I'm sure you all agree... SURPRISING ANALYSIS - 4TH LINK

Ts_Stormrage

Merchant Clans... 26k Tricking... Ginormous cash rewards on PVP...

It is all causing the artificial inflation of which I have a few nice examples here:

Armadyl Chestplate: Today: +255.4k - 30 Day: 1,611,498gp [+14.8%] - now 12.5m after a steady 9m for months

Abyssal Whip: Today: +24.7k - 30 Day: 470,948gp [+30.8%] - now 2m after months of stability on 1.5m

Dragon Claws: Today: +428.4k - 30 Day: 5,077,080gp [+17.8%]

Bandos Chestplate: Today: +330.6k - 30 Day: 2,232,391gp [+16.7%]

Dragonfire Shield: Today: +433.2k - 30 Day: 2,662,661gp [+16.5%] - almost back at the value it was released at

Barrows - Guthan's Set: Today: +97.8k - 30 Day: 490,909gp [+14.4%]

Mage's Book: Today: +130.3k - 30 Day: 1,374,338gp [+96.4%] - biggest price jump yet

But you'd think that this was due to those drops being removed from PVP... Nope...

Shark: Today: -10gp - 30 Day: 375gp [+40.1%]

Clean Ranarr: Today: -128gp - 30 Day: 2,109gp [+26.9%] - 90 Day: 3,636gp [+57.6%]

Coal: Today: +3gp - 30 Day: 19gp [+10.8%] - after months of steadyness on 175

Magic Logs: Today: +10gp - 30 Day: 81gp [+6.2%] - 90 Day: 116gp [+9.1%] - used to be 1k, now hardly worth alching

Yew Logs: Today: -8gp - 30 Day: 40gp [+8.7%] - 90 Day: 55gp [+12.5%] - used to be 300

Dragon Bones: Today: +36gp - 30 Day: 333gp [+14.1%]

Big Bones: Today: +7gp - 30 Day: 46gp [+13.2%]

Ok, the trend is obvious, and there are absolutely NO signs of this stopping any time soon... Enormous amounts of GP are flowing into the economy, and they are coming largely from PVP (and the tricking there) and are driven up further by the Merchant clans...

PVP should be turned back into a money sink rather then stay a method of quick cash for thousands of people, many of which are abusing the system in place... The exact same thing goes for manipulative merchant clans... And so far, not a single official statement by Jagex, just a mere acknowledgement by one J-mod...

This cannot continue... So if you agree, help spread the word:

This:

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=800483][img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/glassdiamond/TSA/GESig.gif][/url]

Will give this:

GESig.gif

As for the new and most indicative data:

Check my latest post on this thread

And here is all the factors causes and effects explained;

Feel free to post questions, but quote the play by play if you do

And this is a nice graph of the Common Trade Index that pretty much says it all;

Thanks to Wiki and swampjedi

Here I have analysed what the July 15th update did for the massive inlfation;

Feel free to discuss

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a shark and monkfisher i find the new cash coming into the economy quite good for my cash pile.

selling 1k sharks has brought me 1.3mil closer to 99 firemaking.

Yes, i have 26k'd and the easy money enticed me quite alot, making over 2 mil an hour was incredible money, until i saw the effect it had on the economy so i stopped.

But now Nightshade can't get his arma.

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

I don't agree.

Pvp shouldn't become a money sink as you put it. Rather Jagex should just find a way to stop the 26k'ers.

People who enjoy PVP shouldn't be chastised because of a few non-PVPers who found a get rich quick scheme. Rather Jagex should be making a way to stop these people without harming the players who are finally being able to pk again.

Zerker_jane.png

Explain why inflation is bad in Runescape.

People who don't get the fast cash quickly can't keep up with the rise in price, and their money becomes less valuable.

Um, if they invest their piles of cash into items, then they will keep up with inflation.

Next!

w4M8t.png

People who don't get the fast cash quickly can't keep up with the rise in price, and their money becomes less valuable.

Um, if they invest their piles of cash into items, then they will keep up with inflation.

Next!

And then they have no cash to use.

Stellactic.gif

You have to remember times like the Mage's book and the Abyssal Whip got taken out of Pvp drop tables so the supply went down causing them to rise so much. Otherwise yes they are a problem one worse than the other and they need to be dealt with.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Next!

exactly ... im trying to find a place for my cash as well

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Next!

And then they have no cash to use.

Because of the grand exchange, most items are pretty liquid, IE you can exchange them for gold almost instantly.

Next!

w4M8t.png

Inflation makes item prices rise and the people who didn't abuse G.E. manipulation and 26k'ing get [bleep]ed out (I know that's not a huge deal, but it is wrong...)

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Ooh, ooh! I got a softball for ya!

What about all the newbies coming into the game that have to deal with initially higher prices?

The price of a partyhat when I started was much much less than 1m(i'm thinking around 100-200k)

On the flip-side I wasn't able to get a rune 2h, because getting 1m gp(which is what they cost at the time) back then required at least a month for the average player.

So this is an inherant part of the game.

w4M8t.png

I have all I need so it doesn't really bother me. Although, I wish I knew whether or not Jagex was going to nerf the drop rates/26k'ing. Then I could confidently choose whether or not to invest in these rising items.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

These things make that secondairy skills are useless for lower levels, I mean, what lvl 3 is going to make leather if he can sell the cowhide for 132 gp? :s

More than likely, he would be able to sell leather for a proportionally higher amount...so really this makes a better money making method for lower levels(as the cost of tanning stays the same)...

however, it all balances out with the fact that the items these lower levels are going to want to buy are going to be more expensive...

eventually 26king(because the artifacts have set prices) will not be such a great money making method.

w4M8t.png

I have all I need so it doesn't really bother me. Although, I wish I knew whether or not Jagex was going to nerf the drop rates/26k'ing. Then I could confidently choose whether or not to invest in these rising items.

they're definitely going to nerf 26k'ing. a picture with solid proof was posted here and said the team is working on it.

Inflation rates that gets out of control will mean that noone will use the GE ever again. I earn 50k today, by tomorrow that 50k is worth 1gp. Noone will ever trust any type of item directly linked with a GP source. All runes, Sp shards, GP, arrows buyable in shops, dragon items buyable in shops will become useless. Before you know it, Whips are 10m, D hatchet is 50m, GS is 1 bil, Phats will no longer be traded. How's that for why inflation is bad.

120dgl.jpg

Whoever invests cash into items to keep up with inflation, i got news for you:

Soon the PvP artifacts will be dealt with>Items go down in price a week after that is done>You loose money.

[hide=]

they're definitely going to nerf 26k'ing. a picture with solid proof was posted here and said the team is working on it.

[/hide]

Where can I find this picture? :D

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The real question here is when, and if they are going to make it a bannable offence. Knowing Jagex, it will probably take them like 2 weeks, when it should have been fixed 2 weeks ago.

16185_s.gif

fc37dy.jpg

I'll have to check that out when I get home. This computer blocks the image. Thanks, though. ::'

NP, that will be 10 farmed tomatos :thumbup: and +2 more extra for searching the screenshot up from a other thread. :)

[hide=]

[/hide]

Where can I find this picture? :D

It's on the picture thread.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png