The "I Hate America Club"?

No_OnE

So you got laws which are unbreakable? If you ask me, laws should evolve and adapt to their time, not be some fundamentalisticly followed words which can't be changed.

Abso-bloody-exactly. Aside from amendments (which are a bit of a contradiction - "this is the one document that can't be changed...but we'll just change it a little"), how do people from over 200 years ago know how to govern a country today? Amend the constitution when it suits you and when something happens that you don't like, shout "omg but that's unconstitutional!"

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike the American government as much as I dislike my own.

The current Australian goverment is a walk-over and Bush's lap dog.

It's a disgrace :uhh:

Funny how the "disgrace" will be voted back in soon. Don't worry I'm sure of it. :P

but he was a C average student...

so was einstein...goes to show that people that don't do well in school can still be smart. How can you even tell if he is dumb (besides his speach, which doesn't make someone dumb) its not like he gets up on stage and does some math or social studies problems.... I would still love to see you speak in front of the world

That's apparently a myth. From what I've read, he wasn't a genius in school, like the uber-kids we know today, but he did well. He didn't fail math like it's said he did, but he has been quoted saying "No matter what your problems in mathematics are, I can gaurentee you mine are greater."

Personally, I think he's full of crap, because I'm not horrible at math, but mine are far greater than his. :lol:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

The whole country could disappear tomorrow and the world would still be the same.

... dont exaggerate

Perhaps I'm exaggerating but my point is that Sweden compared to America is insignificant.

Insignificant? Ohh, the attitude.

I wish some of you arrogant Americans would finally leave your chairs and see the world. Insignificant. My my. You apparently have trouble with Katha's words.

Although there's only 9 million Swedes, which means there's 33 times more Americans, I can tell you that the impact of Sweden on the world is a lot bigger than 1/33rd of the impact of the US. And I'm also sure that all of those 9 million are smarter than you. Yes, even Korla.

but he was a C average student...

so was einstein...goes to show that people that don't do well in school can still be smart. How can you even tell if he is dumb (besides his speach, which doesn't make someone dumb) its not like he gets up on stage and does some math or social studies problems.... I would still love to see you speak in front of the world

That's apparently a myth. From what I've read, he wasn't a genius in school, like the uber-kids we know today, but he did well. He didn't fail math like it's said he did, but he has been quoted saying "No matter what your problems in mathematics are, I can gaurentee you mine are greater."

Personally, I think he's full of crap, because I'm not horrible at math, but mine are far greater than his. :lol:

He wasn't great at high school, but he was one of the best students ever in the university he went to. Which proves a lot more than a meaningless high school education.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossma ... tions.html

On 20th century every american president had to have at least one military intervention. 12 Interventions during George's reign. 16 Interventions in 1990s. The list goes on. Interventions in Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and even North America.

So far we've only talked about wars you've fought or interventions you've been in with your own military. What about wars you've "just" funded? Yes, the impact of America to the world might be a lot bigger than the impact of Sweden/Norway/Finland/Angola/whatever, but look at what you've done. If your impact means death, sorrow and destruction, it's no wonder there's a lot of anti-american feelings all around the world. You've done a lot of good things, but they don't wipe out the bad things. In comparison Hitler's acts saved Germany from hyperinflation and Stalin turned an agricultural country into a heavy industrialised country which was able to be the first country to send a living creature to outer space. Does it make those monsters any better? No. It doesn't wipe out the genocides, wars or other things like that.

At the end I'd like to put a quote from the site linked in this thread.

One of the most dangerous ideas of the 20th century was that "people like us" could not commit atrocities against civilians.

* German and Japanese citizens believed it, but their militaries slaughtered millions of people.

* British and French citizens believed it, but their militaries fought brutal colonial wars in Africa and Asia.

* Russian citizens believed it, but their armies murdered civilians in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and elsewhere.

* Israeli citizens believed it, but their army mowed down Palestinians and Lebanese.

* Arabs believed it, but suicide bombers and hijackers targeted U.S. and Israeli civilians.

* U.S. citizens believed it, but their military killed hundreds of thousands in Vietnam, Iraq, and elsewhere.

I hope that quote could make even one American to think why they aren't a trendy nation at the moment.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I haven't really noticed but I don't go on off topics much.

Personally I use to dislike USA but now I don't as much(I live on the US btw). I just think somethings Americans do are just wrong but thats just the way I think and if they believe what they do is right and that makes them happy then thats fine (as long as its nothing that is classified as evil)

But I do sometimes get upset when there are soem Americans who insult other countries and such because they just don't plain like them, I'm not saying every American does this, only a small percent. And I once heard this commercial that I only heard once that pretty much started out by saying that every country besides America is communist, America helps everyone and gets nothing and then topped it off by saying that he Americans are the best and have never done anything wrong(which is obivously a lie because every people has its ups and downs)

In any case you should never dislike a people because you might judge them but no one person is alike, so contrary to popular belief, every country has an up and sometimes nationalism blurs our vision from seeing our flaws and others talents.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Most people seem to assume American government is the way the majority of the american people act, which is completely ridiculous.

I agree with most people who are anti american government, but I hate it when for no reason, people say stuff like "all americans are dumb"

snowsigyy7.png

I don't think people that are against America do it because it's "cool", simply because it's not cool, or anything special, to be against the Usa.

Maybe some people have beliefs that are wrong about America, I don't know, but if you live there it's up to you to tell them the truth. After all, how can other people know if no one tells them?

Personnaly I am against the Usa for some clear reasons.

First off, a lot of Americans have that I'm the center of the universe attitude, and are over-patriotic. In no other country will you see flags posted everywhere like in America. Also, americans seem to tend to be rather close-minded towards other cultures. I remember my history teacher last year telling me how, when she went to other countries, the americans tended to group together and go to restaurants such as McDonalds instead of tasting the food, or blending with the people of the country they are visiting. Also, you can observe those attitudes at how Americans hate the French. I'm French, I get offended by that. Also, Americans seem to know absolutely nothing about other countries. I saw a show about a journalist asking questions to americans about Canada, lol it was hilarious. Then the journalist would make the 'victim' believe anything, proves how much Americans know about other countries: nothing.

Also, Americans got horrible eating habbits, and are the fastest people in the world. That's enough to get all the other countries in the world laugh at you.

America got a very bad, and manipulative government. They keep their citizens in fear, and lie about everything.

America through its history has also lead many wars that did not concern them at all. Many of those wars were for monetary reasons. Money, americans seem to like that aswell.

Every person is different, and I've found younger americans to be much more open-minded than their ancestors, and much more intelligent aswell.

I have nothing against americans in particular, but I don't like the whole attitude that I perceive from America.

2480+ total

First off, a lot of Americans have that I'm the center of the universe attitude, and are over-patriotic. In no other country will you see flags posted everywhere like in America.

I guess that's true, I myself am not very patriotic though. If I went to war, I'd go for my people, not my frikking country who sent me there to get killed off.

Also, americans seem to tend to be rather close-minded towards other cultures. I remember my history teacher last year telling me how, when she went to other countries, the americans tended to group together and go to restaurants such as McDonalds instead of tasting the food, or blending with the people of the country they are visiting.

Man, how true that is :lol: .

Also, you can observe those attitudes at how Americans hate the French. I'm French, I get offended by that.

"What do you do if a French soldier throws a grenade at you?"

"Pull the pin and throw it back."

:-w Ya, you're right. We kind of attack the country itself though in jokes, not the people (especially France's actions during WWII).

Also, Americans seem to know absolutely nothing about other countries. I saw a show about a journalist asking questions to americans about Canada, lol it was hilarious. Then the journalist would make the 'victim' believe anything, proves how much Americans know about other countries: nothing.

Yep, we have a profound arrogance that we don't need to know how other countries work, because it just seems like every other country is adapting to our culture (ex: English being more commonly used in Japan).

Also, Americans got horrible eating habbits, and are the fastest people in the world. That's enough to get all the other countries in the world laugh at you.

Sure, we have more overweight people, but try not to overexaggerate it. Actually, in 1500 kids at my high school only one student is "fat"/overweight.

America got a very bad, and manipulative government. They keep their citizens in fear, and lie about everything.

Er, I dunno about that one..

America through its history has also lead many wars that did not concern them at all. Many of those wars were for monetary reasons. Money, americans seem to like that aswell.

Give me at least 5 specific examples, please.

Every person is different, and I've found younger americans to be much more open-minded than their ancestors, and much more intelligent aswell.

Finally, something positive :lol: .

I have nothing against americans in particular, but I don't like the whole attitude that I perceive from America.

Personally, other than the arrogance many citizens have as Americans I don't really have anything against the country :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't think people that are against America do it because it's "cool", simply because it's not cool, or anything special, to be against the Usa.

Maybe some people have beliefs that are wrong about America, I don't know, but if you live there it's up to you to tell them the truth. After all, how can other people know if no one tells them?

Personnaly I am against the Usa for some clear reasons.

First off, a lot of Americans have that I'm the center of the universe attitude, and are over-patriotic. In no other country will you see flags posted everywhere like in America. Also, americans seem to tend to be rather close-minded towards other cultures. I remember my history teacher last year telling me how, when she went to other countries, the americans tended to group together and go to restaurants such as McDonalds instead of tasting the food, or blending with the people of the country they are visiting. Also, you can observe those attitudes at how Americans hate the French. I'm French, I get offended by that. Also, Americans seem to know absolutely nothing about other countries. I saw a show about a journalist asking questions to americans about Canada, lol it was hilarious. Then the journalist would make the 'victim' believe anything, proves how much Americans know about other countries: nothing.

Sterotype much?...

Also, our government hardly "lies" about everything. yes, somethings need to be kept secret but that goes for an government. And, I for one, am not in "fear" of our goverment.

So, wars we have gone through for monetary gains. Do, tell me, how did going through vietnam help us with money? The world wars really don't count too because we, for one, had to help protect our allys and in World War II we were attacked.

Iraq is really the only one I can think of that might be for monitary gains.

I'm an American citizen and i hate our government. They are the biggest waste of time.... Our President Mr. George Bush JR is the biggest loser we've ever had in office... We only invaded Iraq to finish what his dad couldn't... He claims we were lookin for weapons of mass distruction which nothing was ever found... Bush has this "I'm invincible" way of thinking(As do most Americans) but he's not invincible at all and neither are we as a country... If we pissed off the wrong people there would be no America... Bush sent jobs that were once here out of the US thus making it harder for Americans to get by... Gas prices that jump up and down are also his doin in my opinion cause he's making tons of money off it.. If you have an Oil man in office he's not goin to stop the prices from jumpin outrageously high..

I do agree with you Tigra Bush is one of those people you can point at laugh at.... He's an f'in moron when he gives speeches.. NO he doesn't studder he just can't get this thoughts right and makes a complete [wagon] of himself when he's talkin and he smiles at inappropriate times like after 9/11 and katrina he had that sick lil smile on his face...

I don't care what anyone says about this but Clinton was a MUCH better president than Bush could ever be... When Clinton was in office pretty much everything was fine and dandy and here came Bush to f*** it all up... I know this would prob never happen but i was told Hilary Clinton might be running in the next election, but she'd be a better President and more of a man than Bush could ever be.

Our healthcare system is joke too... I had to go to the hospital after a car accident once and the doctor saw me for seriously no more than 30 seconds and he charged $500 dollars.. $500 to tell me to put an Ace bandage on my knee is f****** rediculous. Some of us cannot afford health insurance and thats why a lot of people will not go to the hospital unless its something REALLY serious because the healthcare costs are insane.

We do have a lot of obese people here too Which in my opinion is gettin out of hand.. Yes there are Mc Donalds pretty much everywhere in the world but unlike Most americans the people of those countries don't frequent them. I guess what i'm tryin to say its like the legal drinking age. Only in america its 21 canada is 18 or 19 i cannot remember europe i think its lower than canada but there aren't young alcoholics runnin all over the other countries... I think a main cause of obesity is the "american" way of thinking.. We want everything fast and right then and there so to get it we go to a fast food place instead of maybe making a meal.. I know a lot of girls and guys that don't even know how to cook basic things like spaghetti.. Thats really really sad.. We could place a lot of the blame on obese kids on the parents since a lot of kids are now becoming obese now. The parents should stop shoveling Mc donalds and burger king down their kids throats and maybe toss an apple or an orange at em instead..

