The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

...And that's exactly what I did. I pointed out that your point is an opinion of yours and you should not be so insisting in making your opinionative point appear to be fact.

There, I even did a little illustration so you could see my point, for you.

Please. I must ask you to ask yourself if you think that that is true. If it is my opinion, then why does it seem true? I have given examples. We help people and they hate us. We are helping Iraq, and three quarters of the population is like "Kill America!".

Trust me, I'm not trying to start a flamewar with this. If my bold itallics thing seems that way, well, I was just using your method in jest for you to see it was a bit silly and unecessary.

In response to whether I think it was true what you claim, I think elements of it are. America does get a bit of unwarranted flack, especially from some of the people on these boards. I think you have to realise, however, that the majority of these boards does no way reflect the majority of opinion out of it. Saying 75% of the world is all against you is, in my opinion, a huge exaggeration, with no real material to base upon.

Now, I'm not a fan of Bush or the war in Iraq, but I'll leave that arguement aside. My original post on this thread was that I do not hate America. America does a lot of work for the third world, the trade industry undoubtedly, military wise (with varying opinions of success, obviously). Of course, there is arguements that say they should be doing these things as the world's superpower anyway, but that's another matter. Personally, I'm glad and grateful that it is, hence why I'm taking a large interest in the U.S. elections for next year, as it will have an impact on the entire world. It could be for the better or for the worse, I don't know, but obviously I wish for the former, because the U.S. is capable of it.

The only thing I hate about America can be related to my original post:

They hate us because they have to depend on us

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Why everyone hates America? Because many Americans think the above. Trust me, you don't.

I was referring, of course, to this ideal that some, probably a minority of, Americans think that the world is dependant on the U.S. It's not, at all, in my opinion, because while the U.S. is undoubtedly the leading world power, the world could function without it (although I'd rather not).

So, basically (:P), I think America cops unwarranted flack, such as those who hate it and Bush purely on the merit that everyone else does, but it's not as bad as you made it seem. I also think people have the right to hate it based on their experience with it, while also respecting others' reasons for defending it. (I'd be crazy to think the world could function like that, though).

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

I have been corrected once today, and will be openly corrected again. But I doubt I have to be corrected.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but when did I say Iraq asked for help?

Pompey Spud, we didn't just decide to go in and rid them of him-he was a Taliban leader. He was killing people. He probably helped organize 9/11. The point is, we were helping Iraq, and they hate us. What I actually said is:

When we pull out and they fall under communisum again, they will come crying to us for help, even after all of that anti-America propaganda, and beg for help.

And, because we are America, we will help. See, it is a lose-lose situation for our presidents. We have so many bleeding heart pascifist(sp?) idiots here that, if we don't help, they hate them for not saving Iraq. But when we do help, they hate them for helping and killing to save them.

I hope I have clarified this.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

You never actually say Iraq directly asked for help, but you hint constantely, things like 'They'll come crying for help again', etc.

You claim if you hadn't gone in to help them, the pacifists would have been whinging? Well then your country needs to get its priorities straight. I'm 100% certain there wouldn't be as much protest as there is now if you hadn't gone into Iraq, don't you agree?

supernovasigst7.jpg

Again: The point is that we help the weak and get hated for it. Don't skip the point, and then critizize things that reinforce the point. See, I was even nice and changed the type of letters in the point. So, for anyone else who has a problem with my facts in my post... please, don't say so.

Now that is categorically false. America does not have a long history of protecting repressed peoples of the world, actually America has a long history of protecting its own interests by any means available. These means include; co-operating with dictators/dictatorships as well as funding foreign guerilla/terrorist groups (in terms of munitions or via narcotics revenues).

======================================

A few examples of this would be;

Nicaragua ( The Iran-Contra affair - where weapons were sold illegally to Iran in order to fund The Contra's who aimed to takeover the country. The Contra's were also funded via drug trafficking which the USA was aware of. This attempt to overthrow the Nicaraguan government was declared to be in violation of International law in the case of The Republic of Nicaragua vs. The United States of America.

----------------------------

Cuba

The CIA planned to carry out terrorist attacks on American interests/citzens, and to blame it on the Cuba in order to gain enough support to mount a full scale invasion of Cuba. Among the acts proposed were the sinking of US ships in Guantanamo Bay & the placing bombsin areas populated by the Cuban exilecommunity in Florida.

On top of this the USA has for many years has harbored Orlando Bosch

, a self-confessed terrorist who in 1976 blew up Cubana Flight 455 which killed all 73 passengers. While he was initially charged for other crimes he commited in USA he was pardoned by George HW Bush. Remind me didnt the USA go to war with Afghanistan for harbouring terrorists? That stinks of hypocrisy. Bosch also organized the killing of Chilean former minister Orlando Letelier in 1976.

On top of that the CIA co-operated with the American Mafia to assasinate Castro.

=================

I'll the detailed examinations to those to for now but for future reference we could go into;

US support for Iraq during the war with Iran which ignored the nature of Saddams regime & the attrocities the US was facilitating by giving Iraq equipment. Donald Rumsfeld was a keyplayer in this one

The CIA's use of Panamian de facto leader Manuel Noriega as an agent. He then later siezed control of Panama & used his position to control state sponsored drug trafficking. He was only taken care of when he threatened the US with closing the Panama canal on them, which threatened US trade.

The CIA's training of the forces in Afghanistan, in order to fight the Russians. Many of those soldiers that were trained (including one Osama Bin Laden) then later decided to fight America. The ultimate ideals of these people (Islamic fundamentalism) were known to the US at the time but were ignored in order to facilitate 'the greater good'.

The continual blind eye that America casts upon Israel's war crimes towards the Palestinians. This includes the Mossad campaigns of targeted killing. America also ignored Israels nuclear proliferation.

America's intervention in Vietnam was purely in order to protect its own interests, if America really cared about thne freedom of the Vietnamese people they would have stayed no matter what. In fact the intervention them is still making them suffer; the use of chemical weapons in the Vietnam War, particularly Agent Orange which is still killing civilians.

Christ, the USA only got involved in WW2 because of Pearl Harbour in Dec. 1941. However, since then many seem to think that the USA went into WW2 as they were idealogically opposed to the Nazi's and wanted to protect the smaller nations of Europe & the Jews of Europe from the Nazi's which is false, there was no effort to protect anybody else until it was of American interest to do so.

I could go on but you get what I'm trying to say, America is not the greater defender of freedom as you paint it out to be but instead it is a nation that is more than willing to ignore anything & a nation that will stoop to any means to benefit itself regardless of what happens to other nation. Dont get me wrong the US does sometimes do the right thing but usually there is something in it for them.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Spud, I hint nothing. I have a feeling that you are reading way to much into what I say. Also, do you live in America? Probably not, because if you did, you wouldn't say so much. Bleeding hearts and pacifists would, as you say, 'whine', about not saving Iraq and the Middle East from tyrants like Hussein and Bin Laden. So, for future reference, don't speak if you don't know what you are talking about.

1 Man Army. For you, I didn't even read your post, because it wasn't worth it. Basically, from the few lines I read, you point out the classic stereotypical(sp?) views on America. We can protect our interests. We do, but I would like you to tell me of one country who wouldn't. Also, what you say are most likely malicious rumors. I have never heard anything of them, and they would be the scandal of the century for the US. Do you read the National Inquirer by chance? *points at sig* But we still help the weak/devoloping countries.

Here's and idea: Someone create a topic on this. That way, we aren't wasting space on No 0ne's topic.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

for all the people that are flaming me because of what i said about the war on terrorism, i wan not telling america to completely halt the war on terrorism, i was only saying that your way of taking the taliban down is completely wrong, and if it was taken differently than it would be over with faster and with less casualties...and as for the fact of me being 15 i dont think it should matter to you khron, the dude who is an army official, because i dont give a **** what the hell you are in social or political status << i hate people who think they are smarter/better/and superior to someone else because of age/social/political/and in this case military status

btw to everyone the ONLY reason US joined WW2 was because of the attack on Pearl Harbour, then Germany declared war on US which resulted in US declaring war on Germany...and yes it was the soviets that won, from what i remember the 'battle of the 100 days' was going very badly for us on the west *correct me if im wrong

oh and btw...im not christian but i am pretty sure jesus did not start a WAR in the name of helping people...so maybe you should get your little self over to the taliban, throw up your hands, walk into their headquarters and ask them for peace in the name of god loving America???

