The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

...dont say that one religion is better than the other...just because a few nutcases in one part of the world like to use Islam to give reason to their pathetic actions dont say that Islam is bad because you dont know what it is really about...and neither do the nutcases

He didn't say Islam if you didn't notice, he said Islamic Fundamentalists and there is a radical difference between the two. Islamic Fundamentalists are those who take the Koran literally when it says to "kill the infidel." I may not agree with one saying that any religion is better than any other in most cases, but in this case I'll make an exception. Jesus said when someone strikes you turn the other cheek, not kill them like the prophet Muhammed said.

yeah your right, i take it back

but about prophet Muhammed saying that we should kill someone who strikes us then i can assure you that you are wrong, and i can give you a huge and long explanation on your pm if you want

"And fight in the cause of Allah with those who fight with you, but do not exceed the limits; surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits."

-Qu'ran 2:190

"And fight with them until there is no persecution, and relgion should only be for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors."

Qu'ran 2:193

Yes, some of them use it as an excuse to go out and kill people, but also people use these to support to show why what some of them are doing has nothing to do with their religion, and that they are violating theur beliefs.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clubs are there to join, aren't they?

I thought clubs were to beat people unconcious with. :-s

Yea, that's another meaning of the word, Nad. Good thinking.

That raises a good issue... Which meaning of club is this thread using? Club as in "a group of people" or club as in "a blunt object to hit such a group of people"?

Let's think logically now.

Well it could be a club to beat Americans with.

Wow. That's a bit different thinking :uhh:. At least the other 13 pages of posts thought "I hate America Club" is a club which you can join, not beat someone with.

1. We attacked Afghanistan because it was harboring Osama bin Laden. You know, the man who planned and orchestrated the 9/11 attacks killing 3000 innocent Americans? We were going after the leader of a dangerous terrorist organization who had attacked us.
And where did that get us? No where you don't hear a thing about Bin laden anymore.. Its like he doesn't exsist anymore.. He's prob hangin at the Bush ranch in Texas....

We only went into Iraq to finish what Bush sr couldn't.. I personally dislike our Government.. Yes i am American and if i had the chance i'd headbutt our "great" president..

You don't hear anyhting about Bin laden or Afghanistan because for the most part it was a war that most of the americans agreed with, however iraq was not, so the liberal media only shows the negative things going on in Iraq so people can dislike bush more...

1. We attacked Afghanistan because it was harboring Osama bin Laden. You know, the man who planned and orchestrated the 9/11 attacks killing 3000 innocent Americans? We were going after the leader of a dangerous terrorist organization who had attacked us.
And where did that get us? No where you don't hear a thing about Bin laden anymore.. Its like he doesn't exsist anymore.. He's prob hangin at the Bush ranch in Texas....

We only went into Iraq to finish what Bush sr couldn't.. I personally dislike our Government.. Yes i am American and if i had the chance i'd headbutt our "great" president..

You don't hear anyhting about Bin laden or Afghanistan because for the most part it was a war that most of the americans agreed with, however iraq was not, so the liberal media only shows the negative things going on in Iraq so people can dislike bush more...

To drgnslyer_15;

I'm assuming you're adding on to my post and not disagreeing with it, since you took the words right out of my mouth. =D>

To dangeresque;

Actually, we hear quite a lot about Afghanistan because the Taliban have been stepping up their resistance over the past few months. We hear about Iraq much more because several thousand more people have and still are dying there than in Afghanistan. And the media will follow the most active place - that being Iraq.

