Working out topic

Rarex

Do you work out!? If yes, great! If not, then start!

Anyways, I have been working out since January 2008. 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, at my school fitness center/gym. So this topic is about working out and a not-so-specific day-to-day diary of what happened during the hours you were working out, ye? Also, anything relating to working out - questions, discussions, and all that.. I will try to answer all questions. Truthfully. :)

[hide=Good information to know (NEW)]Done with the Biceps, will complete triceps & deltoids soon...

The Arm Muscles

The arms consist of 3 main muscles - the biceps, triceps, and deltoids. Here they are:

armstuffhs7.png

Now, you have the basic (must know) knowledge. You must know learn the common terms used.

Set: A series of 10 repetitions of an exercise. Usually it's 10, sometimes (not common) it's 8. So 1 set = 10 reps

To build muscle, you need proper nutrition. There are 3 main suppliments that you should eat regurlarly. Here are what they are and what they do.

-Potassium- regulates the body's fluid balance, helps maintain normal blood pressure and is needed for muscle activity and contraction. BANANAS

-Calcium- Helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth. It also plays an important role in nerve function, muscle contraction and blood clotting.

-Protein (MOST IMPORTANT)- Builds and repairs muscle tissue and serves as a source of energy during high-powered endurance exercise. red meat & beef

Milk is a great overall for all these. Contains good amounts of all these 3.

Now, here are common (and basic I would say) exercises.

BICEPS

-Dumbbell Curl-

standing_dumbbell_curl_1.jpg

Can be down sitting down. Can be done in many forms. Proper form/shape should be having shoulders back and slowly raising the dumbbell until it touches your shoulder then lower it down. Do NOT let it drop.

-Incline Dumbbell Curl-

incline_dumbbell_curl.jpg

Great workout for the Biceps. It pretty much strictly uses the biceps. Your shoulders should be back (naturally they should be). Do the exercise slowly and don't let the dumbbells drop after you reach your shoulder, instead lower them down.

-EZ Bar Standing Bicep Curl-

ez_bar_standing_biceps_curl_1.gifez_bar_standing_biceps_curl_2.gif

(start) - (finish)

Another great workout for the biceps. Shoulders should be back. Do it slowly, don't let the bar drop.[/hide]

[hide=Why working out is good, tips, how to start, what to eat, and how to build]WHY WORKING OUT IS GOOD

Working out is a magnet to attract good looking girls if you reach the point where you biceps and triceps are visible. Triceps take more time to build to the point where they are obvious, biceps are equally as hard I would say but progress with your biceps is much better/easier. Deltoids is also necessary as it states definition if you don't have a shirt on. Triceps and deltoids is a must if you want to show off your arms - the triceps cut the appearance of fat while the deltoids "marks" the arm with two triangular-like "lines" :). So back to the subject: Like I said before, working out is great because it attract the ladies, you can also show off. It is also very healthy. I like doing pull ups when showing off, lol. It uses the biceps (plus great show off) and shows off your strength. It is a great way to break off the addiction with runescape! that is how I did it. GREAT WAY TO PASS TIME if you get into it.

TIPS

- Don't look at the clock! I have noticed that if I track time, it passes a lot slower than if I don't.

- Don't think like "I could be doing something funner than this..."!!! Don't, trust me.

- When working out, think of a beautiful girl running naked on the beach (Marisa Miller or Megan Fox).

- Always be persistent, you don't build your muscles over night (I have tried lol). if you are really persitent (2hrs/day, 5 days a week, 1hr a day on weekends) then it will take 1 month of doing so for your muscles (triceps, biceps, and deltoids) to get to the level where

- Drink milk, orange juice, bananas, meat, eggs, chicken, and beef daily if you want to build faster. Maybe some fish and shrimps.

[WILL ADD MORE SOON][/hide]

So just talk about working out. How much you can do (make sure to include height + weight) with X exercise, your experiences, tips, what your current routine is, what your planning to work on next, ask questions, and everything. Also remember: don't say "I bench 230lbs" when you can only do it 3 times. Or say "I work out at 180 and show off at 230", say that :)

post away.. i will post too

:/ I edited out the boob things... they were really unnecessary.~Lionheart_0

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty big for a 15 year old. Worked out with varsity players for a couple days a week for a while, and I stopped going to conditioning realizing they're some ignorant [bleep]s.

I hate to sound cocky, but i have these little ridges on the inside of my pecs. I just gotta look at them whenever I go by a mirror.

EDIT: Don't listen to anyone on this forum on how to work out, we're not professionals. Go to a local gym and ask a few trainers what you can do, and if you like it, get a membership. Just try to be dedicated and keep going for more than just a months time.

Oh cool :)

I hate it when I see a pretty girl with some lame dude with pimples all over his face and he isn't that good looking -_-

I also hate it when I see some football dude acting tough or like he is tired from all the running/practicing when (1) I can do more than him at everything and (2) I get much more tired and don't act lazy and dumby. Another thing, when I see someone dressed in shirts & shorts like from gym class acting all tired...

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

You really had to make the boobs with the parenthesis and periods? Seriously...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I'm not muscular at all nor am I fat. If anything, I'm underweight :| .

OP: You should change you title. Take out the runescape bewbs --> (.) and make the title something that makes sense. It looks like you're trying to say "Topic Under Construction".

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I hate it when I see a pretty girl with some lame dude with pimples all over his face and he isn't that good looking -_-

Jelous much? :|

Working out seriously seems overrated nowadays. But then again, it may just be the male ego.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I also hate it when I see some football dude acting tough or like he is tired from all the running/practicing when (1) I can do more than him at everything and (2) I get much more tired and don't act lazy and dumby. Another thing, when I see someone dressed in shirts & shorts like from gym class acting all tired...

Hahahaha. Right on, man, its whats on the outside that counts. Those muscles heads who taught you that getting ripped with huge abs meant youd be scoring with all the hot girls lied to you.

I bet youre so manly you could outrun a fighter jet made of biceps. Im not even sure I should be talking to you since youre so much better than me, jesus christ dont hurt me.

e-penis thread, watch where you wave those things, you could have an eye out.

knkcopy.jpg

I worked out every morning at 5:45am at a Working-Out Facility during the summer to prepare for football. I was more interested in working out my abdominal muscles more than anything, but I still did chest and legs throughout. I can say, one of the best feelings in the world is looking good and being in shape. That is what motivates me to work out. Now that football has started, as has school, I haven't had the time to work out. This will probably stay that way until Spring, when I choose to not play a spring sport and work out instead.

And by the way, Rarex, muscles do build overnight. :P In working out, you break down your muscles, and when you sleep, your body rebuilds them. Although it isn't noticeable the next morning, which is what you meant, you'll see results after a while. Just had to point that out. :D

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I hate you already. Good job, that's almost a record.

~

You can bench about 85 pounds.

That's just the impression I'm getting from the way you post. Some fourteen year old pervert with no concept of the journey, only of the goal.

Seriously guys. If you're going to make a thread about something technical, at least have some idea what you're talking about. I didn't see any information in that post that I couldn't have gotten from a three year old, apart from the stuff that was wrong.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't really know why, but I have always hated the concept of working out. I ride my bike to school and back again (4 km each way) and do some extra biking and walking, and that is how I keep fit. Sometimes I might do some pushups, but I still hate the concept.

And speaking of working out, I had a quite amusing conversation with someone from a gym last year.

Ohai thar! Do you go to a gym?

No.

You should start going to our gym!

Why?

Because you will get in a better shape, which will last for the rest of your life!

I am starting to get annoyed, and I want to end the conversation

Well, sadly, I am not sure of how long I have left to live.

She gets a bit surprised and says:

... But... You look like you're just fine...

(Like I'm really offended) "Look like"?!

Then she got quiet, and I left. I am not too happy about überhappy people trying to force on me their lifestyle.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

I've been working out a bit, doing crunches and the excersize bike thing in my house. I should probably be doing a lot more, but so far I've lost 5 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks or so, which is pretty good for me. I'm not overweight, but I could do with losing the little bit of belly fat I have around me.

At the same time, I need to gain weight in muscle. I've been doing crunches, reverse crunches, and obliques to help get those abs I've always wanted, but I still need to work on my arms and legs.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

You're so right man, I mean, c'mon. An unattractive guy who doesn't work out? Wow, I bet he's a complete loser. That chick should totally be yours dude. Maybe you should go beat him up and call him gay, that would teach him.

P.S. I don't like you.

snowsigyy7.png

Working out to pull girls is a terrible reason to work out. Especially since the girls who go for that kind of thing are normally about as vacuous as they come. Work out for the endorphin rush and the way it makes you feel. Of course the extra self-confidence is great, but try not to play to the trend of being judged on physical image.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

The chicks come from working out. 8-)

I can't stand people who are so lazy they can't give an hour at most of their time for better all around health. Work outs feel great once you're done.

What the hell is this? Babe-s is censored, am I some sexist pig now?

Lol, jealous much.

Why do you always have to make stupid post about how buff you are and how you are better than everyone? We don't need to know.....

And lmao, you are better than him in anything? You ignorant idiot, think before you speak.

