The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

So you are saying that it is our fault that rich people that dont waste their money by giving it to some crack head living in an alley?

I think you missed the point. Your country is rich and you have people living in poverty. I'm not talking about crackheads or meth users, I'm talking single mothers et al here. I'm saying your minimum wage should be higher. At least enough to get people struggling above the poverty line and some kind of home above thier kids heads.

I'm willing to bet we have one of the highest minimum wage, if not THE highest. And what are we supposed to do? steal money from the billionaires?

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed the point. Your country is rich and you have people living in poverty. I'm not talking about crackheads or meth users, I'm talking single mothers et al here. I'm saying your minimum wage should be higher. At least enough to get people struggling above the poverty line and some kind of home above thier kids heads.

You don't understand it either. If they raise the minimum wage, people will lose jobs and product prices will increase.

Fair call I suppose. I'm no economist. I'm just making the general point, capitalism reigns, the American economy is strong, and yet you still have an unacceptable poverty rate in my opinion.

And @ Blue, I haven't done extensive research into it, but I'm sure people would argue that minimum wage in the U.S. is average at best and getting worse. And to answer your question, yes, I am of the opinion that governments need to tax ('steal from') billionaires more. :P

http://www.policyalmanac.org/economic/archive/minimum_wage02.shtml

if not THE highest

UK = ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5.35 = $10.35

US Federal minimum wage = $5.15 = ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã2.66

More than double.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

You're not crazy, it's just a number of rather weak minded people who can't understand that everyone is different. These people then tar & feather everyone from a certain country/race/religion/gender/hair colour/etc with the same brush.

They can be found in every country, in the past, in the present and probably in the distant future too.

It's one thing not liking somebody because of their attitude/opinions etc, that's understandable, but it's just total insanity to then think that everyone who shares some characteristic with that person is the same.

Actually here minimum wage is 7.85 :lol: And I've heard of it being around 9.00 in other states

Federal wage is the minimum that STATES can make it

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Actually here minimum wage is 7.85 :lol: And I've heard of it being around 9.00 in other states

Kansas has $2.65. The highest state is Washington with $7.93, and the highest single place is Santa Fe, New Mexico at $9.50 - still lower than the UK.

Source: http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm

Also in there is:

Australia at AU$13.47 = US$10.50 - again higher

France at ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì8.27 = US$10.80 - again higher

Ireland at ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì8.27 = US$10.80 - again higher

Those are just the ones I have the figures for.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Kansas has $2.65. The highest state is Washington with $7.93, and the highest single place is Santa Fe, New Mexico at $9.50 - still lower than the UK.

Source: http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm

1. Why does it matter if its lower?

2. Most businesses dont go by minimum wage, like at my first job when the minimum was 6.85, I was paid 7.50

1. Why does it matter if its lower?

2. Most businesses dont go by minimum wage, like at my first job when the minimum was 6.85, I was paid 7.50

I'm willing to bet we have one of the highest minimum wage, if not THE highest.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=refute&db=*

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Someone said that we needed to raise it

Your topic title shows me what I dislike so badly about some Americans. It is always black and white. Don't like the right-wing government? You're a dirty communist!!! Are you against the war? You're a coward! Question some of the choices made by the government? You filthy intellectualist! Everything is so polarised. "If you're not with us, you're against us" -> what the??

Criticise, question and generally show you like to think about things instead of just accepting them... and within the blink of an eye, you are a "hater".

I don't hate America at all. It's a beautiful country and there are lots of good things to be said about it. However, there are also a lot of bad things to be said (which have been adequately pointed out already, so I'm not going to repeat them).

Arrogant, fat, obtuse, god bless America, circumcised, polluting, nuclear, McDonalds, blocking doorways.

(These aren't my views just perhaps what people think)

Arrogant, fat, obtuse, god bless America, circumcised, polluting, nuclear, McDonalds, blocking doorways.

(These aren't my views just perhaps what people think)

i heard there were McDonald's in Europe too. am i wrong?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm Fine with America, and i live almost right near the boarder (Im in Canada). There are places in The USA i wouldn't live, just because of the laws, but in many cases, its alot like Canada, just some small differences.

The thing that bugs me most, is when i mention im Canadian anywhere, and i get Americans who say "You are Canadian eh? Well watch out, you are gonna be our 51st state!".