...dont say that one religion is better than the other...just because a few nutcases in one part of the world like to use Islam to give reason to their pathetic actions dont say that Islam is bad because you dont know what it is really about...and neither do the nutcases

He didn't say Islam if you didn't notice, he said Islamic Fundamentalists and there is a radical difference between the two. Islamic Fundamentalists are those who take the Koran literally when it says to "kill the infidel." I may not agree with one saying that any religion is better than any other in most cases, but in this case I'll make an exception. Jesus said when someone strikes you turn the other cheek, not kill them like the prophet Muhammed said.

but about prophet Muhammed saying that we should kill someone who strikes us then i can assure you that you are wrong, and i can give you a huge and long explanation on your pm if you want

I don't need it explained, I merely accidentally mis-spoke. I do understand that the Koran never says to kill those who strike you, but it does often say things which when translated are equivalent to kill the infidels, but therein lies the problem. I cannot read Arabic and therefore cannot read an untranslated version. Most of those who practice Islam know that there are inherent weaknesses in the translation of any book. They will claim that the Koran actually says something different, and even if it didn't these types of passages are often taken out of context I would assume.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is that I most certainly was not correct before, but as I don't know the true contents of the Koran I will in the future refrain from judgments on it. But I still believe that those who practice fundamentalist Islam are wrong because I don't believe thatno matter how you see God that he would condone violence.

I don't need it explained, I merely accidentally mis-spoke. I do understand that the Koran never says to kill those who strike you, but it does often say things which when translated are equivalent to kill the infidels, but therein lies the problem. I cannot read Arabic and therefore cannot read an untranslated version. Most of those who practice Islam know that there are inherent weaknesses in the translation of any book. They will claim that the Koran actually says something different, and even if it didn't these types of passages are often taken out of context I would assume.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is that I most certainly was not correct before, but as I don't know the true contents of the Koran I will in the future refrain from judgments on it. But I still believe that those who practice fundamentalist Islam are wrong because I don't believe thatno matter how you see God that he would condone violence.

i believe fundamentalists are wrong too...for the same reason as you

i believe fundamentalists are wrong too...for the same reason as you

Did none of you looked what I said in response to this? :?

A lot of people (especially in European countries) sometimes act total [bleep]s toward Americans. They say "Ahahaha! Our Euro/Pound is better than your piece of [cabbage] dollar!" or "We're making nuclear weapons!"

1. Who gives?

2. We already have nukes. In fact we have to freakin destroy some of them because we have "too many."

3. Why act a total [bleep] when you're complaining that we're acting total [bleep]s?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I just laugh at Euro-d00dz who like to use the "Americans are fat!" defense...

News flash: the UK has a very high obesity rate too, and their obesity in children rate is higher than America's! (1/3:1/4)

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I just laugh at Euro-d00dz who like to use the "Americans are fat!" defense...

News flash: the UK has a very high obesity rate too, and their obesity in children rate is higher than America's! (1/3:1/4)

I agree with that i don't use the America is fat line cos i know that the UK is unfortunately catching up to America. Its discusting a cant go out anymore without seein a few people that look like the side of a house. :wall:
iteme3721.jpg

Europeans have a 35 hour workweek and have 6 weeks of paid vacation. 'Nuff said.

That is total horse faeces. Steaming and fly-ridden, with some undigested grass in it.

I'm interested to know where you got that fibrous, tapered nugget of brown.

I was right about the 35 hour workweek.

35 hour workweek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4373167.stm

http://regionsofmind.blog-city.com/end_of_the_35hour_work_week.htm

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,951112,00.html

(This one is from 1984, but is talking about impeding workweek cuts)

You were right about the paid vacation. #-o

Paid vacation:

http://itotd.com/articles/351/work-week-and-vacation-variances/

http://www.orgcoach.net/newsletter/oct2003.html

snapfigb.jpg

Sorry, I made a mistake with the weeks of paid vacation. The EU mandates 4 weeks, but several have 5. You were right there. :oops:

Took 3 minutes of Googling to find that. However, I got the original assertion from Mark Steyn, one of the most [wagon]-kicking master debaters :lol: out there.

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

In case anyone doesn't understand this, Americans do in fact understand less about other countries. You want to know why? Unlike you Europeans, most of us don't live 5 feet from another country. We don't need to know about European countries all that much because we don't live anywhere close to them.

Call us stupid, call us ignorant, but relatively us knowing about other US states is pretty much the same as you guy knowing about that next door neighbor country. It just isn't necessary to know about them.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

In case anyone doesn't understand this, Americans do in fact understand less about other countries. You want to know why? Unlike you Europeans, most of us don't live 5 feet from another country. We don't need to know about European countries all that much because we don't live anywhere close to them.