2j3qh46.jpg

Hmm, I sense this topic is going to be locked if there's more flaming going on :roll:

Anyway, for me, I don't workout, although I'm thinking of starting working out just to get the bit of belly fat off. No, I'm not overweight.

Looks like I have either natural muscle, or all the work I do around made them, since a few days ago, that guy I was talking to, when we began to talk about that, said "wtf you don't take supplements and you don't workout?", and I said no, and he was a bit surprised. Also seems to him that I had lost some fat too.

Also remember: don't say "I bench 230lbs" when you can only do it 3 times. Or say "I work out at 180 and show off at 230", say that :)

Eh, saying you bench 230 would be technically correct. When you say you "bench" something you're talking about maxing out which is basically doing 1 rep and then needing help to get the bar off.

But I'm happy to see a topic about this. I love to see people getting in shape :D I work out every other day at a karate class. It's enough exercise to keep me from packing on some pounds through my normal life. I'm planning on starting to work out hardcore soon though. Protein drinks, 5am runs, lifting, calorie counting, the works. I used to do this about a year ago and packed on some serious muscle before falling into depression for a while. So for almost a year now my body has been slowly eating away my muscle mass and I'm pretty much looking normal at this point :( Plus a males hormones peak at around 18 years old so this is going to be the easiest time for me to get in amazing shape :D ::'

Lmao. Nice job on making a fool of yourself and making a good portion of the community hate you with one swift sentence. I've never seen that done before and I've spent a decent amount of time talking to TheChamp :lol: =D>

Edit:

To make sure at least one person brings something good out of this thread I'll give out a little tip:

-Be cautious of how much you run if you're looking to build muscle. Running too much will actually cause you to burn up the muscles you've worked so hard for. Ever wonder why marathon runners aren't buldging with muscles all over?

hmm.. I'm a fairly attractive female.. yet I wouldn't go out with someone that was too muscle-ly.....

I wouldn't wnat to spend my time with someone that was completely interested in working out....

so if you are going to work out... just to get girls.. just try to not over-do it. :shock:

My summer workouts weren't really heavy workouts; they helped tone my body.

For sure, I would never become a body builder. Having that much muscle is just gross and a waste of time.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

For sure, I would never become a body builder. Having that much muscle is just gross and a waste of time.

SEE!!!!!!!!!!1 he isn't attracted to humungous amounts of muscle mass either! :shock:

Anyways, the only working out I do is climb subway stairs... there;s a lot of them.

Also I like going for long walks... and... I usually chase the cat around the house. #-o

I greatly detest working out, so I just wander and am now getting into backpacking (daytrips only, so far). I'm also getting into gathering wild edible plants. I found an almost limitless supply of black walnuts today, so I can't wait til those ripen up a bit more.

you've been working out since january 2008? what a pro.

seriously, i would not take any of your advice. your basic reason for working out is to get a girl. anyone interested in working out and bettering yourself, do not do it only for girls because you will be destined to fail. of course getting a boyfriend/girlfriend is a bonus of exercise and eating right, but by no means should it be the only reason.

you need to find a reason to make yourself do it. picturing "a naked girl running on the beach" will not cut it.

i wake up at 6:30 in the morning to go swim in a cold pool before it gets crowded. i dont do it because i want a girlfriend, although it is a bonus.

i do it because i love it. im the most dedicated member of my gym, as ive been told by almost everyone that works there. its my sanctuary and my second home. i go there to relieve stress, to have fun, and to feel alive. its not something i make myself do, it is a privilege that i am lucky to have.

find a real motivator before you try to give advice to others.

Well I don't do much in the way of Push Ups, or Bar Bells, but I do swim every other day for well over an hour at a time. And let me tell you: Swimming builds Muscle!

Seriously guy's, swimming- if you do it right works wonders. So does walking for 30 or so minutes a day. Now just laying on your back and taking a nap while in the water does not count, you have to do your exercises. My personall favorite would be an odd backstroke I like to call the Trireme (after the old Greek and roman ships). Simply lie on your back, try to keep your head (nose at least) above the water, and use your arms both at once to propel yourself. With proper form you can reach surprising speeds in a calm body of water. Fighting a current however makes this allot harder. To do this right do not use your legs as a means of propulsion, try to keep them togeather.

Just thought I would share with all of you a great way to get in shape that is actually fun instead of painful. It won't do everything (like give you that 6-pack you always wanted) but it's a great start for any one who is out of shape, or wants to build up stamina.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

I'm in highschool, and many times, I find it impossible to do any kind of workout. If I was able to, I would get a membership at a club and swim all the time, but that is time I do not have. I am guessing that people who posted previous are on their own in college or already graduated. If not, how do you find the time to do all this?

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|