Actually we worry about it alot up here, because we have more natural water then American, and when they get thirsty, and we cant share.... what are they gonna do?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Yesterday some 'activist' brought up during a seminar that she is against America (I'm living in Canada). It was completely unrelated to the topic. She didn't use the word "government". She just said she's against America and George Bush. And there was absolutely no evidence to back it up, it was really like, :-s .

Now, I wanted to argue with her, just for the sake of arguement (I like to take the opposite side, just to make me people panic a bit), but I didn't feel I had enough evidence to really hit my point home. All the media we're spoon-fed seems to say we should all hate America/George Bush. Can anyone give me something I could use in an arguement against someone such as this? As all the media I've recieved is somewhat biased, I've pretty much neglected all of it until I get something real.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Someone said that we needed to raise it

My opinion has nothing to do with the fact that he refuted your claim.

other than the fact that you showed pure arrogance and ignorance thruought this thread, how about you learn to read before you open your pie hole ever again? Im quite sure he said (you even quoted him yourself) "the US has one of the highest if not the highest minimum wages in the world" is your iq that low?

Second of all, all I have seen you do se far is talk about how not so good our government is, how big the divide between powerty and the rich is...ect, how the hell is it your business about the flaws in our economy, are you trying to tell me you dont have any of those problems in where you life? wake up, its world wide! I dont know what your problem is, either its jealousy, or youre trying to fit in, whatever, but it seems like youre trying to pick out every little flaw about one country just to bring it down for no reason. Ofcourse the US has limitless flaws, but gues what? its still one of the best countries in the world to live in, and please make sure you learn to read and dont pretend I said its the best.

The countries hate us because they know they are totally dependant on us. Lets say the french decide not to sent us [a certain product] any more. Fine, we'll stop selling you [giant list of items] for your country! We give out a lot more to single countries than they give us in return. The only reason we do this si ebcause we receive products from all over. Really, America is like the trading union of the world. One item comes in from france, gets refined in the US, then sent with other materials to china for building stuff, then sent back to the US, then exported all over the place. The world relies on us. People don't seem to get that. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but there are some particular countries that don't seem to get just how much power we have and how much we could take away from everyone if we just decided not to.

Sure, we Invaded Iraq. If we didn't, you'd all suffer the effects of nuclear warfare. We leave Korea sitting there with nuclear bombs at their disposal, and people complain to us that we do nothing about it! Besides, we can't just attack Iraq then pull out leaving the country in ruins. We had to finish what we started, clean up and repair.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

People hate America because we have good jobs, comfortable standards of living, and more food than we know what to do with. America FTW.
And you eat that extra food when you could give it to some poor kid in a 3rd world country.

People mostly hate America because of some of the American's ignorance, a good example is icingdeath with his "America FTW."

sig5235ro7.jpg

Because the US is the lone superpower. The world literally watches the US step-by-step and exaggerates because of it. The US has much higher standards to reach compared to other countries. Who really gives a damn about countries that they don't live in? Do people care about the lack of rights the British citizens have about owning guns (which is being argued as the reason for the increase in crime)? Do people care about the lack of freedom of the press in France? Do people care about the problems with the prime minister in Australia? Do people care about Canada? Hell no.

People hate America because we have good jobs, comfortable standards of living, and more food than we know what to do with. America FTW.

yes most of that is true

the food part for example gives a reason to hate america, not cos theyre fat, but because rather than farmers giving their surplus to countries in need, they simply dump it in a river while other countries cannot feed, or afford to feed it's people.

that amongst many other reasons is why we hate america.

You basically have no perception of anything that doesnt go on in america and always have to be right, even when you completely f**k up eg, Iraq as an obvious example.

iteme3721.jpg

Everyone who hasnt been to America hates us
i have been to america and yes, it is a nice country. however I wouldnt say i hate you but alot of people are just stupid and have no clue about the outside world.

For example i was talking to a bloke over there and he was saying he was from somewhere in North Carolina or something and i told him i was from England. Then he asked what state England is in? That is a prime example of how stupid you can be.

iteme3721.jpg

A lot of people here don't CARE about the outside world because the outside world isn't as pleasant. We do just fine here by ourselves and if some Communist country is oppressing it's people...Some could really give a crap less, because it ain't happenin' to them.

Thus why "we" are hated.

But like I said, when you're in trouble, you'll have your hands out. And they will be filled.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!