The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

Something I've noticed during my time on these forums is that a lot of people seem to be against America. Some people seem to think that America is completely horrible. I'm not going to list their reasons. Just head over to the "I wouldn't live wherever because of whatever" topic and you'll find post after post about why people don't like America. I'm not saying that everyone is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it seems that some people are saying that they hate America just because they, somehow, think its cool to be against America. Also, some people have beliefs about America that are just not true. I don't want to say what I think is right and wrong because I don't want arguments to start. I just felt like finding out what other people thought about this new movement. Has anyone else noticed what I've noticed or am I just crazy?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike the American government as much as I dislike my own.

The current Australian goverment is a walk-over and Bush's lap dog.

It's a disgrace :uhh:

Having the world's 'idiot' as leader and ranking number one on the obesity levels makes some people think their country is better than US. Which in fact, some are. :o :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Everyone hates America, but trust me, when you're in trouble, you'll be the first one with your hand out asking America for help, and it will be given to you.

...And then you'll hate us again later because we'll start another pointless war.

*Shrug*

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Oh man, I still remember the time you freaked out about my little joke about how America works... and I'm American :lol: .

It's weird, I remember that I made a joke about how everyone else calls it "football" and "soccer", but we're arrogant enough to switch it around, and how we don't use the metric system, and some other stuff... and you spent something like 30 lines screaming at me about it :lol: . Now if only my memory was as good as this for say... my test tomorrow >_<.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It's not just on these forums, it's everywhere. Sometimes the people have good reason, sometimes they do because it's popular. I find the whole concept of nationalism being pretty stupid, but that's just me.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

They hate us because they have to depend on us

Thus why everyone hates America, we automatically think that just because we are free and have rights, that we automatically have the right to go into other countries and tell them that your way is wrong and ours is right.

We think we are superior to everything else on the world, when really, if we would just get our heads out of our ***** and actually try to help in a caring way, not just in a way that says "We are only helping you because it benefits us", then maybe we would actually be liked in this world.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

I don't dislike the American government as much as I dislike my own.

The current Australian goverment is a walk-over and Bush's lap dog.

It's a disgrace :uhh:

But you do know that it's just a front for He Who Crushes His Foes, the Great Overlord, Imperator John Howard, Devourer of Souls, Destroyer of Dreams, Master of Space and Time, right?

The time will come when He shall lead the Great Empire of Australia to victory over the universe.

People hate America because we have good jobs, comfortable standards of living, and more food than we know what to do with. America FTW.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

People hate America because we have good jobs, comfortable standards of living, and more food than we know what to do with. America FTW.

No, people hate America because of arrogant fools like yourself, who shove those facts in the face of people who don't have those things. Stereotypical American pig FTL. All that food we "don't know what to do with" could be given to those who need it, instead of being used to enlarge your waistlines.

Yeah I've noticed this. But, I do notice that it's everywhere as well. Even though I live in America, it doesn't really bother me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally don't care for the concept of nationalism, but I can understand how people would be proud of the country they're from.

The only thing that really bothers me is when someone says, "I hate Americans (or people from any other country for that matter)" without having anything to back it up with. Or if they do have something to back up their statement, it's usually an ignorant generalization. Like, "I hate Americans because they're fat and loud." I don't think that you should judge someone based on the country they're from. But, that's just my opinion.

3898000bYVcx.png

Well, America has a good founding idea, was the first and is still among the best good working democracy, and has a good human-rights system as compared to other countries. Also, it has a good industry, is situated in a good land environmentally, and is one of the world's greatest military powers.

On the downside, it's education is going down the toilet, Right-wing Christians are in control, we keep being too arrogant and getting involved in foreign stuff too much (against the ideas of the founding fathers, btw) obesity becomes a problem, and a large number of Americans continue to subscribe to the "my country, right or wrong" philosophy.

it has it's good and bad - on the whole, I'm happy to live here, a decent place, but it's not as good as the propaganda makes it out to be.

("Land of freedom and opportunity" my arse, even seen the lot immigrants get?)

sig2.jpg

On the downside, it's education is going down the toilet,

Best colleges in the world? Down the toilet? Ermm....

Right-wing Christians are in control

Umm... not really. If they were in control abortion wouldn't still be legal would it?

we keep being too arrogant and getting involved in foreign stuff too much

Yeah... those darn Americans for getting involved in wars because 3000 of them got killed in a terrorist attack. They should just sit there like sheep and take it. How dare they retaliate.

obesity becomes a problem

Hating fat people for the win! Nothing says maturity like hating someone for their body type.

a large number of Americans continue to subscribe to the "my country, right or wrong" philosophy.

What is wrong with being proud of where you are from? Every little kid thinks their father is the best. Is that bad? Why would it be bad for people to think their country is the best? The people are free. The people have jobs. The people feel safe. What's wrong with someone feeling they are blessed and have it better than most? They may or may not be wrong but either way why burst their bubble? This world could use a little more contentment and joy.

Ambassadar.png

On the downside, it's education is going down the toilet,

Best colleges in the world? Down the toilet? Ermm....

Right-wing Christians are in control

Umm... not really. If they were in control abortion wouldn't still be legal would it?

we keep being too arrogant and getting involved in foreign stuff too much

Yeah... those darn Americans for getting involved in wars because 3000 of them got killed in a terrorist attack. They should just sit there like sheep and take it. How dare they retaliate.

obesity becomes a problem

Hating fat people for the win! Nothing says maturity like hating someone for their body type.

a large number of Americans continue to subscribe to the "my country, right or wrong" philosophy.

What is wrong with being proud of where you are from? Every little kid thinks their father is the best. Is that bad? Why would it be bad for people to think their country is the best? The people are free. The people have jobs. The people feel safe. What's wrong with someone feeling they are blessed and have it better than most? They may or may not be wrong but either way why burst their bubble? This world could use a little more contentment and joy.

1. Yeah, in certain states there are some great education systems, yet in others they completly suck, it really depends on where in the US rather than the US as a whole.

2. And if they weren't in control homosexual marriage would still be legal and the whole abortion debate wouldn't be shoved down our throats at every corner, the government wants it gone, yet they would be breaking their own laws if they did it without the consent of the American people, thankfully the American people have enough sense not to let that one pass, yet the issue still isn't over with.

3. Its not just that, the US sticks its nose in whenever a foriegn event takes place, it always has to play hero and leader, when the majority of these situations can be handled without us.

4.Can't say I disagree much on that point, though obesety is all on the person themselves, you can't blame the country or the companies, because in the end its the person's choice to eat this food.

5. There is a difference between pride and arrogance, the American people believe they are superior to everyone else, and, in many cases, treat and speak of other people as if they are dirt.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

I don't really care when people talk trash/whatever about america, i'm no huge nationalist. But stereotyping americcans, who for a large part have nothing to do with how the government behaves and all these statistics people here seem to focus on is wrong. imo america and americans are two different things.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

1. Yeah, in certain states there are some great education systems, yet in others they completly suck, it really depends on where in the US rather than the US as a whole.

Agreed.

2. And if they weren't in control homosexual marriage would still be legal and the whole abortion debate wouldn't be shoved down our throats at every corner, the government wants it gone, yet they would be breaking their own laws if they did it without the consent of the American people, thankfully the American people have enough sense not to let that one pass, yet the issue still isn't over with.

Homosexual marriage has never been legal in the US. For most of the history of the US homosexuality has been outlawed. In fact until recently most states had laws outlawing sodomy but many if not all of them have been overturned.

You give these people too much credit. As of right now they do not have the power you claim they have. If they did abortion wouldn't be a mere debate. It would be outlawed. Controlling a government means you have the power to get your legislation passed. If issues they hold dear are merely in the debate phase instead of written law it means they do not control the government as people are trying to claim.

I find it funny also because the government rammed abortion down the throats of the American people when it was legalized in Roe v. Wade. The majority of Americans did not want it legal yet a court said it was legal. The entire process of voting on it in a legislative assembly was sidestepped. What you claim the right to be attempting to do in abortion is exactly what the left did to legalize abortion in the first place.

3. Its not just that, the US sticks its nose in whenever a foriegn event takes place, it always has to play hero and leader, when the majority of these situations can be handled without us.

I agree with you on this. I focused on Iraq and Afghanistan because that is what everyone goes off about when they mention this topic. The US has no reason to be many of the places they are. I don't think we should have been in the majority of the smaller conflicts we have been in.

5. There is a difference between pride and arrogance, the American people believe they are superior to everyone else, and, in many cases, treat and speak of other people as if they are dirt.

Depends on the person. Every country has it's share of jerks. The US definitely isn't immune from this flaw. I think a lot of people in the US just express themselves poorly. I know people that may say stuff like what you are referring to but it's not like they hate other countries. It's more like how they talk about their favorite baseball team. Kinda like "The Redsocks are the best, we are way better than the Yankees." Yeah they may talk a bunch of crap but when it really comes down to it they don't hate New York. Those same people would fight and die alongside the people they talk baseball smack to if it came to that. Most people don't really mean anything by what they say. It basically comes down to the US is their "team" and they are proud of it so it is fun to do some smack talking with the other "teams" sometimes. Deep down most people do care for the other countries unless it is some country that wants to go to war with us... Then they are probably serious if they say anything.

Ambassadar.png

Everyone who hasnt been to America hates us

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Why I hate America.

Disclaimer: the things I am about to list are no way America specific and are not intended as generalisations about the entire population of the country. I do not feel an intense hate for your country as the word hate suggests.

1) Fundamental Christianity and Religion in Polotics, no matter what party.

2) Your current President and some former ones. Why do I hate Bush? He seems lacking in public relations skills and not a great figurehead for your country, which is much of what being a President is about. The President is someone who people tend to blindly admire (see point 3) and that type of figurehead dosen't cut it for me.

3) The lack of questioning of government. The images I tend to see from time to time of people who are and have been staunchly pro one political party with no apparant reason or questioning of thier leaders annoys me.

4) The fact that you are insanely rich yet you still have citizens below the poverty line. I once read somehwere the number of billionaires by country. (this is a rough recall) Second - China - 30. First - USA - 300.

I suppose why I have posted this is that I have reasons for what I think where some people will just go along with vested and directed rhetoric. I admire people who can cut against the grain, what ever that grain may be, and think for themselves.

So you are saying that it is our fault that rich people that dont waste their money by giving it to some crack head living in an alley?

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

So you are saying that it is our fault that rich people that dont waste their money by giving it to some crack head living in an alley?

I think you missed the point. Your country is rich and you have people living in poverty. I'm not talking about crackheads or meth users, I'm talking single mothers et al here. I'm saying your minimum wage should be higher. At least enough to get people struggling above the poverty line and some kind of home above thier kids heads.

I think you missed the point. Your country is rich and you have people living in poverty. I'm not talking about crackheads or meth users, I'm talking single mothers et al here. I'm saying your minimum wage should be higher. At least enough to get people struggling above the poverty line and some kind of home above thier kids heads.

You don't understand it either. If they raise the minimum wage, people will lose jobs and product prices will increase.