The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with many people who dislike the US is that they do not like the patronising way the US has towards every other country in the world.

Yes, they are the most influential country, and yes, they have the strongest and best army, but still, there's no need to use that army, or to use the power of influence to change other countries. There are too many countries who have to bow to the western countires (including the EU) because otherwise they would go completely bankrupt. We abuse this power, and that's more than sufficiant reason to dislike us. Many Europeans do not like the US at the moment, because its government ignores the opinion of the countries that oppose it, even though they sometimes should listen. If half of Europe wants the war in Iraq to slowly ocme to an end, the US should be clever enough to realise that not doing anything we desire will result in bad goodwill from our part. And vice versa: if the EU, or many of its nations, ignores the vision of the US, they'll only harm themselves. It's bad PR, it's bad for the economy and it's bad for world peace, which can never be achieved unless all countries will actually work together. And that'll never happen.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Some people were discussing the welfare system of the US on the previous page, and I had to chime in.

Yes, America has one of the highest poor-rich gaps in the world. But why doesn't the government play Robin Hood? Because it's illegal. Hell, it's in the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution (the unchangeable Bill of Rights). America ditched England in the first place because Britain would tax the hell out of us, then a company of soldiers would demand that we quarter them and pay even more money to help the army we were fighting! If the US raised taxes on rich people, they'd be breaking Constitutional law, which is the highest law.

As for welfare, it's corrupt. A single mother of 2 children who could live on a job she can get will quit her job and have MORE children in order to get more money, depriving the children so she can maximize her profits. There's also the dependency on welfare, which does not inspire healthy attitudes towards working.

I've met homeless people, I've been around them. The ones that actually need help are the sick and mentally unstable. The drunks, too. But many of them are perfectly healthy with MANY chances to get out of poverty who don't take it. Why? Because the government is paying for them to live, and because they see it as a GAME. A Freaking Game. They think they are Robin Hood, fighting for injustice. Some just enjoy the thrill. It shocked the crap out of me to hear this from their own mouths.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know who actually needs welfare (a small percentage of all who claim it) and those who abuse it. Regardless, it's costing the US many billions of dollars. I can honestly understand why Washington is looking at snuffing it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Some people were discussing the welfare system of the US on the previous page, and I had to chime in.

Yes, America has one of the highest poor-rich gaps in the world. But why doesn't the government play Robin Hood? Because it's illegal. Hell, it's in the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution (the unchangeable Bill of Rights). America ditched England in the first place because Britain would tax the hell out of us, then a company of soldiers would demand that we quarter them and pay even more money to help the army we were fighting! If the US raised taxes on rich people, they'd be breaking Constitutional law, which is the highest law.

It's illegal...? Huh? It's unfair I suppose to those who have made tons of cash, but I'd rather have some of that $53.5 billion dollars in tax deductions go a little to the people who actually need it.

Anyways, I still don't get where you were going with that analogy, at all.

As for welfare, it's corrupt. A single mother of 2 children who could live on a job she can get will quit her job and have MORE children in order to get more money, depriving the children so she can maximize her profits. There's also the dependency on welfare, which does not inspire healthy attitudes towards working.

The average welfare increase for another child is $57 a month. On average it costs $88.50 a month for that new child. Many states don't even offer any more money for new children.

Ya, like their having that child to get more money, genius.

I've met homeless people, I've been around them. The ones that actually need help are the sick and mentally unstable. The drunks, too. But many of them are perfectly healthy with MANY chances to get out of poverty who don't take it. Why? Because the government is paying for them to live, and because they see it as a GAME. A Freaking Game. They think they are Robin Hood, fighting for injustice. Some just enjoy the thrill. It shocked the crap out of me to hear this from their own mouths.

That's quite a minority of the those on welfare -.- .

Unfortunately, there's no way to know who actually needs welfare (a small percentage of all who claim it) and those who abuse it. Regardless, it's costing the US many billions of dollars. I can honestly understand why Washington is looking at snuffing it.

As said before, a resent survey showed that only 8% of people on welfare showed signs of fraud. Again, the vast majority of those are just people unaware that they needed to change their information or something.

Dude, those billions of dollars are keeping millions of people alive.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Dude, those billions of dollars are keeping millions of people alive.

Yeah because before wellfare the United States was a country of starving people. It's 150 year past before wellfare marked the deaths of millions dying from starvation and widespread crime due to that. /end sarcasm

As to income tax the Supreme Court ruled income tax as unconstitutional in the 1890's. It wasn't until WWI that the politicians were able to try to sneak it back in and then it was only supposed to be a tax on the top 1% and wouldn't ever be something that would affect the average American citizen. As usual once the government got their foot in the door next thing that happens is they are taxing the crap out of everyone.

Ambassadar.png

Ugh, do you have any idea what kind of situations people often are in? It's not like everyone on welfare is a lazy spenthrift bum, that's an ignorant stereotype. If people can get off welfare, most do in under a year, two tops. Some are just in situations where their lack of [college] education and family situation trap them, no matter how much work they do. In fact, in many cases working too much just hurts them, because they get docked on their welfare for doing extra work.

And for the record, fraud in welfare accounts for only about 8% of it. Nearly all of that is just errors made by people trying to do it honestly, but forget to change their information when they move, or something else of that sort.

Oh, and make sure not to think that because someone wasn't as fortunate as you in getting a proper education that they're any less of a person than you.

Never claimed all people on welfare are slackers and scammers, though a good percentage are. Welfare is a neccessary program for people who need a temporary hand due to unforeseen circumstances. Some even need it for life, like the severely handicapped, but the ones popping out 5 kids from 5 dif daddies just need to be sterorized and given a job.

...as fortunate as me? rofl...oh my dear man if you only knew....I grew up poor, dropped out of high school at 17 yo and joined the Navy, went through two wives until I found a wonderful woman who supported my inner drive to be successful, got my high school diploma, and my bachelors, multiple certifications in physical fitness and law enforcement and advanced up the ranks in the military with distinction.....fortunate? not hardly..it's called WORK ETHICS. Anyone can join the military and be successful, just have to work hard and stay out of trouble. I rather enjoy my $82,000 salary, add in my wifes teacher pay (although she is almost finished with her Masters, then she will be a vice principal for two years, then a principal...which starts at higher then I make now....show me the money hehe) and we do okay...but forunate? rofl....no silver spoon here......you think that I think they are less then me? never said that....lazier though?...most are...absolutely.

As I say at work all the time...RESULTS, NOT EXCUSES.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

What analogy Reb? According to Article 4 of the Constitution of the United States, it's illegal to steal people's money. That includes unfair levying of taxes.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I don't hate the U.S.A., but having what almost everybody I know (including me) thinks of as a peanut-brained idiot as leader doesn't make a country very popular.

P.S. Before everybody's going to start flaming me, I lived in the U.S.A. for three years. I'm glad I'm back in the Netherlands.

Having the world's 'idiot' as leader and ranking number one on the obesity levels makes some people think their country is better than US. Which in fact, some are. :o :P

I bet you 9 million dollars that bush is smarter than you

I WILL TAKE THAT BET.

This is the mentality that annoys me as a US citizen. Yes I'm a republican and I do in fact think Bush is far from the worst leader possible, but that aside lets look at this without considering that. Do you really think you can be a moron somehow magically attain a position as the leader of the worlds largest superpower? Get real! Just because someone sucks at speaking in public means that they are stupid. If I called everyone who stuttered [developmentally delayed] do you know how fast I'd get the [cabbage] kicked out of me? Drop your stupid ideals that make you think you're better than everyone else.

You forget who George Bush is. He's not your average moron, he's a rich, daddy-used-to-be-President moron. How do you think he went to an Ivy University? Some people use this as an argument that he MUST be smart, but he was a C average student...Hell, I didn't even TRY in school and I did better than that. His daddy got him in. Then he went on to be an oil man himself, which made him a millionare...And lets face it, all you need to be President is money and a better-than-the-other-bad-canidate stance.

I don't think IQ tests mean very much as to how smart you are, they're usually just logic problems...But I'd be HAPPY to take one versus George Bush. I don't think I'm the brightest person on Earth...I mean, I know smarter people...But damn, that dude can't even get out a sentance without sounding like a moron. People can say "Oh, he's speaking in front of millions! He's just a bad speaker because he's anxious!"...No. Just no, dude...Come on. He's been doing it for over a decade now. He tries to be funny and witty and sound smart and it ALWAYS back-fires and he sounds like a dope. That's probably the only thing I like about him...He's the only President I've ever actually been able to point and laugh at.

...Well, unless you count Bill Clinton...I laughed when he got caught doin' Monica, but he was still a good President and I didn't think that was horrible. :lol:

If Bill Clinton studdered would you call him dumb?

I know America has it's own flaws but so does every other country. I don't approve of the way we are trying to act like world police but I am completley offendend with all the stereotyping being done against America. We abuse our power, there is no denying that, but we also use our power for good. Everyone has a brief shining moment where everyone approves of what they are doing, that moment, is brief, but for that one moment it is your chance to prove you are capable of doing whats right. After that though, you go back to being the person/country that has many opposers, we have to live with it.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

He doesn't stutter, Danger. He bumbles and fumbles. Totally different.

And if Bill Clinton spoke and had the same thought processes as George Bush, yes, he'd be an idiot.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Regardless of what you think of America, it's a country that matters. Everyone you meet has an opinion about America even though most of them haven't been there or really experienced it. Most people (me aswell) form their opinion from what they've heard about in the media. However, I'm thankful for what America has done for the world. They often act when something is terribly wrong in the world. Might not always be the best outcome but at least they made an effort. After watching Hotel Rwanda I think that the worst thing you can do is to do nothing.

In Sweden we don't have the will nor the power to do anything. The whole country could disappear tomorrow and the world would still be the same. Maybe you'd miss IKEA, but it's not like there aren't other stores out there.

untitledyw7.png

The whole country could disappear tomorrow and the world would still be the same. Maybe you'd miss IKEA, but it's not like there aren't other stores out there.

If Kazakhstan disappeared tomorrow we'd sure miss the potassium.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

The whole country could disappear tomorrow and the world would still be the same. Maybe you'd miss IKEA, but it's not like there aren't other stores out there.

Potassium? What about Borat?

untitledyw7.png

And this guy!

boratVLAG_95893a.jpg

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

The whole country could disappear tomorrow and the world would still be the same.

... dont exaggerate

Perhaps I'm exaggerating but my point is that Sweden compared to America is insignificant.

untitledyw7.png

America does stupid things. Americans to stupider things. That's it, plain and simple.
Coming from the one that doesen't even know "stupider" isn't a word...
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

And this guy!

boratVLAG_95893a.jpg

While we're on the subject...This came with my DVD...It was vacuum-packed into about the size of a sandwhich. Hard as a rock. :lol: It was an XL, too. I was like "Geeeez.."

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1307/tipitfy4.png

Yea yea, no RL pics, so I blocked out my face. Cry me a river tip.it, I'm 20, I'm not going to get kidnapped and raped.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

but he was a C average student...

so was einstein...goes to show that people that don't do well in school can still be smart. How can you even tell if he is dumb (besides his speach, which doesn't make someone dumb) its not like he gets up on stage and does some math or social studies problems.... I would still love to see you speak in front of the world

If the US raised taxes on rich people, they'd be breaking Constitutional law, which is the highest law.

So you got laws which are unbreakable? If you ask me, laws should evolve and adapt to their time, not be some fundamentalisticly followed words which can't be changed.

Fennoscandia (scandinavia + Finland) got one of the best social help systems in the whole world. Our social caps are nothing compared to yankee ones. Yet, abusing the system is really rare. Why? Because the point is to help as much as is needed, but not more. I haven't heard of a single case during my life of people making kids just to get money. Actually the birth statistics show totally different trend.

I find it sad how your goverment ranks countless of things (including nukes) higher than human lives. From your writing you get a feeling that they are homeless because they chose so. If that's true, I don't wonder anymore why George got 2 terms as a president. You also mentioned mentally sick people and others like that. With a proper welfare system those people wouldn't be homeless in first place.

You aren't the first one who is totally against welfare system. In my opinion there's only 3 (or 1) persons who an average yankee cares about; me, myself and I.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm