Tanner4560

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The odds of this study concluding anything are slim-to-none, but w/e:

1453 total (I think...)

Net Worth: Approx. 70M

I burn about 200k a game at Castle Wars though, so combine that with DK'ing and my net worth fluctuates (or used to) quite a bit.

Still, there are just way too many important factors for this study to go anywhere.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Total: 1610

Net Worth: 170m

As far as I'm concerned, there's no direct correlation. I have as much money as I do because I spend time making money, because I find it fun. Others prefer skilling, so someone else can put in far more time than me and end up with far less money, though far higher skill total.

Also, there is an inverse relationship between money and skill total to a certain extent. If I wanted to, I could sell my green phat and go buy 99 smithing and 99 firemaking, or some such thing. I would then have higher skill total and lower net worth.

Basically, lots of skills take money, so with two people who play for comparable amounts of time, the one with more money will probably have lower skill total (not trying to be steriotypical or anything, some people could have both if they are a more efficient player)

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

Total level:1,444

Bank Worth: 40m (add 30m that I lost to scams)

OF: BTW: I heart your avvy Tanner. <3:

~Saruman

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Total lvl: 1302

Cash: ~400k

["Mil"? What is this "mil" that you speak of?]

You'll definitely need several million data points to determine any sort of correlation between total lvl and net worth. My bank is mostly filled with quest and skill training related junk.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

If you limited this study to just skillers you'd get more correlation in results.

Also if there is any correlation I should think it'd be a curve.

When your skills (money making skills) get higher they can make money faster. So in theory as the skills and total get higher you could make money faster so you'd be richer.

But still there not gonna be much correlation

Even if a high level can make money faster... what is there to say that the high level spends his time actually gathering the money?

I never spend any time on money making... I get everything I got threw skilling and I've always played the game that way.

I'm 1918 total and barely have enough stuff to scrap up to a 10m net value bank. 99 prayer and smithing sure has lowered my bank value though :lol:

I would be interested in seeing a way to calculate how much a character would be worth based on the costs of getting all the levels (or xp, since it would be more accurate) on the character and a rough calculation for how much cash a player could theoratically have gotten by gathering cash instead of training the skill that they trained (like agility could be calculated based on how much time you spend getting the level you got and how much cash you could have gotten if you had rc'ed or something like that instead). :-k

Dead+Dude4.png

the problem with money in rs has many factors.

• if you started in rs and had 4 phat sets coming into rs2...

if you bought a santa for a pair of rune legs when they where 50k... this is me.

did you trade your stuff from 3 other accounts :roll: .

did you capitolize(sp?) on a release or drop, IE slayer(remember mauls for 3m, and whips at 45m), d chain(60M), or dag kings(i've made over 200m there).

did you get items from a friend that quit or went to another game.

if you are a good merchant and have the ability to sit in fally and make cash trading stuff.

money at this time is too subject to the inflation of the game economy, and really means nothing.

i am not saying that because i am poor, i have no idea what my bank is worth (prolly 250m+ the 25m in my house :P ). i do have what i need to play the game...

every barrow set but arhims(may buy that but have no bank space)

my costume chests and wardrobes almost full.

plenty skills 1800+

7m operating fund

weapons, armor, arrows, runes, potions, herbs/seeds , 14k sharks, and 100+glory ammys

abilty to solo/team every creature in the game.

and a little yellow hat, that is getting ready to be upgraded soon.

if i want something i buy it, and at 124 combat my goals are 90 prayer/125 cmbt which is 10 whips away at current bone prices, that is if i dont want to liquidate anything. this is all after loosing a mask set.

i dont know where i fit into your chart, but you can plug me in anywhere you see fit. 8-)

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft