink. :(

BUT how about for those of us who do! Will there be vodka?!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I agree about gloating about it being uncool and immature....but in no way would it have been better to invade...that would have been a long and bloody battle...remember they would fight to the death literally, and had no qualms commiting suicide to kill a few of us..this was before killing yourself to take out one or two enemies became so popular with the muslims *rolls eyes*

A complete invasion of Japan would have been long, tedious, expensive and lots of lives lost on both sides.....call me crazy but if i got to choose between losing thousands of my own men, and a long bloody battle, versus drop two bombs and call it a day...im going with option two. Sympathy at the time wasn't very prevalent after they bombed Pearl Harbor on a sunday.

It was a tragic and horrifying time for the Japanese citizens, and I feel for all the men, women and children burned to death. Lesson learned? Don't ####ing bomb America. Now all that being said, what country in the entire world would have REBUILT the country and reestablished their industries? Most of the time when a country loses to another in war, they are no longer a country, they get absorbed...didn't happen. Japan didn't become our 53rd state. Now 65 years later, they own Disney and half of America..... bless them for they are smart.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

The US isn't proud of making, testing, and using the first atomic bombs. Sure, there are a few idiots in America who are proud of it but there are people in every country who are proud of things that were ethically wrong. When we used it, we were looking for a way to retaliate without losing a lot of men on our side. We also didn't want the war with Japan to draw into an expensive war. We knew the power of the A-Bombs and we knew of the immense destruction it would cause but we were also blinded by the fact that Japan actually invaded our country and by the fact that Japan was trying to take Hawaii. We aren't proud of killing thousands upon thousands of people and we definitely aren't proud of using such an immature and morally wrong way of fighting a war but it happened. Lastly, I bet if we hadn't dropped the bombs, someone would have ended up doing it anyway. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

this was before killing yourself to take out one or two enemies became so popular with the muslims *rolls eyes*

im a muslim...and i dont like it when people say that muslims in general are all like the taliban or like al-qaeda, which is not true...you probably didn't mean it that way, but say muslim fundamentalists

when i think about it...it makes sense, if America had invaded Japan w/o dropping the atom bomb then it would have led to more casualties anyway...also, w\o that 'test' the Soviets or the US might not have known the extent of the damage and it might have led to a world war 3 with nukes, rather than a cold war

We DID give them a pretty stiff warning to surrender, though.

We gave them an ultimatum telling them to give unconditional surrender, or "death would rain from the skies." We were pretty darn nice to give em a warning like that. Nazi Germany sure wouldn't have done that for us.

Then, after Colonel Tibbets dropped the first one, we asked AGAIN for unconditional surrender. Tojo & friends refused, so we gave em another one.

The deaths at Hiroshima, nasty, but we DID give them warning not to f*** with us.

The deaths at Nagasaki? Japan's fault. If we had one nuke, chances were pretty high that we had another one.

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

We gave them an ultimatum telling them to give unconditional surrender, or "death would rain from the skies." We were pretty darn nice to give em a warning like that. Nazi Germany sure wouldn't have done that for us.

Then, after Colonel Tibbets dropped the first one, we asked AGAIN for unconditional surrender. Tojo & friends refused, so we gave em another one.

The deaths at Hiroshima, nasty, but we DID give them warning not to f*** with us.

The deaths at Nagasaki? Japan's fault. If we had one nuke, chances were pretty high that we had another one.

yeah, and a few reasons Japan didn't surrender after the first one was because they didn't know the extent of the damage at Hiroshima as of 3 days after the blast...and one of the conditions placed by US was for the emperor to abdicate...the Japanese see their emperor as god, and would rather have each and every one of them killed than have their emperor abdicate...i find that abit harsh

this was before killing yourself to take out one or two enemies became so popular with the muslims *rolls eyes*

im a muslim...and i dont like it when people say that muslims in general are all like the taliban or like al-qaeda, which is not true...you probably didn't mean it that way, but say muslim fundamentalists

One problem that I have with Islam is that the regular Muslims don't band together to push out the nut jobs. Jihadist imams are BAD. Why not get rid of them? Instead, they ignore them. I'm not angry at Islam for being a haven for terrorism, (which it isn't) but I AM angry when the regular Muslims don't do anything about their nut cases.

If a priest tried to declare a Crusade on Saudi Arabia or Iran, I'd be the first one to picket at his doorstep and tell people to isolate him from mainstream Christianity. Why don't Muslims do the same?

yeah, and a few reasons Japan didn't surrender after the first one was because they didn't know the extent of the damage at Hiroshima as of 3 days after the blast...and one of the conditions placed by US was for the emperor to abdicate...the Japanese see their emperor as god, and would rather have each and every one of them killed than have their emperor abdicate...i find that abit harsh

"Death from the skies" is one of those things that you take literally.

If we had taken a fleet of B57s and dropped a few million tons of bombs on them, would it have been any different? Tojo & friends decided that their chokehold on power was worth more than their people, and they paid for it. Also, I'm guessing that not all Japanese would do that for their leader.

"Okay, Jimmy, we're going to fight the 1st Infantry Division in the streets!"

"Yay! I'm eight and already looking at certain death!"

Not happening.

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

I thought the best way was to drop the nukes. Not only will a long invasion use up precious resources, but casultaties on both sides will be high. Why?

Japanese civilians were told Americans take in and torture POW and civilians. This caused mass suicide. That's why there are kamikaze pilots. They thought they were really protecting their country from these "Americans". That's why when Americans invade, they find loads of dead Japanese civilian bodies. All this propaganda.

Do you understand?

...they didn't know the extent of the damage at Hiroshima as of 3 days after the blast...

Actually if I'm not mistaken they knew that the entire city had been leveled, but they did not believe that one bomb could have done it. They considered it a fluke if you will. We gave them fair warning and they didn't believe we could do it again....until we did. Once again, it may not have been the best course of action, but it did result in the fewest American casualties possible and that was what we were concerned with.

One could argue, however, that while an invasion could have cost more lives in that instance, the introduction of atomic bombs will surely have a greater and more devastating effect on life and the Earth over time.

Of course, it could also be said that the introduction of nuclear power in war would have been inevitable.

Oh, and by the way, you Europeans owe us for inventing the interwebz :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Hey you American's, don't forget you owe us European's for inventing your country.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hey you American's, don't forget you owe us European's for inventing your country.

No, just the French, really.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley