The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

A lot of people here don't CARE about the outside world because the outside world isn't as pleasant. We do just fine here by ourselves and if some Communist country is oppressing it's people...Some could really give a crap less, because it ain't happenin' to them.

Thus why "we" are hated.

But like I said, when you're in trouble, you'll have your hands out. And they will be filled.

well go on then go fill the hands of all these african countries than have their hand out starving. And im not saying that Britain is a lot better because we aught to do more to help aswell but im admitting it. However you cant say you halp all the countries in need because it is very far from thet.

An interesting fact also is that the great nation of america spends more on ice cream and *adult movies* than they do on charity. :wink: dont they do the world a world of good.

iteme3721.jpg

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people here don't CARE about the outside world because the outside world isn't as pleasant. We do just fine here by ourselves and if some Communist country is oppressing it's people...Some could really give a crap less, because it ain't happenin' to them.

Thus why "we" are hated.

But like I said, when you're in trouble, you'll have your hands out. And they will be filled.

well go on then go fill the hands of all these african countries than have their hand out starving. And im not saying that Britain is a lot better because we aught to do more to help aswell but im admitting it. However you cant say you halp all the countries in need because it is very far from thet.

An interesting fact also is that the great nation of america spends more on ice cream and *adult movies* than they do on charity. :wink: dont they do the world a world of good.

Dude? We donate billions of dollars to Africa every year in food and medical services. That's just the federal government, not private and public charities. Hell, we bombed the hell out of IRaq and now we're REBUILDING it for them, which is screwing ourselves over, because it's taking money and wood. When they first started rebuilding, the cost of plywood shot up so much it almost put my dad out of business (he builds houses).

But then people [bleep] and moan because we're not currently stopping the Genocide in Darfur. Know what? Get off your lazy [wagon] and do it. We're kinda' preoccupied right now fighting a war that can't be won, and we kinda' don't have enough resources to start stomping faces in Africa. Sheesh, I can see it now...A video of some of our soldiers beating an African rebel and then we're all called racist pigs.

Do it yourself. Personally, I don't think we should help anyone once it starts to hurt us, and this time, it has. Social Security is GONE and it surely will not be there for me when I'm 65, but I'll still have to pay for it. How about your country fixes that? Didn't think so.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I don't really understand it either, I have nothing against America, in fact my experiences of it were incredibly positive. I just dislike Western society and culture in general.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Thus why "we" are hated.

We give billions to African nations. Does it go to the people? No. It goes into some warlord's pocket. And thanks to the U.N., we can't go in a beat down a few governments in order to protect our investments.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Yea, I kinda' wanna' be an African Warlord....But I'm not black. When is the last time you saw a white African Warlord? Like, never.

I saw Ace Ventura. I know about Sha-ka-ka. I know what they do to the White Devil.

*Hides in closet*

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Yea, I kinda' wanna' be an African Warlord....But I'm not black. When is the last time you saw a white African Warlord? Like, never.

I saw Ace Ventura. I know about Sha-ka-ka. I know what they do to the White Devil.

*Hides in closet*

Hah! A good part of Africa would be fine if they didn't kick out a majority of white FARMERS.

Ya live and learn. :)

Proud founder of the Myriad

Well, I live in Finland which actually has higher standards of living than US. People here hate america mostly because of their oversized security standards in the aeroports. There was a big fuss around here when a citizen of Finland was arrested by the customs officers just because he looked arabic. FBI questioned him, kept him in inhuman conditions for two weeks and didn't let him go. And he wasn't done anything! Only thing he had done was that he looked arabic.

THAT pisses people off.

I wonder if in like 80 years in the future we look back in history and ask "how did we let this happen?". I mean, the anti-terrorism acts of usa can be soon compared to gestapo and KGB.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

Bah dont worry, its just fashionable to hate America.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Canada > US

Well who has a ton of nukes? Huh?

Canada > US

Give us a few decades, we'll have Canada off the face of the map.

l..l -.- l..l US rocks.

Comments like these give USA such a good reputation.

/sarcasm

They hate us because they have to depend on us

Thus why everyone hates America, we automatically think that just because we are free and have rights, that we automatically have the right to go into other countries and tell them that your way is wrong and ours is right.

We think we are superior to everything else on the world, when really, if we would just get our heads out of our ***** and actually try to help in a caring way, not just in a way that says "We are only helping you because it benefits us", then maybe we would actually be liked in this world.

yup cant agree more, you don't respect anyone elses culture and are too arogant to even concider that your way might be wrong.

the perfect example:

in your military you shot first then find out if they were hostile first, glad to say us british don't do that. granted your military may be superior but your morals suck!

and heres my favourite quote (cant member it exactly its sumin like this:)

the worst country to have on your side is America in a war

and heres my favourite quote (cant member it exactly its sumin like this:)

the worst country to have on your side is America in a war

I agree. Germany and Japan were extremely fortunate :)

Yeah siding against a side that has only technicly lost one war (vietnam) is a really smart idea! :)

I don't hate America, but various things, which are usually stereotypical, and quite rare in America really do piss me off.

Quick story about my Dad. We were on holiday in Seattle. After driving for hours to get there (from Jasper or Banff or somewhere North of Vancouver) we were exhausted and so stopped off at the first place we could find, a McDonalds. We went in, got our stuff and sat down. At the table next to us was the typical white trash family (I wonder now what the hell they were doing in Washington State, I thought they were from the South?), overweight mother, with 8 skinny as hell kids. One of the kids opened up her burger and said, in a voice which made my Dad clench his fist so hard he broke a knuckle, 'Hey mooooooooooom, there's an onion on my burrrrrrgerrrrrrrr'.

So for starters, the stereotypical accent annoys me, not America's fault, but it still makes me rather annoyed.

Second of all, its the stereotypical patriotism. I know full well few people except the Colonel in Kentucky, and people like him only cry when they see some apple pie, or the 'Stars 'n' Stripes', but it still annoys the hell out me. Again, not America's fault, but meh.

Thirdly is the damned cockiness of uneducated Americans. I've already seen a few comments in the thread featuring these, and they are possibly my most hated thing about the country. Everywhere you look, there are comments about how America pwns everyone else, about how they do everything for everyone without getting gratitude, and just generally things which match the type of talk the world has come to hate.

supernovasigst7.jpg

Sure, we Invaded Iraq. If we didn't, you'd all suffer the effects of nuclear warfare.

Yes, because we all know that the allies found vast stockpiles of nuclear weapons just waiting to be launched at every country within minutes. Oh wait a second, they didn't.

I don't dislike America in general at all. The places i've visited were very nice and I would visit again without hesitation. However, there are certain aspects of American culture that I do dislike. The Christian fundamentalism, certain government policies, the arrogant few, but generally that doesn't spoil my opinion of an otherwise diverse and fascinating country.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

A lot of the pro and anti America arguments are ridiculous...

By the way, it is that a lot of the people who say they hate America really mean America's government. I generally like America, but I disagree with a lot of its actions

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

One thing I don't like is how people refer to U.S. citizens as "Americans." In reality, anyone living in North or South America is an American, not just people from the U.S. The term "Americans" Should only be used when comparing New World citizens to Old World citizens. Then again, I don't like the term "New World" either. And "Western Hemisphere" is no better, it is still from Europe's viewpoint, west of Europe.

MORE ON TOPIC: I think that people who make generizations about the U.S. based on the president's actions should think about the fact that no country has only good leaders. Most countries have had at least a couple bad leaders.

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

People hate America because we have good jobs, comfortable standards of living, and more food than we know what to do with. America FTW.
And you eat that extra food when you could give it to some poor kid in a 3rd world country.

People mostly hate America because of some of the American's ignorance, a good example is icingdeath with his "America FTW."

I hope you're kidding, the US is by far the worlds largest donator of supplies to 3rd world countries.

You can hate the American government all you like, even I dislike our government at times. I don't agree with everything that they do, but it's not as if I can make them do what I think is right. So, you cannot say that you hate the people of America, because you don't know them. That is of course, unless you started some sort of crusade to meet the 300 million+ people of our nation. I haven't heard of it, but let me know if it happens :wink: ... :roll: .

Canada > US

Well who has a ton of nukes? Huh?

Canada > US

Give us a few decades, we'll have Canada off the face of the map.

l..l -.- l..l US rocks.

Comments like these give USA such a good reputation.

/sarcasm

Guess people can't make a joke without getting bashed for it, ever.

I love the US, and that Canada thing has always been an old joke :-w . Calm down.

'Sides, this country ends up having to do the dirty work while the other European countries, save UK, do basically nothing (for the human race in general, not just their precious nation); they pretty much mock us while we do all the fighting and working for them, time and time again.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

People hate America because we have good jobs, comfortable standards of living, and more food than we know what to do with. America FTW.
And you eat that extra food when you could give it to some poor kid in a 3rd world country.

People mostly hate America because of some of the American's ignorance, a good example is icingdeath with his "America FTW."

I hope you're kidding, the US is by far the worlds largest donator of supplies to 3rd world countries.

iirc america is the 2nd lowest aid-providing developed natioin by proportion of income.

edit:

http://www.globalissues.org/i/aid/netoda2005.png <- graph of the raw quantity of aid and graph of aid as a percentage of income. yep america is the largest donator in raw amount, but compared to many other countries, american aid is not generous atall given their ability to provide aid.

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp (source of above graph)

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place

iirc america is the 2nd lowest aid-providing developed natioin by proportion of income.

edit:

http://www.globalissues.org/i/aid/netoda2005.png <- graph of the raw quantity of aid and graph of aid as a percentage of income. yep america is the largest donator in raw amount, but compared to many other countries, american aid is not generous atall given their ability to provide aid.

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp (source of above graph)

is that based on average, or median?