Call us stupid, call us ignorant, but relatively us knowing about other US states is pretty much the same as you guy knowing about that next door neighbor country. It just isn't necessary to know about them.

Agreed.

If I asked a european about varrious states they probaly wouldn't know much or know as much as the average american would about europe.

Oh and we were the first country to make, test, and use the atomic bomb. lol

If you don't believe me, go call Japan. If you still don't believe me, go visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki. :lol:

SWAG

If you don't believe me, go call Japan. If you still don't believe me, go visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki. :lol:

So you can visit the one PEICE of building left standing that they made into a memorial? As far as I know of, there is almost no sign today that those nukes were ever dropped. :-s

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

So you can visit the one PEICE of building left standing that they made into a memorial? As far as I know of, there is almost no sign today that those nukes were ever dropped. :-s

lol Except a sign on the memorial that says "Rest in peace. It will never happen again."

SWAG

lol Except a sign on the memorial that says "Rest in peace. It will never happen again."

I'm confused... Are you actually laughing at the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, most of which being civilians?

I'm confused... Are you actually laughing at the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, most of which being civilians?

Nope I'm just saying America was the first country in possession of an atomic bomb, and if you don't believe that you can go visit those places or research.

SWAG

Seriously, (I'm American BTW) owning atomic bombs is nothing to be proud of. What we did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki is nothing to be proud of. Many, many people died, and (correct me if I'm wrong) we ruined their land for a very long time. It's still dangerous to go to those cities.

So being the first country to own a tool used for mass killing is nothing to gloat about.

3898000bYVcx.png

The better question to be asked is, was it worth using the atom bombs on the two cities, compared to mass invasion of Japan.

Ending the war as quick as possible with the fewest amount of casualties is something to be proud of, although I'm unsure if atom bombing was for the best.

The better question to be asked is, was it worth using the atom bombs on the two cities, compared to mass invasion of Japan.

Ending the war as quick as possible with the fewest amount of casualties is something to be proud of, although I'm unsure if atom bombing was for the best.

I agree. I simply think that the atom bomb was a step too far too soon.

3898000bYVcx.png

In all fairness, Japan got cocky and attacked the USA...So we put them in their place and the war ended.

...We haven't been attacked by another countries military since. And no, whoever is thinking of posting "UHHH 9/11?!?!?!" - you're a dork. That was not a countries army, it was some lamer Muslims with some hi-jacked planes.

And I doubt we'll ever be attacked again...Unless they forget that we really don't tolorate that kinda' crap and will TOTALLY melt your whole country for sport.

Oh yea, and THAT is why everyone hates America...:P

For the record, I'm not sayin' nuking countries is cool, but...Don't start nuttin', won't be nuttin'. :P Using nukes on the face of Earth isn't a wise idea, considering it's the same method of power the sun uses...That just can't be good.

- Me!

In all fairness, Japan got cocky and attacked the USA...So we put them in their place and the war ended.

...We haven't been attacked by another countries military since. And no, whoever is thinking of posting "UHHH 9/11?!?!?!" - you're a dork. That was not a countries army, it was some lamer Muslims with some hi-jacked planes.

And I doubt we'll ever be attacked again...Unless they forget that we really don't tolorate that kinda' crap and will TOTALLY melt your whole country for sport.

Oh yea, and THAT is why everyone hates America...:P

For the record, I'm not sayin' nuking countries is cool, but...Don't start nuttin', won't be nuttin'. :P Using nukes on the face of Earth isn't a wise idea, considering it's the same method of power the sun uses...That just can't be good.

I know this may sound a tad anal or petty, but I don't mind. The nuclear power from the sun is through fusion of light nuclei to form heavier ones, more specifically the fusion of two protons to form helium nuclei. Nuclear weapons and power plants utilise fission or the splitting of a large atom, more specifically the splitting of a particular uranium isotope to get two nuclei roughly half the size. Actually you were kinda right, hydrogen bombs utilise a partly fusion reaction. Some even detonate in multiple stages of fission-fusion-fission/whatever.