The last thing i want to say someone mentioned something about minimum wage.. Yeah here in Ohio the min wage did go up which didn't help anything at all bc not even a month after boom so did our sales tax which just made everything pretty much the same. We are constantly gettin taxed out our [wagon] over and over again... It does seem like everything goes up except wages that we make... GOD BLESS AMERICA :roll: If they'd raise wages and lower taxes a hair then we'd be set but they don't and the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...

A lot of people hate us not cause they want to be us... They hate us cause we think are this untouchable nation and we are VERY VERY arrogant which even annoys me as a US citizen.. We don't give enough respect in my opinion even on this silly game..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Our healthcare and education system really is kinda' a joke, though.

My uncle shot himself in the finger with a nail gun and didn't go to the hospital because he didn't break the bone, thus didn't want to be charged several thousand dollars for a band-aid. He just pulled it out and went back to work. He's not an idiot, for those of you thinking that, the nail gun double-fired. Happens sometimes, it was an accident. I don't think I would have went to the hospital, either...But I'm still VERY confused on how he shot a nail straight through his finger and the bone didn't break. Doesn't even have a scar from it...Thus, can't remember which finger it was, either. :lol:

Education is just obvious...We can afford an $80,000 bomb, but not new text books? Please. An $80,000 JDAM could buy several schools a brand new set for every subject.

...Or, you know...Drop it on a Mosque. Whatever.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Education is just obvious...We can afford an $80,000 bomb, but not new text books? Please. An $80,000 JDAM could buy several schools a brand new set for every subject.

...Or, you know...Drop it on a Mosque. Whatever.

Yea.. that's something I never understood - the cost of a warhead that's never going to get used, at least any time soon anyways, could easily fund a lot in Education... but the military must have their radioative balls to scratch :uhh:

Americans atm are trying to sell us British a replacement for a Trident missile system developed in the Cold War for use against Russia. The Soviet Union doesnt even exist anymore whats the point in spending billions replacing it?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Americans atm are trying to sell us British a replacement for a Trident missile system developed in the Cold War for use against Russia. The Soviet Union doesnt even exist anymore whats the point in spending billions replacing it?

The Trident system was never designed FOR attacking Russia, its just that they were the only enemies of the West who needed deterring with MAD at the time.

I think replacing them, however costly, is still vitally important. Our navy/army/RAF is simply not powerful enough to deter a rogue state from a fully fledged invasion. I feel we need these nuclear deterrents just to stop any corrupt nations from ever trying their luck with our forces pre-occupied in the Middle East.

supernovasigst7.jpg

Also, you can observe those attitudes at how Americans hate the French. I'm French, I get offended by that.

"What do you do if a French soldier throws a grenade at you?"

"Pull the pin and throw it back."

lol, Whats the difference between toast and the French?

You can make soldiers out of toast.

Anyway, when i was in Paris on holiday with my family, we were on this train, and we overheared the conversation of these Americans. And they spent a whole hour discussing the differences betwwen McDonalds in France and America.

Not a reason to hate them but pretty funny.

iteme3721.jpg

I think its crazy to spend so much money on weapons against an enemy that doesn't exist when our own troops at wars NOW don't have the right equipment to work the best.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yea i feel for you guys in england/australia..

The only thing worse than being run by a moron, is being run by a man who's being run by a moron. (i do respect him though, just disagree w/ some of his choices)

Also i do agree w/ an above poster

For instance Haiti will recieve 420m+ of us support next year. However their government is closely allied w/ venezuela, whose president, hugo chaves is a harsh critic..Seems like some ppl need to get their priorities straight

leftiesxb6.png

People think we're fat rich slobs. I'm not saying that some of us aren't, but we aren't ALL like that. Not my fault that McDonald's started here, and a bunch of tech stuff did too. :shame:

You gotta be kidding :P The reason for all this anti-american stuff isn't because you were fat or a yankee had found McDonald's :P

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm