Multi-Site Steel War 4 (Delayed)

MSSW4Header.png

Stats.png

MSSW4Time.png

MSSW4AfterPartys.png

Official Signature

MSSW4TI.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=754940][img=http://dimg.biz/dynamicImages/Custom/MSSW4/Sig/MSSW4TI.png][/url]

Official Banner

MSSW4Banner.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=754940][img=http://dimg.biz/dynamicImages/Custom/MSSW4/MSSW4Banner.gif][/url]

MSSW4TI.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! The MSSW Is back! I'll be there in my wonderful steel. Who shall lead Tip.It In this war?

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I shall take this cup on me once again and organise the best army (instead of the largest) ever assembled...

Expect a massive campaigning routine like last time for this...

Although I would request that Tip.it would not be matched against RSC straight away... Epic battles early on just arent as fun as them being the latest possible in the tournament...

But as Lord Troyus said, isnt it bst to wait for the free-for-all areas? Or atleast till they release the renewed version of Clanwars?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Should just wait for the free for all area's...

i remember reading the update topic talking about this like 3 months ago, and while i had faith it would be soon i kinda gave up....but hopefully they release it before Aug 30th cause it would be alot nicer :P

I shall take this cup on me once again and organise the best army (instead of the largest) ever assembled...

Expect a massive campaigning routine like last time for this...

Although I would request that Tip.it would not be matched against RSC straight away... Epic battles early on just arent as fun as them being the latest possible in the tournament...

But as Lord Troyus said, isnt it bst to wait for the free-for-all areas? Or atleast till they release the renewed version of Clanwars?

i was planning on doing the leader selection through a census, but for tip.it i dont think that it is needed

*adds Ts_Stormrage as the leader of tip.it*

edit - sorry skipped that last little part

i designed round 1 to be as unpredictable as possible, (RV+HQ)(SA+RC)(TI+RSC). By changeing this order in any way the war becomes predictable and while the final battle would be more epic the first battles would be predicable and meaninless. So it is for this reason that tip.it must verse RSC in the beginning.

MSSW4TI.png

That's what I was thinking Stormrage, having RSC and Tip,it in the second round because of having the bye makes no sense to me. They should be on opposite sides of the bracket to allow the #1 and #2 seeds respectively (that's what I think it was meant for) to be on either side. That would make more sense to me.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I aggree with mirror and Stormrage, it makes no sence haveing tipit fight RSc in the first round.

I should be ablt to make it.

Long live Tip.it :thumbsup:

13zwenn.png

That's what I was thinking Stormrage, having RSC and Tip,it in the second round because of having the bye makes no sense to me. They should be on opposite sides of the bracket to allow the #1 and #2 seeds respectively (that's what I think it was meant for) to be on either side. That would make more sense to me.

i see what your saying and a system like this works very well in the NHL (where the best team in the conference verses the worst team in the conference), however it would not work well in RS since the gap between the best team and the worst team is huge. Thereby making the final outcome predictable and therefore the other battles meaninless.

Also by doing this system it is much more possible for RSC to send some of there troops to aid whoever you are versing. So in the below first round it would be very possible for RV to have 10 of there own troops then 90 sent from RSC. Also another 2 teams would have to be added thereby lessening the probability of a RSC vs TIP final battle.

(RV+TIP)(RSC+SA)(HQ+RC)(BB+??)

MSSW4TI.png

I understand why you chose the clans and who they fight...

But I sent you a forum PM, please read it, and if possible, discuss it with me tomorrow...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

But look at it, if rsc wins, they will win it all, if tipit wins, they will win it all.

It's best to just have the best paired with the worst, then medium with medium.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Also, 1 hour apart per battle isnt goign to work either...

Jagex said that they would release the freeforall areas pretty soon, atleast this year...

I'm sorry Dustin, but if a plan like the one you put up was goign to work, we wouldve had the MSSW4 a long time ago already... It needs some major remodelling...

Jagex quote:

Glimpse of the Future (Updates in development and planned for later than August)

One update that just missed this month's Behind the Scenes was the Clan Wars update. This is a priority for us, and we'll be releasing it as soon as we feel it is ready, featuring bucketloads of new arenas and game options, plus two 'free-for-all' PVP battlegrounds where you can fight in any way you please.

I strongly urge you to wait for those free for all areas...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Im soo there!

Lets beat this thing like we did last time!

The thing i find hard here is that we would have to organize the 100 best players since a clan can only have 100 in the chat at a time. :-k

Edit: after readint through the topic, i agree to what has been said.

If tip.it wins, they win it all.

If rsc wins, they win it all.

Aslo, i dont think people from one site would want to help a different site win. :P

I think waiting for the updated clan wars would be the best idea.

I went with RuneHQ last time, but now I'm with Tip.It :thumbsup:

I wonder who our leader will b :ohnoes:

I'll definitely b there if I can make it :D

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

VVV won't be able to participate proberly because its FAR too early, il try be their if you want me to help lead though.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

i have given much thought into what you guys have said about delaying the war for the FFA update, and currently i believe that delaying would not be the correct decision. This is because i believe the FFA update will be designed much like bounty wars (where you die and re-spawn outside the area) and if this is true zombieing will be a huge issue.

I have set up a debate on createdebate.com (here), and filled it with all the arguments i could think of. So if you guys want to put in your input you can do it there. Or you may reply to this post...same thing i guess :P

MSSW4TI.png

The main issue is, if any of the bigger fansites want to try to win, they have to get only 100 of the absolute best, all maxed out or close to combat people, which means that almost everyone else won't be able to join in.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

4am?!? gods damnit these events are never australian friendly. course if i set an alarm and cbf getting out of bed i'll gladly come as i've never done a multi-site event before.

Popoto.~<3

Also, 1 hour apart per battle inst going to work either...

Jagex said that they would release the freeforall areas pretty soon, atleast this year...

I'm sorry Dustin, but if a plan like the one you put up was goign to work, we would've had the MSSW4 a long time ago already... It needs some major remodeling...

Jagex quote:

Glimpse of the Future (Updates in development and planned for later than August)

One update that just missed this month's Behind the Scenes was the Clan Wars update. This is a priority for us, and we'll be releasing it as soon as we feel it is ready, featuring bucketloads of new arenas and game options, plus two 'free-for-all' PVP battlegrounds where you can fight in any way you please.

I strongly urge you to wait for those free for all areas...

+1

The reason being is that it isn't what fansite has the best 100 people they could assemble, it is about the mass amounts of supporters! Even skillers came to the last one! (wore green outfits :P)

MSSW? Sounds more like Clan wars. Now, please don't take this as me throwing the whole idea out the door. This has been one of the coolest ideas that has actually played out between fansites! But I think you should wait for the release. There is no MSSW 2008 saying "THIS HAS TO BE DONE IN BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!' (cough)

It is MSSW 4. If this one goes lame it basically kills reputation MSSW (Future Numbers). You will have people breathing down your back, beleive me. I would say wait for future updates. They are usually worth the wait. There is a good saying that goes "Better to want something you don't have then to have something you don't want."

What this comes down to is that we can "want" a little longer. ;)

Ts is a great leader but in fairness to others I would take nominations and ask a moderator for a poll around Aug 20th (that runs for a week) to decide. Lets people feel more involved.

~odie

This post is my personal thoughts and in no way represent Tip.it staff.

PS:

The link to the P2P hi-scores can be found here: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=tipit

The link to the F2P hi-scores can be found here: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=tipitf2p

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Dbz ran us to victory last time, I don't see why he can't this time. And I strongly suggest delaying it until after the updates. We've nearly waited a year, a bit more wouldn't hurt.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.