Spud, I hint nothing. I have a feeling that you are reading way to much into what I say.

1 Man Army. For you, I didn't even read your post, because it wasn't worth it. Basically, from the few lines I read, you point out the classic stereotypical(sp?) views on America. We can protect our interests. We do, but I would like you to tell me of one country who wouldn't. Also, what you say are most likely malicious rumors. I have never heard anything of them, and they would be the scandal of the century for the US. Do you read the National Inquirer by chance? *points at sig* But we still help the weak/devoloping countries.

Here's and idea: Someone create a topic on this. That way, we aren't wasting space on No 0ne's topic.

Okay for a start the cases mentioned in my post are not rumors, they are in fact actual historical cases I implore you to do your own research on each & every case I mention if you wish.

Secondly - yes I am for nations protecting their interests but not via many of the methods that have used by USA in the past which I detailed in my post.

Thirdly - many of these cases where big scandals at the time (particularly the Iran-Contra affair) others where suppressed at the time by the US government & released to thepublic years after the fact while some are just plain ignored by certain aspects of the media which are too afraid to be overtly critical of the US government.

Lastly, no I don't read the National Enquirer as to the best of my knowledge it isnt sold in America.

Interesting links

Cuba

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Bosch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_contra

Nicaragua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contra%27s_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua_v._United_States

Afghanistan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_resistance#Afghan_mujahideen

Panama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Noriega

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Panama#International_reaction

Iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran-Iraq_war

Israel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_nuclear_program#Nuclear_weapons_capability

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordechai_Vanunu

Misc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_state_terrorism_by_United_States_of_America

Now you may not want to read any of those because lets face it, it's really not what you want to hear, but they have all happened. Just because you refuse to accept it doesn't make it any less true.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

i don't agree with other countries such as Russia, China, India etc having Nukes...i think they should be completely wiped of the face of this planet, but US should get rid of the bombs...if the old ones are no longer operational ofr w\e than whats the point of replacing them, just get rid of the old ones and live on with your life...so many other countries are living without nukes...and if its for defense than maybe your leaders shouldn't keep starting wars

*sigh*

The chances of countries (America and all others) disarming their nukes/ bombs are about as good as Greenpeace creating a nuclear powered harpoon to kill seals. And we don't start wars, smart boy. 9/11... who had their major buildings attacked? Australia? Iran? No, wait...AMERICA!! :XD: :XD: We didn't start WWII. Hitler was commiting a mass Genocide. We aren't going to sit by and watch that. We have started precious few wars with other countries. And yes, it's for defense. We bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end a bloody war. We haven't nuked anyone since.

I'm from the US, and frankly, I support Bush. There are total idiots out there like Jane Fonda who are like "Yeah, I hate my ******* country because we are in the middle of a war". Well, to anyone who thinks like that, GET WITH IT! Whether you are American or not, if you don't want us to get in wars, don't attack us, and don't attack our allies. No, wait, don't attack anyone. I could live with world peace, but until that happens (which it won't, with people like Bin Laden out there), don't attack anyone unfairly. We had nothing to do with WWII, but when Hitler killed millions of Jews, we stepped in to stop it. America did more for the modern world in the ways of protecting the weak than any other country. I don't see how you can hate America if you take a look at what we have done to protect the world in general. We'd all be blonde haired blue eyed if we hadn't stopped Hitler, and there would be no Jews. That is just one example. Admitted, we made mistakes before. Our own Civil War is proof of that. But I don't see how you can hate America if you aren't a Neo-Nazi or terrorist.... =;

Thankyou.

~goldphishies~

Well, said. A little over the top at the end, but well said.

look at the title of this post please...it says why do people hate AMERICA...not russia or china or any other nucleur power...if someone wants to make a post of 'Why do people hate Russia', then i will be glad to post 'because they have nukes'

also about stepping in to stop the mass killing of jews, i think other have explained and i did so in my plast post that wasnt the case

and about hiroshima and nagasaki, i think the japanese were extremely horrible for inflicting damage to the civilians, instead it should have been done to people who signed up and agreed to die, soldiers | US made the same mistake, they killed innocent civilians not soldiers

And Lordkrohn. Well said. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Couldn't of said it better. =D> =D>

Thanks Gold, see ya in game sometime. Sometimes it feels like I am trying to explain to a group of brain washed children that the world truly is not flat....hehe :XD:

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Interesting links

Cuba

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Bosch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_contra

Nicaragua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contra%27s_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua_v._United_States

Afghanistan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_resistance#Afghan_mujahideen

Panama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Noriega

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Panama#International_reaction

Iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran-Iraq_war

Israel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_nuclear_program#Nuclear_weapons_capability

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordechai_Vanunu

Misc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_state_terrorism_by_United_States_of_America

I hate to be knit picky, but wikipedia is notorious for having extremely biased, flawed, mis-quoted, and just downright incorrect information. I understand this is not a reason to distrust everything on the site, but it certainly warrants that you take things that you find on there with a grain of salt as it were, because any person who wants to spread whatever bs the want can go on those links and change them to say anything.

@Nitramosma: Got any real proof to back up that statement rather than personal opinion :uhh:

The fact that anyone could go and edit Wikipedia at any time is proof enough. If I wanted to, I could go to Abraham Lincoln's Wiki and change his date of birth.

Numbers can easily be changed without violating the anti-vandalism protection. That is why Wikipedia can not be trusted.

I don't allow my students to turn in anything from Wiki for that reason.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

@Nitramosma: Got any real proof to back up that statement rather than personal opinion :uhh:

Yeah I've very rarley (well never in my case) seen something wrong on wiki.

edit: @ bari - most of the bigger things are moderated by others and get changed back quite fast.

Either way he needs to back up that statement instead of just going "lol wiki sucks".

I don't really care at all if others hate America. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I just don't like it when people think they know what every American is like just because of what some of them act or do.

Bush is the best president ever. :^o

We have started precious few wars with other countries. And yes, it's for defense.

Mexican American war, anyone? THAT wasn't defense, that was "We want your land, Mexico - we'll offer to buy it from you, but if you won't sell it, we'll just take it from you."

sig2.jpg

We have started precious few wars with other countries. And yes, it's for defense.

Mexican American war, anyone? THAT wasn't defense, that was "We want your land, Mexico - we'll offer to buy it from you, but if you won't sell it, we'll just take it from you."

i didnt say that...i only quotes what someone else said

The Mexicans invaded Texas...

We were going to make high demands, but the Mexicans opted for a land deal instead.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

The fact that anyone could go and edit Wikipedia at any time is proof enough. If I wanted to, I could go to Abraham Lincoln's Wiki and change his date of birth.

Numbers can easily be changed without violating the anti-vandalism protection. That is why Wikipedia can not be trusted.

I don't allow my students to turn in anything from Wiki for that reason.

I went for Wikipedia because its easily accessible and it allows me to search through its mass of content easily. You're also forgetting that most articles on wikipedia (and all of the ones I posted) are referencing other material.

wild_bunch.gif

*sigh*

You are a true fool.

Precious few wars.

Precious few wars...gee...that may mean...very few. Not none. Very few. I didn't say we don't start wars. Just very few. So, please. Don't advertise your low IQ level by obviously trying to flame something I make quite clear just for the sake of flaming.

And you prove your idiocy by quoting the wrong person. Nice one. I said that in the first place, not Xplod. So check your quotes.

And 1 Man Army. Wikipedia is horrible. I could go on and say Washington served over in Iraq and won 100 gold medals in the olympics. So use more reliable sources.

goldphishies.jpeg

And 1 Man Army. Wikipedia is horrible. I could go on and say Washington served over in Iraq and won 100 gold medals in the olympics. So use more reliable sources.

But then that would be editted out and changed to fact within seconds by one of the many, very well educated admins Wiki has on call, who get alerted to every single edit made...

Wiki is a pretty safe place to go for relatively reliable stuff. As you've said countless times before (or at least Krohn) 'stop listening to all the media BS'. Might not be the media telling you Wiki is unreliable, just a few people who probably got rejected as Admins or something, but the point remains.

supernovasigst7.jpg

I love how Europeans bash us for being militaristic when WE pay YOUR military costs so you can waste the money on your 35 hour a week workweek and crazy welfare states.

Say we were to pull out of all foreign places. Hooray for genocide, I mean "ethnic cleansing," (mass murder sounds so much better when it sounds like spring cleaning) in Kosovo! =D> Hooray for no relief when some enormous tsunami hits Indonesia again! (your EU "aid" took a LONG time coming) Whatever, we don't want to be a hyperpower anymore. Plus, you have to get rid of your national healthcare because we aren't paying for your military anymore. (or raise taxes, as if they weren't high enough already)

Face it, America is the first non-imperial dominant power. Call us imperialists, but I certainly don't see Craterstan and Iraq as the 51st and 52nd states, and neither does Congress. Soon as Iraq gets back on its feet, we're out of there like shotgun pellets from Richard Cheney's gun. If we were imperialists, the Great White North would soon be tasting the lead of the Great Satan. But we don't invade, because we aren't imperialists. Same thing with Mexico. Same thing with France. (they'd surrender in nothing flat) Same thing with Saudi Arabia, Oman, and the U.A.E. If we wanted oil, we'd invade Kuwait, not Iraq.

America is looking out for its interests. We're interested in making sure that the people who want to attack America get a taste of the daisy cutter. 8-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to your social aspect of hating America. Europeans hate us because we're fat, lazy, ignorant, racist, don't have national healthcare and welfare, and are all Christian Fundamentalists.

First of all, yes, we are fat. Your point?

Americans work a 50 hour workweek, and many work overtime. Europeans have a 35 hour workweek and have 6 weeks of paid vacation. 'Nuff said.

Racism? How about the British National Party? How about its French equivalent? How about the crowds of angry Muslims rampaging through the streets during the Danish Cartoon Riots denouncing freedom as "Western terrorism" and pledging that the "enemies of Islam would drown in their own blood?" Resurgent Anti-Semitism in Germany? The list goes on and on. Meanwhile, we take dramatic steps to phase out bigotry in the South. We might not be able to persuade Billy Bob into knowing that blacks are also people, but we WILL make sure that Billy Bob Jr. does.

National welfare? Yeah, we hate that. I, as do many of my fellow Americans, don't like the fact that other people get money for my work. You work, you get paid. You don't work, you live in a cardboard box at the homeless shelter. If you get injured, that's one thing. But just sitting at home and waiting for the check to come in? Hell no, I'm not paying.

Without Medicaid and Medicare, America would be a lot better off. Hospitals run a version of their own private welfare, by the fact that they raise prices for those who have health insurance to cover those who don't. Medicare and Medicaid HURT hospitals because the government pays hospitals terrible prices for people who CAN pay, and as a result, the people who can't pay get stuck on the streets. Hooray for socialism! =D>

When Europeans get snooty at us for having "bad" (meaning non-Socialist) healthcare, they forget that access to a "waiting list" is not access to healthcare. If I screw up my knee doing gymnastics, I don't want to wait a year and a half for my surgery. And if we were to put in national healthcare, protecting the 40 million Americans without health insurance, those 40 million Americans would join the 260 million Americans who DO. Those 260 million Americans should have the say in the way their money is spent, especially when they watch their healthcare turn from decent to mediocre. But then again, it's "selfish" to try to keep money for yourself. But isn't it even more selfish to live off the money of others?

Yeah, we're all Christian Fundamentalists. Maybe the fact that we aren't secularist contributes to the fact that we have a sustainable birthrate, and Europe doesn't. However, we're not all Bible-thumping Evangelists. Just look at each state's Cambridge or Berkeley or wherever "those" (the Latin word "isti" fits perfectly) people hang out. Look at the states that vote blue in each election, (I'm in the most liberal one, and can say that not many people go to church) and you'll see that they aren't that religious. Besides, I'd say that Christian Fundamentalism is a LOT better than Fundamentalist Islam, something that will turn Europe into Eurabia in 50 years, thanks to Europe's Post-Christian birth-rates. Yay!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia is good for general knowledge, but not citing as fact. The references, however, are generally good. My statistics are gotten from the CIA Fact Book, available in most libraries, and various newspapers (London Times et al)

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

there are plenty of hethens in the world who will hate america simply because it is one nation under god.

Again: The point is that we help the weak and get hated for it. Don't skip the point, and then critizize things that reinforce the point. See, I was even nice and changed the type of letters in the point. So, for anyone else who has a problem with my facts in my post... please, don't say so.

Maybe it's these kind of remarks...and you know these people live in the States?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!